Home Improvement

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
topeka is rather day laborer free, haven't seen any hangout at the hd or lowes.
It’s not *that* bad. Just pace yourself and set achievable goals. Don’t plan on doing the whole length in one day.

iannis

Musty Nester
But a mattock maybe if you don't have one.

And don't chop your foot off.

Digging trenches by hand... There's a reason we used to force centurions, slaves, and chinamen to do it. It is not pleasant work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It’s not *that* bad. Just pace yourself and set achievable goals. Don’t plan on doing the whole length in one day.
oh yea, i'm sure i could knock this out in a day with a shovel and hoe, just wanted options and tips

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Rent one:

Irrigation_Trench_Digger.jpg

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

This. It's nice to work smarter not harder but sometimes you just have to stop fucking around and dig until you're done digging.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jesus, some roots are as huge as tree limbs
IMG_20190424_161900.jpg

IMG_20190424_161913.jpg

recipe saw didn't make it on amazon shipping so i took my impact driver with a 1in spade, that ate through the wood real quick. i'm filling in the horizontal and digging out the veritical now, my pipe in is the blue flag.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
done, another downed fellow is my phone, whipping it out to turn on the sprinklers to check for stuff, i guess the charging port is all gunked up, tried to clean it, just ordered a new charging ribbon, should be an easy fix.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Built myself a gate. Never built anything like it in my life and only had a hammer and circular saw. Just need to mount it now.

gate.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Jesus, some roots are as huge as tree limbs
View attachment 204615
View attachment 204616

recipe saw didn't make it on amazon shipping so i took my impact driver with a 1in spade, that ate through the wood real quick. i'm filling in the horizontal and digging out the veritical now, my pipe in is the blue flag.

Sheeeet bro, that thing is nothing. You should see the fucking roots I had to slice through putting in my pool and patio. Ther is like a 100 yr old maple in my yard thatss about 6 ft dia and it had roots that were 8-10" dia. I went through so many sawzall blades it was nuts. I fianlly got out my chain saw and still went through like 3 sets of chains, because you know, chainsaw and dirt=dull in 5 seconds.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Built myself a gate. Never built anything like it in my life and only had a hammer and circular saw. Just need to mount it now.

View attachment 205269

You gonna have one of those eye hooks so you can use a wire/cable to hold up the far end a little? Might need one or some diaganols to keep it from sagging. Maybe not depending on how heavy it is.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You gonna have one of those eye hooks so you can use a wire/cable to hold up the far end a little? Might need one or some diaganols to keep it from sagging. Maybe not depending on how heavy it is.
Oh yeah Ill be putting in a diagonal brace on each piece, just got too dark and was getting hungry by the time I got them together. Also need to get a new saw blade to make some cleaner cuts for the pieces too.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sheeeet bro, that thing is nothing. You should see the fucking roots I had to slice through putting in my pool and patio. Ther is like a 100 yr old maple in my yard thatss about 6 ft dia and it had roots that were 8-10" dia. I went through so many sawzall blades it was nuts. I fianlly got out my chain saw and still went through like 3 sets of chains, because you know, chainsaw and dirt=dull in 5 seconds.
if i had to do anything like that again, i'd use the spade bit again, i'd probably get the largest they got (looks like 1 3/8) and have a drilling point so it'd catch the wood easier. oh and i'd use my impact wrench w/ this adapter
4692a56b1cc5e93b5426f0dc7da5c4ba.png

(that i just bought, just in case)

i mean the impact drill did wonders, every time i hit a clang, i'd just whip the drill out and drill out the roots in seconds.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Smart Watering is based on things like soil type, sun exposure, vegetation, slope, etc. These are parameters you input. I couldn't/didn't want to answer the questions so I just set the thing up like any other timer. I might revisit this feature.

Weather Sense just receives local weather info from the internet to adjust the watering. I don't know if it will use the Hunter sensor but I suspect it would. I would think using a rain sensor would be more accurate than the local weather report. I don't do either. I set delays manually if it rains or has rained.

I do get notifications.
update on b-hyve

so far it's pretty awesome, it's amazing in raising my sprinkler heads, no need to go back and forth, just initiate from app(yes i have used the flags to designate where my sprinklers are, but after you raise em, you have to recalibrate the spray pattern again, so way easier to do it from there)

also, i had 2 pits come running up my street and barking at me, i stared at em, if it was one, i woulda probably club'd it with the shovel i had, but it was two, so i turned on the sprinklers and they bitched out. (didn't think it'd actually work)

smart watering is pretty baller, just had to calibrate it once, you basically wait for a big rain and set the soil to 100% saturation, then along w/ local weather it'll calculate how much water you got left and water as necessary. my sprinklers haven't turned on in two weeks, cuz it's been raining for that long.

Still haven't reconnected the rain sensor, don't think i'll bother.

• 1Like