Home Improvement

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have a ryobi string trimmer and it works well enough for perimeter trimming, but it seems like it eats up string quickly. I actually have a 3 pack of the ryobi shit that all uses the same battery - the trimmer, a polesaw and a blower. At my last house I had 4 huge pine trees, so I would up buying a gas blower to keep the needles out of my driveway. Now I have no trees so the gas blower and polesaw just sit around.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mines black and decker. It's actually not bad, it does the job perfectly fine. But with a gas powered one I feel like you could cut through a tree

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's raining like everyday, when i get the blower i'm gonna give it the wet grass test. Currently the corded blower can't deal w/ wet grass.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
My electric blower can do most things the gas one can given enough time. The gas one gets shit moving quickly though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have an electric and a gas. The B&D electric is good for just quickly going around the house. The gas is nice for doing the larger/thicker grass along the road and along the edge of the property that butts up against woods. Just ordered some new batteries for the B&D, they finally died. Ordered some rebuilt ones for a fraction of the price thru Amazon. So far so good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm redoing my pantry shelves (i did pine, just replacing w/ cedar) and since it's cross cutting i get to use the miter saw i bought months ago.

holy shit this thing is fucking scary, the difference between this and the circ saw is amazing. guess i'll be getting that table saw later (after vacation, who knew 2 weeks in the dominican republic was gonna cost 10k all inclusive)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Watch some table saw safety videos before you fire it up. Specifically, learn about push blocks, kickback pawls, and how to cross cut safely. Table saws are probably the most dangerous tool you can have in a home shop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
guess i'll be getting that table saw later

Table saws are probably the most dangerous tool you can have in a home shop.

Yeah, do yourself a favor and google image search "table saw injuries" so that you're suitably scared. There are a few things not obvious to newbies that are critical for keeping your hands connected to your body.

DO NOT cheap out and buy an old saw without a riving knife, or one with a wobbly fence.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, do yourself a favor and google image search "table saw injuries" so that you're suitably scared. There are a few things not obvious to newbies that are critical for keeping your hands connected to your body.

DO NOT cheap out and buy an old saw without a riving knife, or one with a wobbly fence.
yea all the ones i'm looking at come w/ that black curved knife and i've been hopping around hd/lowes to check out the fences on em. (like a model i wanted to check out, the fence is usually missplaced or on the fucking floor, cuz you know, the fence is movable, some are just straight up gone)

Vinen

God is dead
Moving into my house next Friday.

Just ordered a 3K+ USD toilet so my wife can clean herself (actually. I want a glorious spray to clean by butt hole too. MMMMMMMMMM)

With that the next phase starts... Kitchen

Looking at the following

Wolf Double Oven
Wolf Steam Oven
Miele Dishwasher

(Fridge is the current Subzero and the Range is the current D.. something)

Fucking can't wait. Doubling the size of the Kitchen by taking down a wall + cabinets that waste wasting sooooo mcuh space.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Moving into my house next Friday.

Just ordered a 3K+ USD toilet so my wife can clean herself (actually. I want a glorious spray to clean by butt hole too. MMMMMMMMMM)

With that the next phase starts... Kitchen

Looking at the following

Wolf Double Oven
Wolf Steam Oven
Miele Dishwasher

(Fridge is the current Subzero and the Range is the current D.. something)

Fucking can't wait. Doubling the size of the Kitchen by taking down a wall + cabinets that waste wasting sooooo mcuh space.
get a bidet for the guest bath too. bitches that come over love it. (and no way am i opening up the masterbath for guests to stroll into)

Vinen

God is dead
get a bidet for the guest bath too. bitches that come over love it. (and no way am i opening up the masterbath for guests to stroll into)

We have only 3 bathrooms. other 2 don't have room for this.... cannot wait till next renovation where we remove the Chimney. Sooooooo much space gained in the basement, 1st and 2nd floor. The basement and 1st floor toilet are setup so close to the wall that we cannot get anything but the smallest of Tyens.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
yea all the ones i'm looking at come w/ that black curved knife and i've been hopping around hd/lowes to check out the fences on em. (like a model i wanted to check out, the fence is usually missplaced or on the fucking floor, cuz you know, the fence is movable, some are just straight up gone)
There are after market fences but I haven’t looked into them really. A cross cut sled seems really handy but I haven’t made one yet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We have only 3 bathrooms. other 2 don't have room for this.... cannot wait till next renovation where we remove the Chimney. Sooooooo much space gained in the basement, 1st and 2nd floor. The basement and 1st floor toilet are setup so close to the wall that we cannot get anything but the smallest of Tyens.
"Only 3 bathrooms"

Vinen

God is dead
"Only 3 bathrooms"

Let me be clear.

1/2 in basement
3/4 on first floor
full on second floor

For the size of my house (4000sqft, 5/6 bedroom) this is actually not enough. If this house was being built now there would be an additional bathroom on the 2nd floor and MAYBE one on the 3rd floor.

Also looks like we are just going to gut the kitchen and not keep anything. Time to spend 60 grand on Appliances.

Wolf Ovens, Subzero Fridge... mmmm

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
10k for fridge, 10k for dishwasher, 10k for microwave, 10k for hood, 10k for stove and 10k for oven.

I think you need another 10k for the refrigerated drawer to keep sprite in.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users