Home Improvement

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
P Picasso3 It's tough to make out on my phone, and remember I'm in MA, so a much tougher code than most states.

Where the 2" lav turns up, should definitely be a 2" long sweep and not a regular 90.

Is that a 4" wye with a 45 going to pickup some other fixtures or is that your toilet? If the former your toilet is not vented, if the latter then your 4x2 wye for the lav should have been rolled above centerline to vent the toilet.

That 4x3 TY on its side with a coupling then 3" long sweep 90 is illegal, has to be a wye and 45. If that is also the toilet, the toilet is not vented.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The 3" wye is the toilet, the 2" is the vent, the 1.5 is the sink.

I will know to roll the vent tee north if i have any methane explosions. Never knew the centerline deal, almost got an elbow with a vent outlet but it worked better this way for the cleanout

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, then that 1 1/2" 90 should be a long sweep. The 2" vent should be downstream from the toilet not upstream and it should be a wye rolled above centerline with a 45.

The vent protects the trap in the toilet from siphoning itself, has nothing to do with venting methane.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Just for future, the toilet is a full sized cleanout. The one you put in that crawl space is useless. Any drain cleaner will pull the toilet to snake your drain, rather than going under the house there.

Picasso3

They wont be able to clean the vent that will be stopped up because I plumbed it illegally from the toilet though

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Meh, water seeks its own level, so when the drain is backed up and then cleared, everything upstream will drain as well.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always wished we had a 3 car garage but there wasn't room in between houses to add one. We have a walk-out basement and last summer while hanging out in the backyard I started daydreaming about a way to maybe add one, and ran up a quick sketch of my idea in paint:

bj4OVYw.jpg

That was 6 months or so ago, last week we broke ground on the idea:
QS02GbX.jpg

JNa7dv7.jpg

MXAGK23.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's going to be like Cameron's dad's Ferrari garage in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Is that too old a reference for you?

Picasso3

Never heard of it.
Second floor garage sounds pretty sweet so long as you dont kick it off the jack stand while you're running it in reverse to take miles off the odometer after your mischievous best friend took it on a joy ride in Chicago as a last hurrah for a high school friendship.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's actually going to have a pneumatic system to store two cars in a vertical arrangement.

Picasso3

Butcherblock stained and polycrylic'd (which i suspect is shit) and corbels mounted for it to rest on, some additional brackets will be put in the back once i have it up and level. Wish I was gay right now because my wife is too pussy to carry half of the butcherblock and i really want to see it in place. I cut the block with 1/8th slop and since I'm the one that squared the walls I'm really interested to see how it turns out.

Got the light from barn light electric, a Florida company that makes porcelain enamel stuff like the good ole days and it's made in usa. It is about 1 inch off center because I didn't account for the cord coming out at an angle.

View attachment 99250
View attachment 99251

Last edited:

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The butcherblock is going in that nook as a table/shelf kind of deal? A bar?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Have you masturbated in that location first, to make sure it's a good spot for your computer?