Home buying thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
We're transitioning from a totally unreasonable market to a slightly less unreasonable market. $10k reductions on $150k increases aren't a transition.

I don't think we see a buyers market for another 2 years, bc lag.
We’re in the first inning, a crash is coming.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hope so, just for my own benefit. We sold our house in the Philly suburbs 6 years ago, and have been renting in Hawaii ever since. It's way too expensive to jump into this market. We've pretty much decided we're going to move to the Houston suburbs (like Friendswood) after school ends next year, so pretty much 1 year from now. If the market crashes, that'll help facilitate us purchasing a house after we move. Hell, maybe even before we move. Time will tell.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this looks like a badly placed 1/2 bath considering it's right across from an open kitchen, next to dining, like you couldn't make that into a storage closet?
92f9bce0f4cce66e46369d89e59cdbea.jpg

what is the purpose of that structure coming out from the top of the bathroom?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
this looks like a badly placed 1/2 bath considering it's right across from an open kitchen, next to dining, like you couldn't make that into a storage closet?
92f9bce0f4cce66e46369d89e59cdbea.jpg

And why is the coffee maker 30 feet from the sink? That whole counter island will be useless.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>

It's an open floor plan. The next room over where the stairs start is a living room space and the bathroom goes with it. Plus you can go for a quick shit when that morning coffee hits you from the kitchen table during breakfast.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's an open floor plan. The next room over where the stairs start is a living room space and the bathroom goes with it. Plus you can go for a quick shit when that morning coffee hits you from the kitchen table during breakfast.
its not an open floor plan cuz it looks like the same builder as my house and all the floor plans have 90s style separate dining/living/kitchen, heres the other side of the kitchen
f7190a93acd25833100d2a5b45872d3f.jpg

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I noticed an uptick in inventory.
Our inventory has doubled in the last 45 days. Still hilarious shit like 2400 sqft houses built in 86 with shit pool and amenities asking 1.3 mill having sold for 600 on June 2020.

Or garbage log cabin that's 1900 asking 1.1 mil.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Our inventory has doubled in the last 45 days. Still hilarious shit like 2400 sqft houses built in 86 with shit pool and amenities asking 1.3 mill having sold for 600 on June 2020.

Or garbage log cabin that's 1900 asking 1.1 mil.
inventory is so low in my area, tiny townhomes are selling for over 500k
7b9b340af458eeefe9d27af2c33a5a50.png

the school rankings are 9/10 so thats the only way they can ask so much for these mini homes

oh, and $200/m hoa, lulz

• 1Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
inventory is so low in my area, tiny townhomes are selling for over 500k
7b9b340af458eeefe9d27af2c33a5a50.png

the school rankings are 9/10 so thats the only way they can ask so much for these mini homes

oh, and $200/m hoa, lulz
I think I stayed in Franklin for a few days around 2018, 30ish minutes drive to downtown Nashville? Seemed like a nice town and proximity to a larger city is pretty much always desirable.
A place like that near me would be around 750k I’m guessing.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I noticed an uptick in inventory.
This spring, an RE developer on another forum pulled the plug on a project before he started it. He figured in very high cost of development and increase in mortgage rate and he would have lost money on every house he built. Other developers in the same area are shitting themselves because buyers are backing out and no new ones are walking in the door.

Construction workers who gave him the finger last year are knocking on his door with hat in hand looking for work.

All this in 60 days! Rich developer to broke in 90 days...and people wonder why no one is building starter homes anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Launch Fail

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This spring, an RE developer on another forum pulled the plug on a project before he started it. He figured in very high cost of development and increase in mortgage rate and he would have lost money on every house he built. Other developers in the same area are shitting themselves because buyers are backing out and no new ones are walking in the door.

Construction workers who gave him the finger last year are knocking on his door with hat in hand looking for work.

All this in 60 days! Rich developer to broke in 90 days...and people wonder why no one is building starter homes anymore.

Starter homes these days aren't 1200 sq ft brick ranches. They're 3000 sq ft mcmansions.

And therein lies the main problem.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The bathroom placement tells me they have water run in that area/wall. Could have a proper water line run to the coffee maker.
i don't know why they have that coffee maker it looks like a vp17 which normal ppl don't buy
n44236.jpg

but there is no waterline option for that model

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That house opendoor bought for 440k in May, originally listed for 480k in June is now listed for 410k.

l o l

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf