Home buying thread

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
This is how I am, I have met everyone else in the area. Some really great people, just had to be one. Everyone else who boarders my property has no issue with what we are doing. This guy really doesn't belong out in the country. This is serious conservative land, trump flags all over and yet I can tell this guy is a millennial liberal . Every contractor and neighbor I talk to out here wants to do nothing but talk about how much they want to hug some liberals. Like 5 boozecubes around me and this guy decides to plop himself down in the middle of it.

Burn his house down

Fucker

Log Wizard
This is how I am, I have met everyone else in the area. Some really great people, just had to be one. Everyone else who boarders my property has no issue with what we are doing. This guy really doesn't belong out in the country. This is serious conservative land, trump flags all over and yet I can tell this guy is a millennial liberal . Every contractor and neighbor I talk to out here wants to do nothing but talk about how much they want to hug some liberals. Like 5 boozecubes around me and this guy decides to plop himself down in the middle of it.
Sounds like he's working himself up for some genuine misery.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Eh, maybe he will luck out and some charitable person in the neighborhood will start fucking his wife

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Yeah, yeah I absolutely would pass on a house because of shitty neighbors.

"Just live there"

You are a microcosm of everything wrong with modern society.

In a settled area you would have as many as five households touching your property. Do you knock on their doors and schedule an interview with all of them before putting down an offer? Park in front of their house to wait for them if they aren't home? Even if you did that, most people can put on a good enough face for 15 minutes not to throw up any red flags, and it isn't until months or years later when some perceived legitimiate conflict arises that you have the information to realize that they're unreasonable.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
In a settled area you would have as many as five households touching your property. Do you knock on their doors and schedule an interview with all of them before putting down an offer? Park in front of their house to wait for them if they aren't home? Even if you did that, most people can put on a good enough face for 15 minutes not to throw up any red flags, and it isn't until months or years later when some perceived legitimiate conflict arises that you have the information to realize that they're unreasonable.

You are socially inept, we get it.

Yes, I go door to fucking door prior to moving in.

Whoever I don't talk to then, I eventually go meet.

Yes, some BLM bullshit next door would make me walk on a house unless there was something in the situation that gives me a way to make their lives hell.

The fact people buy houses, which is usually a significant portion of their total assets, without meeting the humans that constitute their neighborhood is fucking astounding to me.

The guy across the street that moved in after I did, maybe six months ago, didn't come meet any of us. We all dislike him as a group. Never even met him. But yet everyone dislikes him. Maybe it won't matter. Maybe it will.

I like almost all my neighbors. And that was by design

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I won't claim to know a lot of people but you are the only person I have heard of in my life who does this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You are socially inept, we get it. Whoever I don't talk to then, I eventually go meet.

We all dislike him as a group. Never even met him. But yet everyone dislikes him. Maybe it won't matter. Maybe it will.
The point was specifically about meeting all the neighbors prior to attempting to buy the house. Obviously you socialize with everyone after moving in.

You are doing exactly what I suggested re: the one you don't like.

Fucker

Log Wizard
You are socially inept, we get it.

Yes, I go door to fucking door prior to moving in.

Whoever I don't talk to then, I eventually go meet.

Yes, some BLM bullshit next door would make me walk on a house unless there was something in the situation that gives me a way to make their lives hell.

The fact people buy houses, which is usually a significant portion of their total assets, without meeting the humans that constitute their neighborhood is fucking astounding to me.

The guy across the street that moved in after I did, maybe six months ago, didn't come meet any of us. We all dislike him as a group. Never even met him. But yet everyone dislikes him. Maybe it won't matter. Maybe it will.

I like almost all my neighbors. And that was by design
I talked to my neighbors a total of 5 times in 10 years. Living in the same area does not require social interaction.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The point was specifically about meeting all the neighbors prior to attempting to buy the house
Yes, I try to.

It's been pretty damn easy so far.

This is my third house?

Hell, I even did that when I was a stoned 19 yr old buying my first house.

Pretty sure I walked up holding a blunt in my hand...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting deep in the interview process for a job in Alabama. I'll be working remote from Austin but I got curious. A goal of mine is to have a nice country hideout with acreage in the next 5 years.

Hot damn son. Alabama is on my radar now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
May have a problem with my new home approvals, looks like my neighbor may try to contest me because he thinks my home will ruin his view. It's just nuts to think that someone would try to control a property they don't own to preserve a view they don't own. And it's not egregious he is over 600ft away from me and over 50' higher in elevation.
looks like it's time to throw launch some rotten fish at a certain neighbors roof

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I won't claim to know a lot of people but you are the only person I have heard of in my life who does this.

The only person who knows his neighbors? Or the only person that meets his neighbors before he buys a house? lol

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think we've knocked on doors, but when we've seen people outside on places we intended to offer on, we definitely chatted with them to get a feel for the neighborhood.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I sit in neighborhoods in my car at various hours check the people out. How they live, how they let their kids play etc. Iike seeing them act naturally before I buy.