Home buying thread

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fuck you say, i hope to god it crashes and the near 100k I’m sitting on is enough to buy another house cash money. The housing market will recover, the people wanting the crash are the people with money and know it will recover.
So you envision a scenario where housing demand drops so precipitously that you can buy a house in your area for 100k cash, but the housing demand is high enough that you can rent out your current home? Lol

I’ll amend my statement to include the functionally retarded.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Can we add another category?

I'm sure there are parasites waiting to snatch up more real estate investments who hope it crashes. I'm sure there are people who thought real estate was some kind of god given guaranteed profit who don't want it to crash.

Maybe theres a third category too, homeowners whose homes have ""doubled in value"" who recognize that its an obvious bubble and the prices will obviously go back down at some point? My house didnt actually become a half million dollars. Its BS numbers on paper. Housing prices will go back down at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can we add another category?

I'm sure there are parasites waiting to snatch up more real estate investments who hope it crashes. I'm sure there are people who thought real estate was some kind of god given guaranteed profit who don't want it to crash.

Maybe theres a third category too, homeowners whose homes have ""doubled in value"" who recognize that its an obvious bubble and the prices will obviously go back down at some point? My house didnt actually become a half million dollars. Its BS numbers on paper. Housing prices will go back down at some point.
Go down? Sure. Reduce in price by 50% or more? No fucking way.

and it’s not that your home has doubled in value, the value has gone up and at at the same time the value of the dollar has gone down. We aren’t going to be able to unwind the economic impacts of Covid for a long time

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So you envision a scenario where housing demand drops so precipitously that you can buy a house in your area for 100k cash, but the housing demand is high enough that you can rent out your current home? Lol

I’ll amend my statement to include the functionally retarded.
It’s the long game you chromosome smuggling faggot, the prices will come back up you mongoloid.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That number seems high by a factor of 5, if not 10. I think you're thinking of the total number of illegal immigrants living here, not the annual flow.

Re-ruralization of the population is not happening. There's insufficient infrastructure, housing stock, anyone to build the housing, or employment for people living there.

"12 million illegal immigrants in the USA" has been the party line since the early 90s. It is absolutely much higher than that. 255k illegals were caught at the border last month alone. Just the ones caught.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ive said it before and I’ll say it again. Interest rates need to go back to those 1980’s interest rates and STAY there. Yea, yea. This is horrible in the short term. People wont be buying houses, much less will it cause the recession that we’re in to actually show its multiple heads to people.

People need to understand that if its 20% interest to buy a house - then a 250k dollar house over 30 years is something like 4200 hundred a month. The vast majority if the nation cannot afford that. Whats the average income, what, 58,000 a year? Even with double income, thats one hell of a payment for most people.

Under that premise - the market is going to bomb in value. Thats generally what most people are hoping for. 90,000 at 20% for 30 years is 1500 a month and thats way more palatable.

As long as the Biden Administration is pussy footing around with the IRS - we’re going to continue to be stuck in this situation.
this sounds like something a slum lord would say...

but no really this is probably the cold hard fact, b/c this would make renting reasonable again

when mortgage rates dip to all time lows, renters have thoughts "well why am i paying my landlords mortgage!!!"

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this sounds like something a slum lord would say...

but no really this is probably the cold hard fact, b/c this would make renting reasonable again

when mortgage rates dip to all time lows, renters have thoughts "well why am i paying my landlords mortgage!!!"
Ill wear my title with honor. Only took a day for you old fucks to visit this thread and read over all this nonsense.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
When we fantasize about 20%+ interest rates I suspect there is little to no consideration given to how that would affect sovereign debt. There is ~$7.6 trillion in US debt set to mature by end of 2023 that would be rolled over to this new 20% rate. The average maturity on the $33.5 trillion total debt is 72.3 months, so within 6 years the majority of the US debt would be at 20% interest.

It should be obvious that this is impossible unless a lot of debt disappears first. I don't see how the current debt load can handle even 5%+ interest long term. The only answer is a hard default (US doesn't pay its bills) or soft default (money printer go brr). Stomp your feet about us needing a new Volcker but its simply not possible anymore. Needed to be done years ago.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Or we could just require you to be a citizen and resident of that area to purchase property and confiscate all property from foreigners and investment firms.

Those two changes alone would be massive for real cost and affordability.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Or we could just require you to be a citizen and resident of that area to purchase property and confiscate all property from foreigners and investment firms.

well green card (no visas) or citizen, at least they are on the legal path to citizenship

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Investment firms = corporations = people

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can someone provide a cogent explanation as to how significant correction would still occur if the Fed relents and we start the money printer up for the next conflict?

I realize there's a lag on inflation and overall if buyers aren't found prices follow. It just seems like the fundamentals only support this if the Fed and the government continue to agree to not flood the money supply?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been about 6 weeks since we closed on the new place. Finally starting to get things settled and can enjoy a few minutes of relaxation.

20231015_194425.jpg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Almost anything where a commission is percentage based on the sales cost is bullshit.

Not sure what you mean.

They definitely would never favor clients who have a 700k budget over clients who have a 200k budget and certainly wouldn't succumb to greed induced favoritism.

They definitely also would never try to coerce clients into spending more than they were comfortable with for extra commission money.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not sure what you mean.

They definitely would never favor clients who have a 700k budget over clients who have a 200k budget and certainly wouldn't succumb to greed induced favoritism.

They definitely also would never try to coerce clients into spending more than they were comfortable with for extra commission money.
But who will send me a website link to find and book my own showings???

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
14:50(US) DOJ officials said to be considering case against realator fees - press - Source TradeTheNews.com

Yes please.
Almost anything where a commission is percentage based on the sales cost is bullshit.
my nj realtor 10years ago spent a bit of time w/ me, in the end i think she pocketed 200bucks (as a rental), she says she does rentals for the referral cuz she knows you'll eventually buy a house

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
my nj realtor 10years ago spent a bit of time w/ me, in the end i think she pocketed 200bucks (as a rental), she says she does rentals for the referral cuz she knows you'll eventually buy a house
I make more than that on low income houses when people move in. No way she only made $200. If she did, you turned on the ol’ Lanx charm and dicked her down - or shes just a moron. If I've learned anything from real estate, the women realtors are very likely to be fucking retards making money for some dude you never meet. Its legal pimping, as I feel like they really do fuck their clients from time to time.