Hogwarts Legacy

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
After a while the broom controls feel good.

My only issue with them is finesse when you're hovering. And I figured out it's because depending on where the camera is will reverse the controls, and not oriented to your character/broom.

The balloons definitely became harder with max upgrades. Seems like they're tuned for where they're located in the world, so if you miss some of the ones around Hogwarts/Hogsmeade and go with a max broom, you're way too fast.
Yeah the wonky reversing of the direction you’re turning based on look direction is stupid.
I don’t have a problem with getting from point a to point b - it’s when you try to be accurate where it feels awful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
You know, I just realized...no patronus. At all. Not for you, not mentioned by anyone else. Just absent completely.

Kind of disappointed. I remember before the game came out, a bunch of you trying to get the one you wanted on the fan site, which is then imported into the game. Guess it was just the wand though?
It will be part of the upcoming mini transaction patch.

$5 for 15 charges of Revelio.
$5 for vendor for Room of Requirement.
$29.99 for Patronus quest.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I 100% the game today. I’d say 9/10 if you’re a HP fan, 8/10 for the rest of us. It’s a solid game, but it suffers from leaning heavily on 2-3 core mechanics, leaving the core gameplay shallow and lacking in variety. It seems like they would’ve gotten there if they’d iterated more on the talents system (or potentially moved the talents-type-effects to gear, sets, etc).

Sadly I can’t actually get the platinum trophy until they fix the bug with collectible tracking (possibly only impacting PS5 deluxe edition?). Supposedly a patch is coming out Tuesday to address this.

This screenshot is from the PS App. In the PS interface it says I have 100/603.
746B79F5-B140-4466-9961-4B720AEB5FAE.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Beat it. Clocked 47 hours before I got bored and wrapped everything up.

Attachments

• urawizard.jpg
    urawizard.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Nexus mods keeps deleting the mod to make Sirona sound more feminine, lol.

Here's the voice actress for her.

I am 100% gunna mod any and all woke shit outta the game. Kinda laughing about nexus mods because I figured they wouldn't even allow mods at all for the game given their SJWness in the past.

Debating streaming the game after removing all the SJW characters. See if I end up on the banned list on twitch, LOL.

---

EDIT:

ROFL mods for this game are gunna beat mods for skyrim...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I really hope this leads to a Hogwarts MMO. I can 100% see myself logging in every day to make sure my Hippogryphs and Kneazles are all fed and pet.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really hope this leads to a Hogwarts MMO. I can 100% see myself logging in every day to make sure my Hippogryphs and Kneazles are all fed and pet.
I don't know why so many people want that. Imagine Hogwarts but with all these stutter-sprinting morons running about (like we all exactly do). It'd spoil the entire atmosphere they crafted.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What's the deal with Nexus mods these days anyway?
i don't know the specifics, but i believe nexus did something a bit ago where they started screwing over mod creators financially and so most of the creators in the community who were actually good left and started their own patreon. you still have modders here and there who don't consider themselves professionals and mod games for their own personal enjoyment, but they usually aren't that prolific and once they get bored of a game they stop updating their mods. the quality is also somewhat lacking, but again, most of them are just doing it for their own enjoyment.

i still use nexus here and there but it's definitely not what it used to be

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nexus has also recently started banning mods or modders who create stuff they don’t like. I forget all the examples, one recently was someone modded out a pride flag I think? It has basically just joined the woke train from what I can tell. I don’t really follow it so not sure how deep it actually is.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

i don't know the specifics, but i believe nexus did something a bit ago where they started screwing over mod creators financially and so most of the creators in the community who were actually good left and started their own patreon. you still have modders here and there who don't consider themselves professionals and mod games for their own personal enjoyment, but they usually aren't that prolific and once they get bored of a game they stop updating their mods. the quality is also somewhat lacking, but again, most of them are just doing it for their own enjoyment.

i still use nexus here and there but it's definitely not what it used to be
I think they were being assholes about letting modders remove their own mods off the site. "We own it now" or something like that. Arthmoor is a big Skyrim/Oblivion modder and I believe this is why he made his own mod site, but a few of his bigger mods are still on Nexus.

edit: yeah that was it. It had to do with the Nexus collections feature, which prevents modders from deleting their own mods, prevents them from opting out of a collection, and lowers traffic to their individual mod pages (that usually have donation links).

