Home buying thread

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
naw, literally showing me homes like this
ISmel0lfk086pf1000000000.jpg

ISmuxo8pb2h3220000000000.jpg

and thats being generous

Jesus! Could you even find a fridge in "Harvest Gold" or "Avocado Green" to match that kitchen?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My realtor was absolutely amazing and went to bat for us on a lot and still stays in touch.

My previous realtor was a family friend and absolutely worthless.

Vinen

God is dead
The green retro looks pretty nice in person. We almost bought a house with that specific appliance. The kitchen has to be designed around these appliances to look good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The green retro looks pretty nice in person. We almost bought a house with that specific appliance. The kitchen has to be designed around these appliances to look good.
lol no, my mom STILL has a green retro fridge as a secondary fridge in the basement, it's just ugly.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Uhh what? A "buyer's agent" is a "conventional" realtor. Sounds like you got sold a bridge.

And meth testing? Shit bro where the hell do you live?
Colorado. Nice middle class neighborhood neighborhood only 12 years old. Brother in law on other sideof state buying a condo also had one concrete back practic positive.

Usually are already empty or foreclosed properties but based on past xp my guy advocated for it. My first house were bailed on was owned by state patrol guy who bought it as foreclosure and never tested.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, been a few days and my thoughts have been vacillating a lot. Buyer just did inspection yesterday and have until Tuesday to get objections to us. I am going to hard pass on anything other than the one I told them about at the beginning, need AC repaired, and even that is going to have a hard cap on it. If they don't like it I am gonna walk and just refinance. Kind of wish I had researched that before doing all this.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That failed spectacularly. Told my broker I wanted out and hard pass, and instead he offered to help the guy with the objections on the DL. I am going to be going over everything with a fine toothed comb from here on out before I sign anything, but it looks like I am moving after all. It will be the better option financially, by about $150 a month, but I really didn't want to move. Now that I know how the other side of this works I won't be selling again until I leave Denver.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That failed spectacularly. Told my broker I wanted out and hard pass, and instead he offered to help the guy with the objections on the DL. I am going to be going over everything with a fine toothed comb from here on out before I sign anything, but it looks like I am moving after all. It will be the better option financially, by about $150 a month, but I really didn't want to move. Now that I know how the other side of this works I won't be selling again until I leave Denver.
get a new realtor, bitch just wants commission

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
get a new realtor, bitch just wants commission

Yes. However, I am still obligated at this point because it's a contract I signed on for. It is what it is. Sellers have almost no way to back out once the initial offer is signed. I did look into it. I would have to be a monumental douche, and it would open me up to legal action from the buyer if I walk now.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I are looking into buying a home. I got out of the Army a couple months ago, sold my town house, and started a new career. My credit is 700ish (705 a couple days ago) and I have the full amount of VA Loan to use but I'm having trouble finding a lender because of my new career (Independent Insurance Adjusting). It's commission based. I work for a particular company that services other insurance carriers and I've been told by the lenders I've spoken to so far that I need 2 years of work history in my new career before I can buy. Can anyone direct me elsewhere or is this a process I'll just have to wait 2 years for?

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
VA loan underwriting is super strict and consistent across lenders. You're not going to be able to do it with the type of income you have at this point.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My wife and I are looking into buying a home. I got out of the Army a couple months ago, sold my town house, and started a new career. My credit is 700ish (705 a couple days ago) and I have the full amount of VA Loan to use but I'm having trouble finding a lender because of my new career (Independent Insurance Adjusting). It's commission based. I work for a particular company that services other insurance carriers and I've been told by the lenders I've spoken to so far that I need 2 years of work history in my new career before I can buy. Can anyone direct me elsewhere or is this a process I'll just have to wait 2 years for?
I was self employed bringing in a modest income when I first filed to get a VA home loan. They absolutely insisted on 2 years income. I was able to count my disability pay as income, but the financing was only good for about $110 or $115k.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Full steam ahead on the new home, talked them down about 30k to 735. Going with 30yr fixed, 20% down @ 4% - BofA wanted 22k in closing so fuck them, found a credit union that is coming in at 10. Keeping the first house, rent in the area should net 3500 or so. CA real estate market is currently bonkers.

Anyone have good suggetions on property insurance, revisiting our current policy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Full steam ahead on the new home, talked them down about 30k to 735. Going with 30yr fixed, 20% down @ 4% - BofA wanted 22k in closing so fuck them, found a credit union that is coming in at 10. Keeping the first house, rent in the area should net 3500 or so. CA real estate market is currently bonkers.

Anyone have good suggetions on property insurance, revisiting our current policy.
wtf rent for 3500??? good lord CA really is shit, but good for you, so that's cool.

did you just do a zillow search and see what rent is in the area?, you can also click on any home and see that it's off market and what "zillow estimate" on rent would be if you need like more data points.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yes. However, I am still obligated at this point because it's a contract I signed on for. It is what it is. Sellers have almost no way to back out once the initial offer is signed. I did look into it. I would have to be a monumental douche, and it would open me up to legal action from the buyer if I walk now.
Are you in one of the states where the brokers do everything and there are no lawyers involved? What a dumpster fire those things are. A lesson for anyone here, hire a fucking lawyer.

rad

Lord of Guk
wtf rent for 3500??? good lord CA really is shit, but good for you, so that's cool.

did you just do a zillow search and see what rent is in the area?, you can also click on any home and see that it's off market and what "zillow estimate" on rent would be if you need like more data points.

Yeah it's obscene, main reason we're purchasing. We originally picked up our first house @ 235, 7 years ago, it's now valued at over 500. The area is prime, walking distance to 10+ restaurants, brand new shopping center, theater and comedy club. Coupled with Military, Tech and Pharma offsetting costs for their employees, rent is sky high.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why not sell the house if it's increased that much in value? It would take you a LONG time to cover that kind of profit from renting it out AND you have to deal with having a tenant.