Home Improvement

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Everyone knows the most important feature in a truck is a good bench seat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As long as it can fit one of these

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
faucet doesn't want to spew out water, weird, come back later, faucet now doesn't turn off, whelp i'm guessing some o-ring is busted will goto menards tomorrow, lets see what amazons got.

holy shit.
AmazonBasics Waterfall Bathroom Faucet, Satin Nickel
62169cdba41ded103ef22ace4caf7804.png

27 bucks and it arrives tomorrow, wth amazon, saves me a trip to menards.

i already have plumbers putty (i made sure to get no glazing for marble type) for my kitchen sink a few weeks ago, but jeez, it was working just fine and now fucking gremlins.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
whelp i hit a snag, the faucet holes are too small, went and nabbed some more diamond saw holes.

i've previously drilled one hole through granite for a faucet for the ro water, so shouldn't be any issue for me, i'll just take it slow and maybe make a jig to make sure i'm straight since this is a big hole.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
whelp i hit a snag, the faucet holes are too small, went and nabbed some more diamond saw holes.

i've previously drilled one hole through granite for a faucet for the ro water, so shouldn't be any issue for me, i'll just take it slow and maybe make a jig to make sure i'm straight since this is a big hole.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Friday night I finally finished my stump project behind my driveway. I burned out most of it then used a reciprocating saw and high lift jack to get out the more manageable sized pieces. Feels pretty good having the hole filled in and not having to worry about dodging a tree/stump/hole every time I pull in and back out of my driveway.

69C03D0F-B413-4951-AE1B-BD66A59ED845.jpeg

Siliconemelons

Okay my friends and fellow goobers

My house has "aggressive" stucco for its outside finish or whatever...

other than just putting some new paint on it... what options do I have? It would be very difficult to even put a bottom section of brick or stone as the stucco pattern is so thick there is no leveling.

do I somehow...sand my entire house down?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
do I somehow...sand my entire house down?

Sand down to what? Stucco is applied over a wire lath. There's nothing to sand down to unless you were going to remove everything and strip your house to the plywood sheathing.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Not that much, just like maybe all the lumpy parts to create a smoother texture - and its a cinder block house not wood.

From reading some places the options are mostly to do a coat over it, pressure wash the hell out of it, maybe with paint stripper - then apply liberal amounts of bonding agent and use bonding agent infused stucco to re texture the entire house.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone got good recommendations for corner mounting a tv (55 now, 65+ soon)? I looked at monoprice. Seems the way to go. My concerns are my various devices. PS4, Wii, switch, network hub plus raspberry pi

What's my best way to deal with this? Wall mount behind the TV? Can I mount this stuff on the TV mount?

What's the best way to get wires from the floor up? It would just be a single power cable and Ethernet cable. Is there some sort of kit I can get where I can drill two holes in the wall and run my cables through?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You can always fish wires through the wall, it's not that hard. However, it does make it hard if the wires ever fail. I've had two hdmi cables fail recently. You might consider getting a wall mount cable track, something like this:

3/4 in Surface Mount Cable Raceway, Straight 6 foot, White

That keeps things looking tidy, and makes adding/replacing cables easy. You can paint most of that stuff the same colour as the walls, so it is very non-intrusive visually. It also makes it possible to group your devices wherever you want and get your cables to the TV. You could also open the wall, install a conduit, and fix your drywall.

If you google search for corner mount with shelves, there are some pretty slick looking units out there.

avf-tv-wall-mounts-zsl5502-a-64_1000.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone got good recommendations for corner mounting a tv (55 now, 65+ soon)? I looked at monoprice. Seems the way to go. My concerns are my various devices. PS4, Wii, switch, network hub plus raspberry pi

What's my best way to deal with this? Wall mount behind the TV? Can I mount this stuff on the TV mount?

What's the best way to get wires from the floor up? It would just be a single power cable and Ethernet cable. Is there some sort of kit I can get where I can drill two holes in the wall and run my cables through?
you gotta get something like this
Datacomm Electronics 50-3323-WH-KIT Flat Panel TV Cable Organizer Kit with Power Solution - White
9ca7bae13b1b8272f6e0216920487076.png

you can't have high voltage wires behind the walls (power cords, etc) so you need to have a romex cable go up.

if you're lucky you could possibly just open a hole on top and you get a clear straight drop to the bottom

or you might have insulation in the way

or depending on how old/new your house is, you might encounter a fireblock, which i guess is just a horizontal piece of wood to keep the fire from spreading up too fast
you'll need one of these to drill thru Eagle Tool ESP75054 Flex Shank Installer Drill Bit, Screw Point, 3/4-Inch by 54-Inch, Made in the USA (i nabbed one to drill from floor to ceiling 1st to basement)

if you need to fish some wire through insulation, i found these easier to work with than fishtape Wire Noodler: Most Complete Wire and Cable Pulling Fish Tape Kit. 8 Attachments Including Flexible Nylon Rod, Chain Noodle, LED Light, Magnet, Various Hooks, and Carrying Case (11') (i used that to install my security system)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe it's better to just use the raceway. But I hate them. Ah we will see
if you're not up against a wall w/ insulation and no fireblock, it's pretty easy. but if you do have insulation, you gotta use those noodle rods (lulz) to shove it down and make a path.

Vinen

God is dead
Anyone have recommendations for TV mounts. Would like some that extend 2 feet or so. Going to mount TVs in 3 rooms we think (Master, Guest Bedroom (inlaws... / asian), Kitchen)