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Nexus has also recently started banning mods or modders who create stuff they don’t like. I forget all the examples, one recently was someone modded out a pride flag I think? It has basically just joined the woke train from what I can tell. I don’t really follow it so not sure how deep it actually is.
yeah, i feel like a lot of the community that left were apolitical and when they left it created this vacuum that was filled with a ton of blue hairs. i don't remember what game it was, but recently (past 6 months i want to say?) the mods kept deleting female nude mods but left all the male nude mods. some people were talking about it in the comments and they all got banned. it felt very "resetera" type mod nonsense.

I think they were being assholes about letting modders remove their own mods off the site. "We own it now" or something like that. Arthmoor is a big Skyrim/Oblivion modder and I believe this is why he made his own mod site, but a few of his bigger mods are still on Nexus.
i know a lot of modders will put up "lite" mods on nexus just to sort of advertise their own sites. "if you want the full mod, or the up-to-date mod, go to my patreon" or whatever

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've never been involved with any Nexus drama but from following the conversations in the Hogwarts Legacy modding Discord they seem very focused on trying to not piss off WB / WBI. So they are seeking to avoid controversery first and foremost more than pushing any kind of agenda. This, of course, would lead to them adhering to wokeness. I can't speak to any kind of funding though.

Modding is absolutely rife with drama in every game I've looked into the community of. So many modders do it for fun so there's no cohesion around making the best modding experience or maintaining a content pipeline that keeps people together. A dude will spend every free hour for months making a mod that the community adopts, then someone will piss him off and he'll take his ball and go home, totally abandoning the mod without providing any source code or permissions to anyone.

Hogwarts Legacy is going to be an absolute modding drama disaster because it's about 15-16 year olds. It doesn't help that one of the teachers, Miss Garlick, is an absolute smoke show from a personality / age POV (even if her face has the same frumpy Andromeda look as most other characters). All the mods that will sexualize her will be instantly applicable to the hordes of kids running around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hogwarts Legacy is going to be an absolute modding drama disaster because it's about 15-16 year olds.
Just to add to this, guarantee there's going to be a more popular underground modding scene than for basically any other singleplayer RPG. The thread on loverslab about Hogwarts Legacy is a den of degenerates.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why so many people want that. Imagine Hogwarts but with all these stutter-sprinting morons running about (like we all exactly do). It'd spoil the entire atmosphere they crafted.

Just to add to this, guarantee there's going to be a more popular underground modding scene than for basically any other singleplayer RPG. The thread on loverslab about Hogwarts Legacy is a den of degenerates.

FFXIV had the same issues, the game is over-run by the alphabet soup people. Mods are questionable at best on a good day and even worse with the lalafel race (the one that looks like a child...). It all got so bad that the game producer had to come out and be like "Hey, lets stop with the mods for the Lalafels" because degenerates were modding them into child-like or flat out children bodies so they could animate them for all the X rated sex mods.

Give it a few months and trannies and degenerates will be buying Hogwarts in droves when they find out you can mod any character to be some under-aged xe/xer you can mollest.

I've never been involved with any Nexus drama but from following the conversations in the Hogwarts Legacy modding Discord they seem very focused on trying to not piss off WB / WBI. So they are seeking to avoid controversery first and foremost more than pushing any kind of agenda. This, of course, would lead to them adhering to wokeness. I can't speak to any kind of funding though.

Nexus mods have always been woke though, they kill off any addons that fit the typical SJW talking points.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Thank you all for the insights and informations. I googled a bit (this is all over the news apparently Popular 'Skyrim' modder Arthmoor is leaving Nexus Mods) and it seems they no longer allow modders to delete their mods but deserve the right to censor or delete every mod. Also yes what you guys wrote, overwokeness and tranny culture took place like everywhere.

• 1Dislike