Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a lot of holes on the template. I put tape over the template and drilled where i needed to very carefully the guest time so then there were holes in an identical place the next time so I couldn't pull a dirk and fuck it up absentmindedly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Werd thanks. The hardware at home depot is like $10 per bar. Can i find a better deal buying them on Amazon or is the quality shit?

Picasso3

I wouldn't be worried about quality. I looked all over the internet and ended up buying mine from lowes and paying about 3-4 bucks a piece for stainless steel 5 or 6" pulls and I was happy with that after looking into $10+ ones. If you have some wide drawers you have to make a command decision on when you'll go to two pulls on a drawer.

rrr_img_136383.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice I'll take a trip to Lowe's and see what they have. Home depots were pretty expensive. We're looking at about $400-500 in hardware at their prices

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If you search a long time online you can sometimes find great deals, but not consistently. Check out a Re-Store. Sometimes they have huge sets of hardware for dirt cheap..

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
As a land surveyor/civil engineer who does a lot of water/sewer/drainage design, a sch40 designation is always followed by pvc- used for drainage or force main sewers. Same as sdr35 pvc which is for sewerage. Copper pipe is type k copper for water/fire services, dicl/cldi is either cl52 or cl56 depending on city requirements.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That thing is super expensive for what looks like just a piece of fabric. I'm gonna have to cut some wood to attach our gate. Today he found out how to go up the stairs. He made it up one step, stood up, and fell off. Could've been much worse. Someone else was "watching" him

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Last year I put a vapor barrier and insulation in my crawl space and discovered a mouse lived there. Tracked it's entry hole and filled it with foam and covered that part of the wall with metal bug screen so he wouldn't chew another passage. Invader kept outside since.

I put some traps outside the house this spring just to keep them in check and holy shit. I've been catching 2-3 mice every week for the last two months. Didn't expect that. I feel like fucking Trump keeping the unwashed hordes at bay. On the up side, the 2 magpies and their 6 babies love me and my regular offering of meat.

In other news, the strainer of my kitchen sink gave out, as in it rusted out and broke clean off right above the slip nut. I guess even stainless steel turns to shit after 50 years. Ended up buying a new sink cuze trying to find a new strainer assembly for this old ass thing seemed like an epic quest I didn't have time for.

Picasso3

Just have to seal it in a few weeks and repaint some of the original brown. Thank jesus, back to basement.

Last edited:

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Deck looks good, quick question though, and I guess this is in general to folks with wooden decks...are you installing anti-slip on the treads? I ripped the wooden deck out of my garden as it was like a fucking ice rink when wet. If I pressure washed it I got a few months of it being fine then, after being rained on a bunch, back to broken hip central. Mine wasn't built by me and was made using those ribbed decking planks rather than planed timber though.

Picasso3

I've never had any problems with that but I have experienced what you're talking about on full shade park bridges etc. If it became a problem I would probably change out the risers to those premade treaded ones.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I feel like that's probably exactly what I'd end up with if I tried to DIY for any significant home improvement project.

Picasso3

Christ that's amazing. I want to know who built it. For electric in there I think mount a mattress spring on the wall hook it up to an extension cord from the house, then for what you want to turn on you throw the wire into the box spring, neutral to the junk car outside.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pictures like that is how people develop OCD.

Previous owners put up some shelving units that definitely not level or straight similar to how that shed looks. Bugs the shit out of me every time. Also, when spacing out studs(16 inches in my house) to mount a tv, I'm pretty sure they hung shelves in the main bedroom NOT on the studs. But we've got them fully loaded with clothes and such...they would have ripped out of the sheetrock by now, right?