Home Improvement

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If it’s just a matter of reconnecting, I’d argue that it’s worth the effort.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Someone needs to do this and report back:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That guy is dreaming if he thinks his deck is going to last 30 years.

• 1Worf

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Well, I’m not giving up my day job to become an arborist, but 4 out of 6 went exactly where I wanted 🤷‍♂️

6540613D-C04C-4E10-95F0-D2D861069956.jpeg

This one started to lean 180 degrees from my notch and I couldn’t find my wedge so I hammered in my axe to at least make it go diagonal and away from my fence.

E814DE40-4F53-4417-9A5D-E0A882F65D46.jpeg

As you can see, it wasn’t done fucking with me and decided to lean against the adjacent tree

1D5F9646-800B-49BC-B494-A8E71843621E.jpeg

Then a storm came through yesterday morning and shook it loose

4AADE5F3-09A7-462A-81FD-F67D2B6B9688.jpeg

And finally this fucker was rotten in the middle and heavy at the top so it fucked off and ignored my notch too (admittedly my notch was too shallow). The very top dinged the fence but it’s just chicken wire that now has a bit of a lean to it.

2BCCE70C-8525-440C-8FB6-BA0C33A67152.jpeg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
got a ryobi trimmer(using the same batteries) on the way, guess i'll get a blower too (to get away from the cord). The ryobi electric blowers were getting "ok" reviews, i guess if i want a super powered blower i'm also gonna have to get gas, thoughts?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
got a ryobi trimmer(using the same batteries) on the way, guess i'll get a blower too (to get away from the cord). The ryobi electric blowers were getting "ok" reviews, i guess if i want a super powered blower i'm also gonna have to get gas, thoughts?
I’m happy with my ryobi cordless electric blower. The 2 amp hour battery it comes with only gives you about twenty minutes of non-turbo blowing. So if you know you’ll need more than 20 minutes, I’d get a second battery, preferably 5 AH and keep the 2 as a back up. The turbo has comparable CFMs to mid-grade gas blowers but it sucks the battery dry in about 10 minutes on a fully charged 2AH battery.

As far as gas vs electric, it’s really a matter of convenience. Will you use the tools often enough to turn over your 50:1 mix? If you’ve already got the batteries and no need for contractor grade power equipment, I think modern battery tools are a good way to go.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I’m happy with my ryobi cordless electric blower. The 2 amp hour battery it comes with only gives you about twenty minutes of non-turbo blowing. So if you know you’ll need more than 20 minutes, I’d get a second battery, preferably 5 AH and keep the 2 as a back up. The turbo has comparable CFMs to mid-grade gas blowers but it sucks the battery dry in about 10 minutes on a fully charged 2AH battery.

As far as gas vs electric, it’s really a matter of convenience. Will you use the tools often enough to turn over your 50:1 mix? If you’ve already got the batteries and no need for contractor grade power equipment, I think modern battery tools are a good way to go.
forums has said if i go gas, i should just buy the can'd pre-mix 50:1 since it's also no ethanol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How difficult is taking a sliding glass door off to replace the wheels/lock? The lock fell in and down, so I gotta take the door off to get it.

Can it be done by 1 person or do I really want another?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How difficult is taking a sliding glass door off to replace the wheels/lock? The lock fell in and down, so I gotta take the door off to get it.

one guy, unless you can't hold a heavy 50lb window

i remember doing this to a cabin a few years ago, someone forgot to get the key to the rental, so somehow we slipped a wedge underneath the door flipped out the broom handle that was the surrogate for the lock, but that kinda fucked up the sliding door, so we had to take it apart and grease it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

It's not hard (usually) to take them off. Just uncscrew the guides (youtube that part), lift up and angle back. I'd have some help to move it around, the last one I messed with (was not vinyl but metal) was pretty heavy. My wife was able to help me just fine though. Once you have it out it's easy to replace the parts. Getting it back in and on track also took some finagling but I think all in all it was like a 2 hour project at a leisurely pace.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Battery powered tools are pretty much no compromise these days. I don't use a leaf blower but I looked into it for my aunt a while back and the 36V makita battery blower moved more CFMs than their backpack gas blower.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Battery powered tools are pretty much no compromise these days. I don't use a leaf blower but I looked into it for my aunt a while back and the 36V makita battery blower moved more CFMs than their backpack gas blower.

Yeah, but in the fall when I'm using my blower for hours at a time, a battery one just isn't going to cut it.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but in the fall when I'm using my blower for hours at a time, a battery one just isn't going to cut it.

Depends on how many batteries you have. Makita batteries charge in 30 minutes.

I use a battery powered trimmer and compared to gas it's so shitty, but at least I ain't buying fuel

Which one do you have? Are you sure it's not just a shitty one? I have a $99 Makita one and it's pretty shitty, but from the reviews this one goes head to head with gas trimmers and performs equally or even better and they said the batteries were only down 25% after 30 minutes so you could easily keep it going all day if you have a couple extra batteries on the charger.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My 18V ryobi string trimmer does a pretty good job. Plus it’s got a built in pea green color as a theft deterrent feature!

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My 18V ryobi string trimmer does a pretty good job. Plus it’s got a built in pea green color as a theft deterrent feature!
just decided to get a ryobi gas blower, more yellow green in my garage!

The ryobi 18v trimmer i got is the basic curved one w/ 1 stringhead, i can def tell it's a wimp compared to the corded dual head, but i'm just using it to edge my sidewalk, for that it's great.