Hogwarts Legacy

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Whoever posted about using the invisibility spell to open the eye chests I thank you but I also hate you because I just keep kicking myself because I did not figure that out on my own. So much so I had to make a post just for personal accountability.
It's okay retard. You're among other retards.

bro hug good job GIF by Swamp People

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
May want to try balanced as capped. Reading everywhere it makes a world of difference.I’m going to try it today when I bypass my receiver to gain HDMI 2.1 capabilities.
I’ll try this today as well. I read you want FPS capped at least on a VRR TV so this is an easy test. I thought I read balanced targets like 40 though, no idea if that’s true. This gen has made me a real snob for 60 fps. I have a great pc sure but unless it’s like, Warcraft, I’m buying games on a console these days.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I guess my gripe is that the characters fall pretty flat. The Ravenclaw NPCs being nerds is fine but they are all pretty boring characters. I didn't expect any miracles or anything amazing. But at least a little engaging. The Slytherin kid is interesting. I don't like the Nigerian princess at all and hate when she opens her stupid mouth. I don't care about your Oogabooga school.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I’ll try this today as well. I read you want FPS capped at least on a VRR TV so this is an easy test. I thought I read balanced targets like 40 though, no idea if that’s true. This gen has made me a real snob for 60 fps. I have a great pc sure but unless it’s like, Warcraft, I’m buying games on a console these days.

It took me longer to type that post than it did to try Balanced and turn that shit back to performance lol. I’ll try restarting game just for good measure and test again but definitely missed the fps immediately. Quality did jump up substantially.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whoever posted about using the invisibility spell to open the eye chests I thank you but I also hate you because I just keep kicking myself because I did not figure that out on my own. So much so I had to make a post just for personal accountability.
Same. I'm overloaded with money now. Up to 17k.

• 1Solidarity

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the settings. My x90h that was touted by Sony as “the ps5 tv” at release can’t do vrr without turning off local dimming. Sucks, but no vrr for me.
edit: and disabled extended dynamic range. Sony really dropped the ball with the x90h. They should offer refunds or upgrades to newer models since these features were advertised but then never came to fruition.

They didn’t even add VRR to my x90j until like Q3 or something last year. It was on the box of course.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Honestly if someone hadn’t of called out THIS IS THE FIRST TRANS CHARACTER IN HARRY POTTER I’d have just thought it was a butch Eastern European gal who smoked too much. It’s close enough I think tossing trans on Sirona is just easy and convenient.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It took me longer to type that post than it did to try Balanced and turn that shit back to performance lol. I’ll try restarting game just for good measure and test again but definitely missed a he fps immediately. Quality did jump up substantially.

Ok - Copy that.

I think What I'll test is to

1) Connect Directly to C1
2) Enable VRR on the system level on the PS5.
3) Enable VRR on the Set
4.5) Enable ALLM on PS5
4.7) Enable ALLM on the C1
5) Change to balanced/ frame locked in the game setting
6) Enable 3D audio for the C1 via the PS5
7) Double check C1 sound settings
8) Report back.

Just to make sure I capture everything that needs to be done to see what the true experience is like. I would guess some people miss enabling VRR at the system level of the PS5 and the C1.

• 1Solidarity

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Ok - Copy that.

I think What I'll test is to

1) Connect Directly to C1
2) Enable VRR on the system level on the PS5.
3) Enable VRR on the Set
4.5) Enable ALLM on PS5
4.7) Enable ALLM on the C1
5) Change to balanced/ frame locked in the game setting
6) Enable 3D audio for the C1 via the PS5
7) Double check C1 sound settings
8) Report back.

Just to make sure I capture everything that needs to be done to see what the true experience is like. I would guess some people miss enabling VRR at the system level of the PS5 and the C1.

So basically pc gaming. Messing with all that lol. I really feel like performance is at least 1440p or upscale. I can’t imagine it’s 1080p. Unless it’s a different 1080p because personally I think most games look like shit in 1080p.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'm going to guess and say that it's specific to the area. And I only say that because every single item I get anymore is trash. The only time I get an upgrade is the unidentified stuff, which is what seems like is randomized and level scaled.
See that's odd, I was doing a level 3 or 4 main quest and getting level 10 gear (I assume because I was level 10).

Fucker

Log Wizard
I don't like the Nigerian princess at all and hate when she opens her stupid mouth. I don't care about your Oogabooga school.
Thas rasis. Nappy natty is a compelling character!

• 1Worf

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
They didn’t even add VRR to my x90j until like Q3 or something last year. It was on the box of course.
Yeah, but at least you have it now. For us x90h users they “added” it as well, but it requires 2 of the major features to be disabled on the tv to do so, so it looks awful.

• 1Picard

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly if someone hadn’t of called out THIS IS THE FIRST TRANS CHARACTER IN HARRY POTTER I’d have just thought it was a butch Eastern European gal who smoked too much. It’s close enough I think tossing trans on Sirona is just easy and convenient.
You wouldn't know until a good way into the main story. That screenshot I posted was about 14 hours in (although I'm distracted like a motherfucker doing side shit).

I'm over 17 hours now and just got introduced to an entirely new set of features. It's one I'd been wondering about for a while as I started collecting shit and having stuff I didn't know what to do with.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You wouldn't know until a good way into the main story. That screenshot I posted was about 14 hours in (although I'm distracted like a motherfucker doing side shit).

I'm over 17 hours now and just got introduced to an entirely new set of features. It's one I'd been wondering about for a while as I started collecting shit and having stuff I didn't know what to do with.
There is a lot of shit going on. It's like every few hours something new opens up the game more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm on a PS5 playing on fidelity with everything on and gameplay is fine...
There is no way a PS5 is running on fidelity out in the open areas and being fine. To me fine would equal the performance of Ghost of Tsushima on a PS4 pro..butter smooth and not caring that it was 30fps. I'll check out fps capped fidelity and balanced, but not expecting much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Naaaaa, when you see Sir Woman and hear it talk, it is 100% apparent it's a He. Maybe I haven't been fully acclimated to those types, but that is not a woman, lol.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So basically pc gaming. Messing with all that lol. I really feel like performance is at least 1440p or upscale. I can’t imagine it’s 1080p. Unless it’s a different 1080p because personally I think most games look like shit in 1080p.
My C2 shows 120fps / vrr on, my receiver supports HDMI 2.1 as well, while on performance mode. Though the 120 fps is a lie, as it showed the same on fidelity and balanced (uncapped)... I think it's just showing the refresh rate.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
She is only there to imply that Africa is superior at magic, no other reason.

This shit has been pissing me off and my husbands apparently tired of me bitching about it.

If not using wands was a purely cultural fucking thing in Africa, but there is no downside to not using a wand, as she says, why the fuck doesn’t the REST OF THE ENTIRE WORLD adapt and do the same fucking thing? If there is no bonus to a wand, why fucking hamstring yourself to need a wand and make yourself vulnerable to disarmament, etc. where now you can’t cast.

The only fucking explanation for this shit is that Africans are just biologically superior Magic wielders which is fucking stupid.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users