Hip-Hop/Rap thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This Dr. Dre album. HTF is it getting this sort of praise? I must be getting old. I listened to it a few times over the weekend...and I will be putting ONE song on my HD in the car.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I don't get it. It's an album ... not a horrid album, but nothing amazing.

Sigh.

You know, I wish more hip hop artists would do concept albums.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wish World Renown would've been greenlit to finish their album.

Grand Puba Maxwell

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

http://legendaryhammers.bandcamp.com/album/secret-ooze
$5 Album
rrr_img_106797.jpg

PKS

N00b
Been on a hip hop journey last few months, never listened to anything in this genre before - never appealed for some reason. Other than doing the white thing and listening to Em's releases but that never did much for me either. Would you believe it took Kanye's last couple of albums to kick start it? Even though it's so far removed from the hip hop I'm at right now.

So I've got a whole genre to explore - started with West coast rappers - Dre/Snoop/Pac. . .

Having fresh ears on Dre's 3 albums, I'm not sure why the hate above on his new album.

The Chronic, that shit's just got such a great vibe you could kick back to. It's fantastic. $20 sack pyramid has to be the best thingeveron a disc.
2001 - hot damn these tunes. They are the shit everyone's heard on the radio or tv or other people playing, and I've never bothered paying attention. Snoop/Em murderous talent, Hittman was good too but I've had a look at his bio and he basically doesn't exist? Oh well. Timeless tunes.
Compton - Vibe is way different, way more dark/serious. Is it really the sequel to 2001? Not strictly speaking but it's got plenty of killer tunes. Talk about it, All in a day's work, Darkside/Gone, Issues, Medicine Man.... just produced fantastically with killer hook and rappers delivering. Just the vibe - this style isn't going to produce any timeless classics. I still dig it. Maybe I'm too ignorant!

Probably have to get Kendricks works next, his Darkside/Gone and Deep water verses trump the lot. Keeping an eye out for Jon Connor, hopefully doesn't end up the way of Hittman.