Home buying thread

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
May have a problem with my new home approvals, looks like my neighbor may try to contest me because he thinks my home will ruin his view. It's just nuts to think that someone would try to control a property they don't own to preserve a view they don't own. And it's not egregious he is over 600ft away from me and over 50' higher in elevation.

if you get it plant the tallest growing tree's you can fit on the side facing his property

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
May have a problem with my new home approvals, looks like my neighbor may try to contest me because he thinks my home will ruin his view. It's just nuts to think that someone would try to control a property they don't own to preserve a view they don't own. And it's not egregious he is over 600ft away from me and over 50' higher in elevation.
People are dicks. It is written.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Sounds like you found someone to be a dick to. I had a neighbor who would play his saxophone on his deck at midnight...during the week. I asked him to stop so I could sleep, he didn't. I found out he slept during the day, so I took to setting off my car alarm while he was sleeping. Only took two days before he took his sax inside.

• 1Worf

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Are you 100% sure that you are on the right side of all local ordinances and state laws? Are you in a PUD with CC& Rs? Not saying you are doing anything wrong, but I would make 100% sure you are in the right before constructing anything. I have seen scenarios where people were granted permits and thought they were good to go only to find out they missed a local ordinance.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Are you 100% sure that you are on the right side of all local ordinances and state laws? Are you in a PUD with CC& Rs? Not saying you are doing anything wrong, but I would make 100% sure you are in the right before constructing anything. I have seen scenarios where people were granted permits and thought they were good to go only to find out they missed a local ordinance.
Yes, the issue is that I'm amending the subdivision plan. So the lot is agricultural zoning but we still have under the original plan a "limit of disturbance" for impervious area. I'm moving that line because the original location was pants on head retarded. While I'm only changing my lot , the lot was created as part of the subdivision plan that broke apart all these parcels. His strongest argument would be that he bought based upon how things were and that if he would not have bought had he known those lines would be moved.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
He is unlikely to have recourse but that doesn't mean he can't cause me delay. Right now the township is quite pleased with what I'm doing and has it set to fast track , just him making issue may cause time for them to want to further review and you can guess who pays for that review.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Sounds like an SF fag.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes, the issue is that I'm amending the subdivision plan. So the lot is agricultural zoning but we still have under the original plan a "limit of disturbance" for impervious area. I'm moving that line because the original location was pants on head retarded. While I'm only changing my lot , the lot was created as part of the subdivision plan that broke apart all these parcels. His strongest argument would be that he bought based upon how things were and that if he would not have bought had he known those lines would be moved.
Nothing worse than day 1 of a new house finding the neighbor is a dick. Hopefully you too can calmly work something out. If not, you can spend a lifetime tormenting the fuck.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Which from what I have experienced can be a very strong argument. If most of his lot value is tied up in a his view and he has legal ground to stand on you maybe in for a fight. If it goes to court it is likely to come down to your lawyers choice in expert witness, hope your lawyer picks the right one.

All that said I know you are smart dude that does his due diligence. All I am advising is that you double/triple check everything.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Which from what I have experienced can be a very strong argument. If most of his lot value is tied up in a his view and he has legal ground to stand on you maybe in for a fight. If it goes to court it is likely to come down to your lawyers choice in expert witness, hope your lawyer picks the right one.

All that said I know you are smart dude that does his due diligence. All I am advising is that you double/triple check everything.
It won't get to that because I will block his view with nature if necessary, which he couldn't stop. His "view" is my property. He owns 3 acres that is surrounded by my 20. We are also a right to farm state so farm related nuisance is not applicable in most cases. We have some of the strongest farmer protections in the country so I'll leave it your imagination as to how that can work against him.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Neighbors can fuck right off.

When I owned a house in Atlanta my underemployed lawyer downhill neighbor spent his free time sending me nastygrams about the threats posed by the trees on my side of the property line. Turns out he had not received arborist approval from his recent basement renovation and had excavated half the roots out from under my 80-100 ft oaks overhanging his house, threatening their integrity. I politely pointed out that each offense was a $10k fine from the county due to the heritage status of the trees (there were easily 5 of them involved), and if there were any further documented disagreement between us I would have to notify my homeowner's policy holder, who would no doubt speak to his insurer. Never heard a peep from him again.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Probably about 99.999% of the people on the planet.

For real. What are you going to do, not buy a house because the guy next door is a dick and likes the wrong sports team or something? You just live there and don't talk to them.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You joggers are weird.

I always meet the neighbors.

Makes sense is it's not built yet etc...

But yeah, damn people, go meet your neighbors.

• 1Solidarity

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
For real. What are you going to do, not buy a house because the guy next door is a dick and likes the wrong sports team or something? You just live there and don't talk to them.

Yeah, yeah I absolutely would pass on a house because of shitty neighbors.

"Just live there"

You are a microcosm of everything wrong with modern society.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
You joggers are weird.

I always meet the neighbors.

Makes sense is it's not built yet etc...

But yeah, damn people, go meet your neighbors.
This is how I am, I have met everyone else in the area. Some really great people, just had to be one. Everyone else who boarders my property has no issue with what we are doing. This guy really doesn't belong out in the country. This is serious conservative land, trump flags all over and yet I can tell this guy is a millennial liberal . Every contractor and neighbor I talk to out here wants to do nothing but talk about how much they want to hug some liberals. Like 5 boozecubes around me and this guy decides to plop himself down in the middle of it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users