Hex: Shards of Fate TCG - Set 7: Frostheart 6/29/17

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Legal Statement

From the KS Update

Also, my beta key is still open to someone who understands that you will probably have to spend some money to really enjoy the experience.
No "probably" about it, if you want in the beta starting fresh now, and you want to do anything worth a damn, you absolutely will need to spend money. At a minimum I would say $12 a week. That should get you a couple drafts and after a few months at $12 a week you would probably have enough cards to make a constructed deck. This game is not going to be cheap if you want to really get into it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bummer on the money part wanted to give it a try but not at that cost

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Once the AH/Trading starts up I believe that number will drop significantly since you will be able to sell your rares/legs/chests/packs for plat to enter more tourneys; but for right now Attog is correct.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's also the pve part which will be entirely free but that shit won't happen until like next year probably.

xasiklas

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing since October pretty much non-stop and really love the game, it has been the perfect replacement for magic and mtgo for me, have not spent a single penny and second on those since then. I would be really disappointed if they have to change the mechanics or even worse cancel the game because of this lawsuit.

Also beta invite available, first pm gets it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I realize this is still beta, but what's up with playing against the AI? I've tried 9 games, 6 of which froze either on my turn, or the AI's (usually the AI's). (and 2 of the other 3 I had to mulligan for having 1 mana and 6 mana opening hand, respectively) I this normal? I ran the repair tool, but everything seems fine.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I realize this is still beta, but what's up with playing against the AI? I've tried 9 games, 6 of which froze either on my turn, or the AI's (usually the AI's). (and 2 of the other 3 I had to mulligan for having 1 mana and 6 mana opening hand, respectively) I this normal? I ran the repair tool, but everything seems fine.
I've ran into some issues with AI turn lock-ups during some initial play tests, likely a known issue.

Player games work just fine.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is normal in beta right now. Even when it works, the AI really doesn't work. It will kill its own creatures, make itself discard its own cards, etc. Not really worth playing against at all right now. In the current form the game is PVP only.

OneofOne

Well I don't expect the AI to be terribly bright at this point, just wanted to see how well my deck worked, see what other cards are out there, etc.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well I don't expect the AI to be terribly bright at this point, just wanted to see how well my deck worked, see what other cards are out there, etc.
It's a decent draw test imo, since the one they have in the deck builder doesn't seem to work for me.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Just asked that HexRex guy in chat and he said the AI server is having issues. Always happened but used to be uncommon. Seems something changed this last week as I get it 30-50% of games now against AI. he also said don't expect fixes as they're concentrating on making AI 2.0 rather than fixing this one.

Game was and is not ready for moving to pay to play. It's almost as though they wanted to before WotCs patents expire next month to force their hand into litigation.

Thrawnseg_sl

shitlord
Any beta keys still avail? Tried the 3 listed in Selix's spoilers, but all taken.

Also, are the promo things redeemable/usable, or are they pve only? (Gax the sly roller, Portensio Avon, the sleeves)

OneofOne

I like what I'm seeing so far, but yeah

Game was and is not ready for moving to pay to play.
100% truth. The only thing I can think of is they are running low on funds and trying to get some income. There's a part of me that finds it to be very shady tbh. Very interested in the game, but won't be spending any cash until PvE is in, and the lawsuit is settled. Hell, maybe that's the point of the lawsuit, just delay them enough until MTG's new and improved MTGO comes out. There's something to be said for coming to market first, ESPECIALLY when people have to invest so much money in playing that it makes game-hopping that much more unlikely.