Hogwarts Legacy

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Definitely do not put 6x Herbology traits on your gear and take the talents for double cabbages and shield-breaking venom plants if you want there to be any challenge in the game whatsoever. Herbology in particular seems bugged, since it increases damage for all plants to a much greater degree than the ones like Fangs do to cabbages alone.

There still supposed to be a patch today? I got hit by the Biscuit quest bug too.
I just unlocked the room of requirements and blew my entire savings on potion herb stuff. like the concept of the room of requirements and weaponizing an underground hydroponics, but how much plants do you guy through and how much time do you spend farming all that shit when you could just confrigo everything?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You can setup your own assembly line of plant ammo pretty easily. I have way more stuff than I use.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just unlocked the room of requirements and blew my entire savings on potion herb stuff. like the concept of the room of requirements and weaponizing an underground hydroponics, but how much plants do you guy through and how much time do you spend farming all that shit when you could just confrigo everything?
Luckily this isn't a game where you need to spend a ton of time micromanaging it. You can basically plant a few things, brew a few potions, and be good for hours and hours. The yield is high and the cook times low.

The gear upgrades seem to take a lot longer, but by that time you really aren't upgrading gear as often, and honestly, the gear seems to make very little difference anyway.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2-4 cabbages can melt a troll, boss, foe, etc. in seconds and you can effectively carry 24 at a time. My main room setup is 3x2 big plants, 2x3 medium plants, and 1x5 small plants (plus 3 chopping tables, 3 fertilizer bins, 3 moonstone grinders, and 3 hoppers). Restocking isn't really an issue at all.

Definitely don't do it though, it completely ruins the game. I'm back to just putting on 6x Concentration III--which, unlike Herbology trait, actually does much less to all spells than the ones that are just for one thing. Still worth it though unless you only ever use like two damage spells ever (I believe the general one is 10% and the specific ones are 25%, so you could have 75% to two spells instead of 60% to all spells... definitely not worth it imo). Another trait worth considering is the Unforgivable one that increases damage to cursed enemies... haven't tested it fully myself but I've heard it's better than Concentration and spreading curses to all enemies isn't really hard and something you should always do anyway. Plus it increases all damage dealt, which should include things like thrown objects, basic attacks, ancient magic, etc. I finally got the level III upgrade for both of them so I figure I'll test them today.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BTW, if anyone wants to know which beasts to focus on, the three you need a shitload of are Jobberknoll, Mooncalf, and Kneazle. Stock 4 of each of those in your first vivarium and harvest frequently, then by the time you get the rest of the stuff unlocked you should have plenty of room for the others you need in much smaller quantities.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the level pacing way off in this game or is it something I’m doing wrong? I’ve tried to focus mostly on the main quest, even though my map shows tons of other stuff to do that I want to check out, because I thought someone had mentioned certain side quests bugging out and not giving rewards if you hadn’t unlocked X or Y feature in the main quest yet. Even so, I just unlocked my broom for example and the game is listing the quest level requirement as 6 or 8. I’m level 15. Is it even possible to be under level 6 when the broom quest is available? I guess it doesn’t matter much, but it’s just weird to put quest level requirements when I am so grossly over leveled without even doing anything extra.

Edit: and without too much spoiling, when can I safely take a break from the main quest line and go off exploring/completing side wiesta

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is the level pacing way off in this game or is it something I’m doing wrong? I’ve tried to focus mostly on the main quest, even though my map shows tons of other stuff to do that I want to check out, because I thought someone had mentioned certain side quests bugging out and not giving rewards if you hadn’t unlocked X or Y feature in the main quest yet. Even so, I just unlocked my broom for example and the game is listing the quest level requirement as 6 or 8. I’m level 15. Is it even possible to be under level 6 when the broom quest is available? I guess it doesn’t matter much, but it’s just weird to put quest level requirements when I am so grossly over leveled without even doing anything extra.
It's definitely wonky.

Most people finally unlock talents and have 15+ to spend. Features aren't unlocked until what feels like way later than they should.

Leveling 1-25 (maybe even 30) is super fast and then stalls out.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's definitely wonky.

Most people finally unlock talents and have 15+ to spend. Features aren't unlocked until what feels like way later than they should.

