Hodj

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My hypothesis is thats he desperate for group acceptance, so he just takes whatever position he thinks the most people around him take. Hes a total follower, and probably has a very tiny penis.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
hodj;1146003 said:
My hypothesis is thats he desperate for group acceptance, so he just takes whatever position he thinks the most people around him take. Hes a total follower, and probably has a very tiny penis.
How would that make him an atheist? Bros b4 hoes, man.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno, the atheist crew thing was a_skeleton_03's descriptor, mostly because hes a butthurt fake internet theist.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dinner update: had a philly cheesesteak sub with mushrooms from firehouse subs. Shit was good.

Working on cleaning mud off my backpack and boots, cleaning my orange safety vest of mud sweat and bug spray by hand washing it with a bar of soap in the hotel bathroom sink, and cleaning up my camelbak water pack. All this is complicated by the lack of hot water is my suppposedly upscale hotel room.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I always buy wolverine steel toe waterproof work boots for archaeology.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
a_skeleton_03;1146038 said:
I still have 3 and a half hours of work yet.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with rheumatalogy to get my uric acid down.

You got the gout? Shits painful, try not to drink with it

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
hodj;1146047 said:
You got the gout? Shits painful, try not to drink with it

Nah no gout yet. Had a little bit of a high level when I started chemo which raised it and I was allergic to the allopurinol that lowers it the best way.

Gave me two kidney stones last month and those made me throw up in the parking lot at urgent care until they finally knocked me out with morphine.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Follow the doctors advice and also modify your diet till those levels go down. Good friend of mine from childhood has gout and it is not pleasant to deal with on the daily.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hoss said something about starting a christian anthropology thread. i know several christian anthropologists. None of them are young earthers who believe in literal interpretations of the OT, and most dont believe Jesus was the divine son of god, but rather a peaceful prophet. Why does he think such a thread would bother me?

Most of them follow joseph Campbells views of the importance of myth and tradition to personal growth and transformation. I have nothing bad to say about them.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Because then I would counter with "no true scotsman".

I will never understand how you can claim CHRISTianity and yet deny the deity of CHRIST. It is kind of integral. There is a ton of other wiggle room across the board but that one .....

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thats actually the argument I make, if you dont believe literally the genesis creation myth, adam and eve, the fall in the garden, the covenants, and the divinity of christ, then you might call yourself Christian, but really youre just a new age hippy dippy playing big book of multiple choice with what is supposed to be gods holy word.

But the Joseph Campbell books on myth and the heros tale and its broad applicability to every major human faith structure does give them a sort of out, because he essentially is saying that this story is an archetype meant to relay paths to personal progress, and therefore whatever culturee you belong to's overarching mythos is functionally relaying these lessons and so it doesnt matter if youre Christian or buddhist or bahai or following odin or quetzcoatl, all are paths to spiritual growth wih or without takig them as literally true.

so even like modern myrhology like fantasy fiction relays the same sort of spiritual message, in this worldview.

I think its apologetics and accomodationist tripe, but to each their own I suppose.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That is the difference between a "spiritual person" and a "Christian" though in my opinion.

I know many people that are "very spiritual" and just pick and choose what they believe and when they go home for Christmas they narrow it down to Christian for mom but they just believe whatever is most convenient.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The first Joseph Campbell book is literally titled "The hero with a thousand faces" for instance. He was an anthropologist who studied human myth making. He the. Wrote four more books focusing on major regions and primitive myth making. Good shit, actually.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
a_skeleton_03;1146089 said:
That is the difference between a "spiritual person" and a "Christian" though in my opinion.

I know many people that are "very spiritual" and just pick and choose what they believe and when they go home for Christmas they narrow it down to Christian for mom but they just believe whatever is most convenient.

Thats all Christianity though. 30k plus different denominations of the belief shstem, all with varying interpretations of the belief system.

Status
Not open for further replies.