Home buying thread

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Hearing rumors from friends in the biz that this cycles peak has been reached and passed.

Anybody who says this is just being an idiot. Nobody knows this until some time after it happens. Anybody who claims to know it in advance and isn't a billionaire already because of their skills is lying to you.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Don't know about other places but in New York the market is on fire and shows no signs of stopping.

Vinen

God is dead
Don't know about other places but in New York the market is on fire and shows no signs of stopping.

Same with Boston Metro area inside of 128. If a house is on the market more than two weekends it means

A.) There is something seriously wrong with the house that is obvious.
B.) The price is too aggressive.

The house I am purchasing suffered from B. It was also very difficult to price due to many unique aspects of the house. We did manage to talk them down ~150K off the asking in the end.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Same with Boston Metro area inside of 128. If a house is on the market more than two weekends it means

A.) There is something seriously wrong with the house that is obvious.
B.) The price is too aggressive.

The house I am purchasing suffered from B. It was also very difficult to price due to many unique aspects of the house. We did manage to talk them down ~150K off the asking in the end.
The Chinese are buying up everything in sight here. And I don't mean just Manhattan. Every borough other than the Bronx. That place is being ravaged by slum lords buying up every piece of foreclosure, REO or short sale possible.

Vinen

God is dead
The Chinese are buying up everything in sight here. And I don't mean just Manhattan. Every borough other than the Bronx. That place is being ravaged by slum lords buying up every piece of foreclosure, REO or short sale possible.

No idea why this submitted. Stupid key combinations.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Now the hilarious part is...
At our current house when we moved in a guy who reported to my wife rented 2 houses down...
At the house we are purchasing a guy who reports to my wife rents 2 houses down...
100% unintentional.

OK I guess I get to be the one to break the news this time. Your wife is 100% into something shady. I'm not saying she's cheating or anything. But she's definitely a CIA spook or mafia crime boss or some shit. Maybe she was in witness protection when you met her. There are a limited number of reasons they would go to so much trouble to make sure an 'employee' lives so close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
OK I guess I get to be the one to break the news this time. Your wife is 100% into something shady. I'm not saying she's cheating or anything. But she's definitely a CIA spook or mafia crime boss or some shit. Maybe she was in witness protection when you met her. There are a limited number of reasons they would go to so much trouble to make sure an 'employee' lives so close.

Probably true. She is a Chinese Citizen.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Probably true. She is a Chinese Citizen.
Still? Is your half breed a full us citizen? Don't do any of that dual citizenship with China or some shit, until shes like 18.

When she/he visits family in china do it as only a 100% us citizen.

Also if/when either of you goto china, lock down that passport, don't EVER, lend it to a relative. Some places??? Have deals that if you bring in a us passport, you get a bike for 9k, instead of like 10k.

But you know they just be photocopying and some shady shit.

• 1Worf

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Still? Is your half breed a full us citizen? Don't do any of that dual citizenship with China or some shit, until shes like 18.

Also if/when either of you goto china, lock down that passport, don't EVER, lend it to a relative. Some places??? Have deals that if you bring in a us passport, you get a bike for 9k, instead of like 10k.

Da fuq?

Vinen

God is dead

I've been to China enough to know the ropes. She has property in China (Shanghai Pudong district) so its in our interest for her to hold onto her Citizenship.

Since my wife and her parents can't make up their mind on a Chinese name he will just have a US passport for a while. My understanding is he can only get "Travel Documents" for China which arn't quite a passport.

:shrug: Child born in the U. S. to a Chinese Parent

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've been to China enough to know the ropes. She has property in China (Shanghai Pudong district) so its in our interest for her to hold onto her Citizenship.

Since my wife and her parents can't make up their mind on a Chinese name he will just have a US passport for a while. My understanding is he can only get "Travel Documents" for China which arn't quite a passport.

:shrug: Child born in the U. S. to a Chinese Parent
What? How old dis kid? The minute your sperm hit her egg, the parents already had a Chinese name prepared for him.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
9 months old now. My wife and her parents don't see to eye to eye on this topic.
Her parents sound too china old school, best to keep them at arm's length and have limited interactions with them. Was your wedding horrible too? Did you fly to there to wed ?

Vinen

God is dead
Her parents sound too china old school, best to keep them at arm's length and have limited interactions with them. Was your wedding horrible too? Did you fly to there to wed ?

That won't be happening since they are moving in with us half the year starting mid next-year. Exact reason why we moved to a larger house. My wife needed more separation.

Vinen

God is dead
RIP neighborhood dogs.

My wife isn't Korean...

Our dog like my in-laws :shrug:

15698266_10154478864772655_1727329875071963866_n.jpg

• 1Worf

fris

Vyemm Raider
any advice on buying a new home and keeping your current (10 years left on mortgage) as a rental property? how much $$ should you have in reserve?

Vinen

God is dead
any advice on buying a new home and keeping your current (10 years left on mortgage) as a rental property? how much $$ should you have in reserve?

My uninformed opinion says don't do this unless you can afford both mortgages.