Home Improvement

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
What's the best way to battle ants? I have used bait, applied diacatamus earth around the outside of the house, clean after every feeding and tried applied white vinegar over all the ant tails but these little fuckers keep coming back for more.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Zapatta Zapatta Should I seal my backsplash grout? Any recommendations on sealer? I used this for the job:

Products

I would, it's a porous material and can discolor unevenly over time. Especial from kitchen grease and hard water. I like sealers labeled for natural stone and tile. Miracle Sealants 16 oz. Seal and Enhance 1-Step Natural Stone Sealer and Color Enhancer-SE/EN PT SG H - The Home Depot Is expensive but good, floor I did in a rental still looks good at 8 years., sponge on, let sit ,wipe off.

If your counter top is corian or other man made solid surface, mask it off well, I have no clue what it would do to it.

Don't use 511 seal and enhance, use 511 Impregnator. Seal and enhance "enhances" the color of stone and grout, and will darken it. If after application it leaves a haze on the glass, re-apply to re-activate the sealer, and then with a dry cloth (t-shirt) wipe off any excess. I agree that you should mask off the countertop if it's an acrylic or acrylic polyester blend.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
2.25" hardwood is a killer. Just putting together and nailing 700 sq ft with a nailgun is going to take like 40 hours.

12x24 tiles were pretty nice, i still suck at grouting.

View attachment 94732

View attachment 94733

Grouting for a living is back breaking, watching pro setters do the splits while bending over for 8 hrs is painful to watch. Only thing worse is kicking carpet all day. I'd rather hand nail roof shingles for a living than work full time in either of those trades.

I remember the old days when the nailers for flooring weren't pneumatic.

Pretty much all flooring work sucks.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, I would kill to have a basement. No such things in muddy SoFlo.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's consolation for building on a hillside, you get a bonus story on the back of the house.
Only downside is your house starts falling down in 30 years.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I live in Florida. I'll be under water in 30 years and didn't even get a basement to enjoy.

Picasso3

So I want to put a deck out back but the space I want to fill is 30' x 50' and I think that is going to cost a fortune.

Red flag for embezzlement.

Nice Pavers 3 or 4 bucks a sq ft if you diy 6k, if it's not flat and you're hiring Americans to do it, yeah i would think 10 to 20k.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Red flag for embezzlement.

Nice Pavers 3 or 4 bucks a sq ft if you diy 6k, if it's not flat and you're hiring Americans to do it, yeah i would think 10 to 20k.
Not flat or I would just crete it up.

I would do the labor myself. I think just materials alone are going to be ridiculous.

Picasso3

Not flat or I would just crete it up.

I would do the labor myself. I think just materials alone are going to be ridiculous.

Mainly whatever pavers you like (if you need to drive on it they prob need to be pretty serious), crusher run and sand will be minimal assuming you have a gravel yard around. You may need to rent a mini excavator for a few days (~$500) if it needs serious leveling.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Mainly whatever pavers you like (if you need to drive on it they prob need to be pretty serious), crusher run and sand will be minimal assuming you have a gravel yard around. You may need to rent a mini excavator for a few days (~$500) if it needs serious leveling.
Oh I want to do wood.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
All final inspections on the kitchen passed. My blinds just came in, so that will be the finishing touch this weekend. Will post some final pics once it's done.

Next up, converting my office into a baby room. /wrists

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users