Home Improvement

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I kinda like a distorted patio. Something about it looks more natural, less regimented.

Obviously it sucks if you want to put furniture out there or if it causes water issues.

My patio is a giant slab of concrete though. So there's that.
It was more than simply distorted imo. Here’s the only picture I took before I pulled up the blocks. Putting my six year old to work on the pressure washer!

8133FCE4-DAD5-4715-9C70-87FA6161444B.jpeg

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's got a few bad spots in it. You can see two big humps. Re laying it and edging it is not amiss.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not sure whats worse the drainage on that Patio (pre-work) or the yard.
Bruh you’re cuttin me deep. The yard I left at the house I sold was immaculate. It was quite the struggle to not renovate this one as soon as I moved in, but I’m gonna go with cool season turf type tall fescue so it’d be a lot of effort for what would likely not survive the summer without two seasons of maturity. So I’m holding my nose and mowing the weeds and waiting until the fall to renovate.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd love to build a pergola in the next couple years. I have no issue doing the whole thing myself, but it would be nice to pay someone else to dig the holds and cement the posts for me. That's all.

What do you figure someone would charge for digging 4 to 6 holes, and dropping in a pole and cement for me?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The nice thing about doing the holes/posts yourself is that you can put the posts in, then frame up the top, get it all square, and THEN cement the posts in place. Lovely to work that way.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe a teenager you know would be a good avenue, can't see a contractor fucking with it for a reasonable price. Not saying they think super legally but you could build some dumb shit on their posts and then you could come back on them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd love to build a pergola in the next couple years. I have no issue doing the whole thing myself, but it would be nice to pay someone else to dig the holds and cement the posts for me. That's all.

What do you figure someone would charge for digging 4 to 6 holes, and dropping in a pole and cement for me?
i find my pergola worthless
ISyvegq11rrf2r0000000000.jpg

but my neighbors seem to like it (when i moved in, "oh yea the one with pergola in the back, is yours")

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's supposed to be a trellis.

One that small was intended for vines.

Morning glory smells nice, and will take the sun. It seems to prefer partial sun, but I've got vines exposed to full that do fine.

Roses, it your willing to nurture them for the years until they get established.

YOu could probably even grow grapes on that. Wouldn't though, your yard would be solid bird shit.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i find my pergola worthless
ISyvegq11rrf2r0000000000.jpg

but my neighbors seem to like it (when i moved in, "oh yea the one with pergola in the back, is yours")

prob be a good idea to put lateral braces in both directions, might give it a post a push in the direction parallel with you house and see how firm it is, surface mount posts are pretty tough to get solid.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
prob be a good idea to put lateral braces in both directions, might give it a post a push in the direction parallel with you house and see how firm it is, surface mount posts are pretty tough to get solid.
i've had some pretty horrible winds here, took down half my tree and some other neighbors got their trees yonked too, this thing still standing. i mean it's not like "solid" it does move if i lean on it.

winds are strong enough to blow that grill off the slab and down a few feet, it's just a basic grill, but it does have a propane tank weighin it down.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
i've had some pretty horrible winds here, took down half my tree and some other neighbors got their trees yonked too, this thing still standing. i mean it's not like "solid" it does move if i lean on it.

winds are strong enough to blow that grill off the slab and down a few feet, it's just a basic grill, but it does have a propane tank weighin it down.
wind aint that bad

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can't stop staring (...at how ugly that carpet is? LOL).

Why not pull that carpet out first?

possibly 2% NSFW.

it's hypnotizing

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user