<Medals Crew>
tenor.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
PC update: Basically at the point all I have to do is hook up all the bullshit like the case/fan led and usb ports to the motherboard and power supply and whatnot. Everything else is already in. Started last night worked on it for a bit, got the case fans installed and then been working past couple hours on putting together the processor/after market cooling, installing the motherboard and organizing the cable system, etc.

This is going to be the most open, most ventilated and most illuminated pc I've built to date. 8 case fans, all LED. Next time I build one I'm going to try water cooling I think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I really can't speak highly enough of the phanteks eclipse case by the way. It has ssd drive bays in the cable storage area behind the motherboard, so you can literally rip out the old hdd case from the bottom, which allows you to add a third front fan. The cable management options for the board are beyond amazing as well, basically there are no cables whatsoever inside the case, clearing up a ton of space for air to flow properly.

For a mid size tower case, it has more room than I know what do to with, and I've fit 6 fans in the case itself, plus two on the processor cooling tower. Fucking ridiculous. And its like 80 bucks or some shit.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I've been leery of water cooling. 8 case fans is ridiculous, true, but it one goes out it doesn't ruin the whole. If your water cooling setup goes bad (I don't even mean a leak) you're rebuilding the whole thing.

But if you can count on them to last 2-4 years then it is moot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The air flow is great.

Can't figure out how to get the damn thing to boot from usb so I can install windows. And gotta figure out how to set the timing correctly for the RAM.

Other than that, everythings working great.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I ended up having to force it to boot from the usb directly in the bios for some dumb reason. Once I did that, though, its all up and I'm posting from it now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I ended up having to force it to boot from the usb directly in the bios for some dumb reason. Once I did that, though, its all up and I'm posting from it now.

Thats pretty standard these days.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thats pretty standard these days.

Makes sense but this is the first time I've installed from USB instead of optical disc so it threw me for a loop for a bit, plus I was already tired from working on it all day methodically, so I took a nap and figured it out once my mind was clear again.

• 1Like
  • 1Hodjing

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The last little quirk I was having was getting the system to accept my ram at a higher speed than it was automatically set at in the motherboard (2133). Finally think I got a stable set up at 2800, even though the ram itself is rated at 3k.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Don't worry Vanessa Vanessa , once you have your complete mental breakdown in your thread in Screenshots, you can come hang out in my salty thread as a safe space for you to recover in.

Just make sure you bring lots of sal....oh wait I see from your thread you're already drowning in the saltiness.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Don't worry Vanessa Vanessa , once you have your complete mental breakdown in your thread in Screenshots, you can come hang out in my salty thread as a safe space for you to recover in.

Just make sure you bring lots of sal....oh wait I see from your thread you're already drowning in the saltiness.
I wasn't aware that me decimating the status quo was drowning in saltiness. Interesting theory though.

P.S. This thread sucks... just like you.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Faggotry

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
"Anyone that thinks I'm an overall detriment to the community because I make every thread about my genitals is obsessed with me" -@Vanessa

Really all that needs to be said. You're a shitty poster. The fact you needed to cite one of the closet fags in this community sending you white knight pms to try and fuck you in order to justify to your ego that you're #winning is just sad, and pathetic.

My salty thread is the best thread this forum will ever see. Slightly less great now that you're delusions are included, but still the best, nonetheless.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Hodj, I'm lost to the crack that is Factorio. Please send help (and any surplus circuits you might have)

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hodj, I'm lost to the crack that is Factorio. Please send help (and any surplus circuits you might have)

Great game. If you haven't tried it, Oxygen Not Included is the same degree of crack + comedy and Satisfactory I think will probably be almost as good once its in a more feature complete state.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The factory needs more iron.

Iron is plentiful. Copper (and subsequently circuits) is the never-ending resource demand in the latest version.

Great game. If you haven't tried it, Oxygen Not Included is the same degree of crack + comedy and Satisfactory I think will probably be almost as good once its in a more feature complete state.

It's launching May 28 apparently. Are they going to be adding post-release content?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oxygen Not included has big plans for post launch content updates from my understanding.

Its one of my favorite games of that ilk ever. Love that fucking game.

• 3Like