Hogwarts Legacy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What are you some sort of fucking racist?
The reason I pointed out the races is that I was under the impression Hogwarts was basically the school for the UK. Doesn't make sense for it to be a diversity checklist. Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, Hogsmeade is super cool too. Not as cool as Hogwarts, but I'm chalking that up to having been to the Wizarding World at Universal. When you've been to what amounts to the place is real life, the game doesn't quite have the same awe.

And yeah, turned off HUD tracking. Have the minimap on, but I don't even look at it since it's not even remotely helpful in my opinion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As a Slytherin, I've been a dick to anyone I've had the opportunity to be so; didn't tell the one girl how to figure out the painting puzzle, and didn't give the gobblewhatevers back to the other girl.

Pretty easy to fall into the "Oh shiny!...Oh another shiny!" type of distractions trying to get from A to B.

Its odd that the asian npc's I've encountered don't have an accent, unlike everyone else.
Any good rewards for being a slytherdick so far?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
TL;DR in-universe kids get sorted based on what value they display or desire most.

Gryffindor = Bravery (could be "external" in the sense of being chivalrous/valiant or "internal" for being a turbo-activist like Hermione).
Ravenclaw = Wisdom
Slytherin = Ambition. "Nicer" Slytherins in the canon like Professor Slughorn tend to be blue bloods who nonetheless respect people with a lot of drive. Slughorn runs a invite-only group called the Slug Club which kind of operates like Skull and Bones or other secret societies at the Ivies. Get connections, ask for favors, that kind of thing. "Mean" Slytherins tend to be straw racists.
Hufflepuff is the one Rowling most vaguely defines, sometimes it's "loyalty", sometimes it's "diligence", sometimes it's a "junk drawer" for people who don't neatly fit into one of the other houses.
Son of a…

Im hufflepuff.

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 8 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The reason I pointed out the races is that I was under the impression Hogwarts was basically the school for the UK. Doesn't make sense for it to be a diversity checklist. Maybe I'm wrong?

Also, Hogsmeade is super cool too. Not as cool as Hogwarts, but I'm chalking that up to having been to the Wizarding World at Universal. When you've been to what amounts to the place is real life, the game doesn't quite have the same awe.

And yeah, turned off HUD tracking. Have the minimap on, but I don't even look at it since it's not even remotely helpful in my opinion.

Edit: Nvm thought this was setup only a few years before the movies not 200years back, leaving this up so people can make fun of me.

I mean yeah you'd be wrong, the UK has a ton of racial diversity like basically anywhere in western europe, and a lot are 3rd or more generation so they don't have accents. The UK had colonies all over the world, and for asians in particular you had Hong Kong and obviously all the south east asian stuff(India/Pakistan and so on). So yeah shouldn't be surprising. I think even in the movies they had an asian girl in there iirc?

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean yeah you'd be wrong, the UK has a ton of racial diversity like basically anywhere in western europe, and a lot are 3rd or more generation so they don't have accents. The UK had colonies all over the world, and for asians in particular you had Hong Kong and obviously all the south east asian stuff(India/Pakistan and so on). So yeah shouldn't be surprising. I think even in the movies they had an asian girl in there iirc?
Makes sense modern day not sure about 1800s though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn, my poor computer is showing its age with this one... Game looks great on the Xbox, though. I wonder if you get anything for petting all the cats...

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Goddamn, my poor computer is showing its age with this one... Game looks great on the Xbox, though. I wonder if you get anything for petting all the cats...
Pussy peruser achievement

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've been petting every cat I come across just in case. lol

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I think even in the movies they had an asian girl in there iirc?
1675823397197.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Restart the game once you get to Hogwarts. For some reason something is fucked in the transition and it makes the game stutter like crazy.

I was getting all kinds of drops to like 20-30fps, adjusting settings and nothing really worked. Restarted and it's running so much better (outside of door transitions).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
UK had been overrun by immigrants by the time the movie takes place. Wasn’t in 1800s.

Doesn’t really matter though. We all know everything is full speed ahead on diversity, it’s not going to go back to being historically accurate ever again.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
UK had been overrun by immigrants by the time the movie takes place. Wasn’t in 1800s.

Doesn’t really matter though. We all know everything is full speed ahead on diversity, it’s not going to go back to being historically accurate ever again.
And that's why I thought it was strange. The school isn't particularly diverse in the 90's or 2000's. But 100+ years before and suddenly it's 2023.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
And that's why I thought it was strange. The school isn't particularly diverse in the 90's or 2000's. But 100+ years before and suddenly it's 2023.
It’s just not strange, it’s forced. Media has decided it’s now going to be all diverse at all points in history and has been that way for years. They’re releasing a Mozart was a black boy this year ffs. Not really any point in pointing it out anymore, it’s just how it’s going to be from now on. Imagine in 100 years when we’re all dead…everyone will just think that’s how it really was.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a weezerd!

Just hanging out with my new friend. Pretty sure it's even a dude voice acting it.

Untitled.png

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a lot of cosmetic stuff in the game? Will eventually get this for my son and wife to play together. She loves the cosmetics.