Leveling 1-25 (maybe even 30) is super fast and then stalls out.

yeah the talents were like that for me too. I finally unlocked them and had a lot of points to spend. Wasn’t like I put the quest off or anything either. I did it as soon as it popped up. Feels like talents should have been one of the quests you unlocked around level 4 so you’d start earning points and be able to spend them as you collected them instead of in one big lump.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah the talents were like that for me too. I finally unlocked them and had a lot of points to spend. Wasn’t like I put the quest off or anything either. I did it as soon as it popped up. Feels like talents should have been one of the quests you unlocked around level 4 so you’d start earning points and be able to spend them as you collected them instead of in one big lump.
I mentioned it a few days ago, after guessing it might happen, but you unlock a new "feature" (really kind of an alternative to existing features) in the next to last quest. It's one of those things that you basically never get to play with unless you decide to do it after you finish, or stop everything to mess around with.

It's entirely wasted and kind of baffling.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Especially when you are gaining spells tons faster and you have the 4th spell UI unlock in the midstream of core abilities. Doesn't give you much of a choice to blast that entire section in Core abilities with whatever you get just for the 4th quick slot. Especially when you add in feeding and petting your pets and shit, and also having one for the room of requirements to do stuff in there.

That should have never been locked behind a talent system to begin with.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
197-1676385098-69521382.png

• 10Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 14 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'm not sure how I feel about leveling. It's nice that you're never held back on the main quests (at least as far as I've progressed). Compare that to something like Witcher or Fallout where it'd be pretty hard to do main quests only without some side quests to level up. We are probably atypical Hogwarts players though with most of our heritage of old MMOs and games (and OCD autism) where it's natural for us to revelio every 5 feet. There's probably a ton of Potter fans that are new to the genre that don't do anything but follow the minimap dots and gold quest markers. I don't know that you actually get much xp from quests themselves so maybe they really are only 5 by the time talents unlock.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would just play however you like. See a shiny somewhere? Go get it. Want to run around exploring and killing stuff? Go for it. I'm at 50hrs now, lvl35 and have only done 3 trials. The main story and the Sebastian quest series are too similar, and generic/cliche. If you want to bring up some philosophical discussion about "the end justify the means".... do a better job. Maybe Rowling did a poor job of expressing why its bad to use the Unforgivable Curses, or the game writers are just ignoring it. I blow someone into bits with bombarda, or transform them into an exploding barrel... but using Avada Kedavra to kill something is worse? I guess...

The scene where Seb kind controls a goblin to kill itself so it wouldn't kill his sister, and then having his uncle bitch about using Imperioso pissed me. It was lame.

I do dislike the system to upgrade your unlocking spell... its pretty tedious.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would just play however you like. See a shiny somewhere? Go get it. Want to run around exploring and killing stuff? Go for it. I'm at 50hrs now, lvl35 and have only done 3 trials. The main story and the Sebastian quest series are too similar, and generic/cliche. If you want to bring up some philosophical discussion about "the end justify the means".... do a better job. Maybe Rowling did a poor job of expressing why its bad to use the Unforgivable Curses, or the game writers are just ignoring it. I blow someone into bits with bombarda, or transform them into an exploding barrel... but using Avada Kedavra to kill something is worse? I guess...

The scene where Seb kind controls a goblin to kill itself so it wouldn't kill his sister, and then having his uncle bitch about using Imperioso pissed me. It was lame.

I do dislike the system to upgrade your unlocking spell... its pretty tedious.
Yeah, lots of people have pointed that one out.

Burning someone, throwing an anvil into their face, turning them into an explosive barrel, launching them into someone else in an explosion killing them both...somehow better than just instantly killing them?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah, lots of people have pointed that one out.

Burning someone, throwing an anvil into their face, turning them into an explosive barrel, launching them into someone else in an explosion killing them both...somehow better than just instantly killing them?
Consider the three curses "hurty words" and it makes infinitely more sense.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I wander through the various Goblin dungeons, I can't help but wonder how cool it would be for these devs to make Mines of Moria and/or a LotR open world game in general.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
As I wander through the various Goblin dungeons, I can't help but wonder how cool it would be for these devs to make Mines of Moria and/or a LotR open world game in general.

Agreed. They really nailed the movie feels and a good game to boot.

Unfortunately, you are probably going to see a game but it will be pure shit. Embracer group recently purchased the LOTR gaming rights where they would most likely designate Deep Silver or Gearbox to fuck it all up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users