Home buying thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Exactly this. My day-to-day work is full remote, but in my industry, you don't get hired off of resumes; you only get hired off of recommendations. Gigs tend to last 6-8 months before I need a new one, so I have to keep up with sucking dick until I get to a place where I will get a steady stream of gigs to my inbox without needing to leave my house. (I'm just shy of three years in the industry.)
We should get you hooked up with our former member who was a writer in Hollywood. If only Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule hadn't banned him.

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Jesus Opendoor must have some truly retarded people working for it. They bought another house on my street 3 weeks ago for $445k and have already relisted for $425k.
If you are buying a house, target open door houses and low ball the fuck out of them they are going bankrupt and are taking it in the ass happily.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you are buying a house, target open door houses and low ball the fuck out of them they are going bankrupt and are taking it in the ass happily.
There was some reality tv show which was a clone of shark tank but for people selling their homes. One member of the "tank" was either the founder of Redfin or Opendoor (I forget which). That fucker would pay more than the other 3 sharks on nearly every house. When it got joked about he was like "we always make money on our houses".

ps.. the show sucked balls.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
There was some reality tv show which was a clone of shark tank but for people selling their homes. One member of the "tank" was either the founder of Redfin or Opendoor (I forget which). That fucker would pay more than the other 3 sharks on nearly every house. When it got joked about he was like "we always make money on our houses".

ps.. the show sucked balls.
Hah watched an episode of that, it was Redfin.

I had an offer from Redfin for the house I sold last November. They offered 775 but the market was starting to teeter and Zillow had just paused home buying so two weeks later when we got to the final contract they suddenly lowered their offer to 700. So maybe they are less retarded than open door.

house ultimately sold for 775 but had Redfin bought it they would have lost money. I am sure they need like a 10% profit to make money so would have needed to sell for like 850 which would have been impossible.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jesus Opendoor must have some truly retarded people working for it. They bought another house on my street 3 weeks ago for $445k and have already relisted for $425k.
opendoor reverse flipping?

maybe they trying to recoup the sale w/ fees?

Fucker

Log Wizard
LOL. Another pack of Zillows.

In other news, looked up where I moved out of last year. House in my former price range getting $100k discounts. Starter homes were up to $400k and now down to $300k.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL. Another pack of Zillows.

In other news, looked up where I moved out of last year. House in my former price range getting $100k discounts. Starter homes were up to $400k and now down to $300k.
All good things to those who wait.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>

These open door faggots just sent me a random letter in the mail offering $485k for my house. Should I sell it to these faggots and rebuy is back in a month at $400k sounds like a deal...

Or maybe we should regulate these faggot companies from even being allowed to buy residential properties at all.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Prices for starter homes suck everywhere just not as bad as Cali

Why does everyone think that starter homes are in the middle of well established, already costly suburbs? If you are looking for a starter home in North Dallas then you are already out to Melissa or Anna and commuting in. That's like looking for a 'starter home' in the Woodlands north of Houston.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
It should be equal to the COVID rise, but I'm going with 15% (should be 25%).
25% would be the worst housing decline in history. What do you see unemployment going to that causes this? 12% maybe higher?

When do you believe we hit the peak decline?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why does everyone think that starter homes are in the middle of well established, already costly suburbs? If you are looking for a starter home in North Dallas then you are already out to Melissa or Anna and commuting in. That's like looking for a 'starter home' in the Woodlands north of Houston.
Just buy in Melissa or Anna!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
25% would be the worst housing decline in history. What do you see unemployment going to that causes this? 12% maybe higher?

When do you believe we hit the peak decline?

That's why I said 15%; I don't think we need high unemployment to get this decline because the meteoric COVID rise had no basis outside low rates and those are gone. My house 'value' went up roughly 33% for no reason and now that rates have more than doubled the priced in my neighborhood are already down 5-8%. I see more of a drop as interest rates continue ro rise.

Fucker

Log Wizard
These open door faggots just sent me a random letter in the mail offering $485k for my house. Should I sell it to these faggots and rebuy is back in a month at $400k sounds like a deal...

Or maybe we should regulate these faggot companies from even being allowed to buy residential properties at all.
Sounds like they don't have any kind of investing strategy at all. Like Zillow, they are throwing money around and not caring what they are buying....zero standards at all.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Damn, I didn't realize the insanity had reached that far out. Those are all too big to be true starter homes; it is what the current generation has been conditioned on as a starter home.

In truth those prices say to me that Dallas and its suburbs are a terrible place to have a starter home and why I have said in this very thread that smaller towns should be where new families build their lives, not suburbs of giant metros.

And please spare me the "well that's where the JOBS are and where people want to LIVE." Well, then you will sacrifice the American Dream of home ownership for a reasonable price for the American Dream of home ownership that will cost you half your earning for 30+ years.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, I didn't realize the insanity had reached that far out. Those are all too big to be true starter homes; it is what the current generation has been conditioned on as a starter home.

In truth those prices say to me that Dallas and its suburbs are a terrible place to have a starter home and why I have said in this very thread that smaller towns should be where new families build their lives, not suburbs of giant metros.

And please spare me the "well that's where the JOBS are and where people want to LIVE." Well, then you will sacrifice the American Dream of home ownership for a reasonable price for the American Dream of home ownership that will cost you half your earning for 30+ years.
The Covid price run up has been fucking bonkers. I agree that a true starter home would be smaller, but no one is building those.

• 2Like