Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Lol I feel so ghetto now. I take my shepherd on the back patio, leash him to the fence and pull out the hose and shampoo. Being a GSD he doesn't get bathed but like once or twice a year though. He loves the hose in the summer.
I have two Boxer/Bull mixes.... One hates nothing more than a bath, and one will run around in the back yard for an hour anytime I turn on the sprinkler playing in it....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My dogs both hate getting hosed off even though they both love water. They're border collies so they stand there and take it because I told them to but they look super sad the whole time.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My dogs both hate getting hosed off even though they both love water. They're border collies so they stand there and take it because I told them to but they look super sad the whole time.
I leash mine because he just wants to play with the hose water and jump around trying to bite the stream. Makes the shampoo part impossible.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Today has been the most stressful day I've had in a long time.

Offers (highest/best) were due yesterday at 6pm. Been waiting all day.

I feel like the longer it drags on, the less likely we got it.

• 1Diamond Hands
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This is exactly why I'm accumulating capital right now in other places and waiting to get a second place until the bubble pops and valuations drop by a solid 40% or so.
sam. prices here have leveled out and started eking down. so not to worried about it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is exactly why I'm accumulating capital right now in other places and waiting to get a second place until the bubble pops and valuations drop by a solid 40% or so.
There's no highly speculative mortgage offerings out there like in 2008 though. What vector will cause the pop?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I could see bubble easily. Besides the big increases in urban areas it's starting to hit rural areas I guess. My parents live in the poorest state in the union 10 minutes from a town of 10,000 in a "subdision" of houses on 2.5 to 10 acres. They have 2.5 and bought it 10 years ago for $190,000. Large house but the closest thing you could get a job would be Baton Rouge 1.5 hours away or New Orleans 1.5 hours away. Nobody would get a job in Jackson, MS 1.5 hours away. It appraised at $315k and needs some serious updates.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Housing prices are a bubble for sure, but I don't know if there is a serious event that will cause them to rocket out of clown world back to reality. If anything, people will just stop fucking buying for clown world prices and they will come back down to reality. That may happen fast, or it may happen slowly, if I knew I would be shit posting from my own private island and not from the suburbs.

I was under the impression that the moratorium was more related to rentals and not owned properties, but I haven't followed it much. Have banks even come out and given any sort of indication as to how many mortgages they are still holding off on foreclosure because of this?

Of course the more I think about it, extended unemployment benefits ending could also contribute to this, but if you could have afforded a house on your job that pays less than the benefits, you can probably just get that job again given the fact that everyone is looking for help.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Friend of mine has maintained the housing bubble story for over 2 decades.

My shit is payed for, he is still renting.

With the amount of people that seems to be fleeing large cities, I don't see quality property decreasing in value in the US.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Friend of mine has maintained the housing bubble story for over 2 decades.

My shit is payed for, he is still renting.

With the amount of people that seems to be fleeing large cities, I don't see quality property decreasing in value in the US.
Its like stocks. the shit isnt going to crash when it pops, its just going to have a nice pullback before resuming the march upwards.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Its like stocks. the shit isnt going to crash when it pops, its just going to have a nice pullback before resuming the march upwards.

I don't think most people realize just how hard construction materials have risen in price, and what kind of inflation will follow.

Property is going to increase in price a lot over the coming 12 months.

That is disregarding enviromentalism, which has increased prices in Belgium, and will continue to do so through limiting where one can build more strictly year after year.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is certainly not the same as 2008. Housing prices in 2008 were driven by greedy bankers/investors throwing out lending practices that existed for a reason. Housing prices right now are up due to supply/demand and materials. We'll probably see a decrease in prices, but it will be a justified one, and not as drastic as 2008. And it'll be more regional as well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think most people realize just how hard construction materials have risen in price, and what kind of inflation will follow.

Property is going to increase in price a lot over the coming 12 months.

That is disregarding enviromentalism, which has increased prices in Belgium, and will continue to do so through limiting where one can build more strictly year after year.
That's a great point. Look at Europe where most people just can't afford to buy. If you didn't inherit it, good luck!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That's a great point. Look at Europe where most people just can't afford to buy. If you didn't inherit it, good luck!

Unsure if you are serious, but I really think in some ways Europe is a good way to predict what will happen to the US.

Dealing with a growing minority that is a burden on your society? We got decades of experience.

People fleeing large cities because they become absolute shitholes despite being of economical & political importance? Have you heard of Brussels?

And so on I guess.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
This is certainly not the same as 2008. Housing prices in 2008 were driven by greedy bankers/investors throwing out lending practices that existed for a reason. Housing prices right now are up due to supply/demand and materials. We'll probably see a decrease in prices, but it will be a justified one, and not as drastic as 2008. And it'll be more regional as well.
we can only pray that the same black ppl that somehow qualify to buy a nissan don't also qualify for a mortgage