Home Improvement

Vinen

God is dead
Glad Termites are rare around where I am. Can still get them but it's really only if you are stupid and stack up wood next to your house.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, started removing tiles and I know not ALL of them will be like this but this is fucking amazing:

1548279544253.png

Pray for me men of the internet.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So this happened today... lol.

I leaned back in my 10 year old computer chair and it didn’t stop leaning until I hit the ground. The chair is in otherwise good condition, but this part is all kinds of fucked. Think I can find this piece for cheaper than buying a new chair?

1B95915E-F55D-45C3-AE60-EB756625D3C4.jpeg

80FC2EBE-3C99-4E8C-8003-572D201A09DB.jpeg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

I leaned back in my 10 year old computer chair and it didn’t stop leaning until I hit the ground. The chair is in otherwise good condition, but this part is all kinds of fucked. Think I can find this piece for cheaper than buying a new chair?

View attachment 191025
View attachment 191026
just buy a new ergo chair heh, i just put together a nice enough ergochair for the wifes new workstation Computer Desk Office Chair, Ergonomic Executive Mesh Task Chair Lumbar Support for Office Chair with Flip-up Arms at $100 it's 80% how my old $600 feels now. heck the chair was the cheapest part, had to get two 27in monitors heh.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester

View attachment 191025
View attachment 191026
popped the weld it looks like. I've had chairs die that way. New chair time.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Probably not going to find a part for that thing. You can buy pretty nice chairs on amazon for under $200 though, just read the reviews.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 191025
View attachment 191026
Probably not going to find a part for that thing. You can buy pretty nice chairs on amazon for under $200 though, just read the reviews.

Costco is pretty good as well. They had a chair i was debating on but I grabbed an ElCheapO from amazon for like 40 dollars.

There was a chair from a hotel I was at that actually "Wowed" me a bit, instead of the typical mesh back that all these "Ergo" chairs have, it had a "Mesh" back of sorts but the "Mesh" was like 1/3 inch / 1/2 inch thick and it was rubber or plastic...

LOL sorry I'm being vague, I saw it once, tried to find the vendor and couldn't find it. I would buy it in a heart beat since the back was sturdy but also the padding felt like it was durable

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

random jump in- but ANYTHING to coushin knees kneeling is 100% worth it, kneepads that properly stay in place are worth the money

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Things were looking up lately. Fixed a bunch of shit around the house, money started getting put back into savings

Aaaaaaaand part of my roof blew off today. Thanks Massachusetts

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How is that not covered by homeowner's insurance? or do you just have an idiotically high deductible?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How is that not covered by homeowner's insurance? or do you just have an idiotically high deductible?
Of course, more the point that it happened during a major storm and I have the flu

Just a real pain in the dick

Deductible is only $1k thankfully

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Brightside: you'll have a new roof.

I was kinda hoping that the past hurricane would do damage (but not too much) to my roof so I could claim it instead of having to go entirely out of pocket. I'm glad it didn't... but... I was sort of thinking "it wouldn't be the worst thing".

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Won't find out til they come out. Aesthetically it's just some raised.and ripped off shingles but I'm assuming the worst. We got hit with 85mph winds here

Vinen

God is dead
Things were looking up lately. Fixed a bunch of shit around the house, money started getting put back into savings

Aaaaaaaand part of my roof blew off today. Thanks Massachusetts

OOF. That was a windy as fuck day. I had my contractor (not living in house right now) check for me after I saw your post. My roof didn't get damaged thankfully.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I took your guys' advice and just ordered another chair lol. 10 years is a pretty good run, so it's not that much heartburn to buy another.

The family buying my house asked me to repair or replace a single hung window with a blown seal (there's condensation between the panes). I tried to see if maybe the seal was just improperly seated, but I couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing out.

So what do you guys think? Should I hire someone to come install a new window? if I do get a new window, what's the likelihood that it'll match the rest of the windows? :emoji_grimacing:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I took your guys' advice and just ordered another chair lol. 10 years is a pretty good run, so it's not that much heartburn to buy another.

The family buying my house asked me to repair or replace a single hung window with a blown seal (there's condensation between the panes). I tried to see if maybe the seal was just improperly seated, but I couldn't figure out how to get the damn thing out.

So what do you guys think? Should I hire someone to come install a new window? if I do get a new window, what's the likelihood that it'll match the rest of the windows? :emoji_grimacing:
if they're saying that, they're expecting a new window

i mean is it just a basic vinyl window you can probably nab from home depot?