Hogwarts Legacy

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Major gaming forum issues total ban on discussion of Hogwarts Legacy

Resetera had previously banned new posts about promotion for Hogwarts Legacy, preventing users from starting new discussions about trailers and other showcases. Instead, all of those conversations were limited to a single, ongoing thread.

In a post last night, however, the forum's general manager said that "the mod team has decided to expand our prior ban on promotion for the Hogwarts game to include the game itself," with "no discussion of this game" allowed on the site.

• 12Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 14 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What will most likely be one of the biggest titles of the year banned on a 'gaming' site.

lol.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What kind of faggots call Resetera a 'major gaming forum' in the first place?

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Major gaming forum issues total ban on discussion of Hogwarts Legacy

Resetera had previously banned new posts about promotion for Hogwarts Legacy, preventing users from starting new discussions about trailers and other showcases. Instead, all of those conversations were limited to a single, ongoing thread.

In a post last night, however, the forum's general manager said that "the mod team has decided to expand our prior ban on promotion for the Hogwarts game to include the game itself," with "no discussion of this game" allowed on the site.

After continued internal discussion, we began to start outlining the issues put forth by Rowling and the game in question and each time, and as we discussed it all, we kept coming back to the simple fact that Rowling is not only a bigot but is actively pushing, in her position as a wealthy and famous individual, for legislation that will hurt trans people. That she uses the influence and money gained from her success with Harry Potter to push transphobic legislation.

Therefore, the mod team has decided to expand our prior ban on promotion for the Hogwarts game to include the game itself. There will be no OT and no discussion of this game.

As a reminder, we do not allow for advocating or metacommentary on content ban decisions, which are decided by the mod team. Any that we see, whether for or against, will be met with threadbans at a minimum.

Can you fucking imagine

How far

we'd be up Amod Amod 's ass if they pulled that shit here.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Can you fucking imagine

How far

I would really prefer not to get an amateur colonoscopy.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Can you fucking imagine

How far

Bro we would probably be mass banned for calling LRL a total faggot about it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Seeing a lot of LOD pop in.
I just pre-ordered the mega-deluxe pack on Epic Game's store for $300. Comes with a vibrating wand and I chose the Luna Lovegood Pillow option.

• 10Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 13 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yea that was a lot of pop in stuff when flying.

I haven't followed this at all and I'm no Harry Potter nerd but I kinda want it due to the outrage.

PC or PS5? Got a 5900x with a RTX 3080 but I play the PS5 on the same monitor so I could go for either version.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I haven't followed this at all and I'm no Harry Potter nerd but I kinda want it due to the outrage.

PC or PS5? Got a 5900x with a RTX 3080 but I play the PS5 on the same monitor so I could go for either version.
PS5 version has exclusive stuff. Not sure if it is preorder only or whatever.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

PC for nudity mods.

• 8Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 13 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>

Can you fucking imagine

How far

What a bunch of faggots

• 4Like
  • 3Truth!
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Looks fun, assuming they don’t fall down the rabbit hole of having a bunch of repetitive AC type map litter as “content”. Definitely some pop in, but it’s not severe enough to really matter to me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Epic Games: Creates an incredible World Composition and LOD system to minimize LOD pop with a ton of documentation on how to do it properly and a network of other game devs to help

AAA Game Devs: fuck it, let the LOD pop like pop rocks

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Didn't Resetera get bought out for $20,000,000 or something ridiculous?

At least I know what number to hold out for 🤔

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users