Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone have recommendations for TV mounts. Would like some that extend 2 feet or so. Going to mount TVs in 3 rooms we think (Master, Guest Bedroom (inlaws... / asian), Kitchen)
i'd recommend the ones with the gas pneumatic arms because of those asian in-laws, they'll be annoying and want you to adjust shit 1in to the left or up 2inches and you can't do that w/ just the basic swing out arms,

this is the extension arm NB North Bayou TV Monitor Wall Mount Bracket Full Motion Articulating Swivel Mount for 30-40 Inch Flat Screen TV with Gas Spring

i have the one w/o the extension, works great

Vinen

God is dead
i'd recommend the ones with the gas pneumatic arms because of those asian in-laws, they'll be annoying and want you to adjust shit 1in to the left or up 2inches and you can't do that w/ just the basic swing out arms,

this is the extension arm NB North Bayou TV Monitor Wall Mount Bracket Full Motion Articulating Swivel Mount for 30-40 Inch Flat Screen TV with Gas Spring

i have the one w/o the extension, works great

What I was thinking. Just not sure what Brands are good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What I was thinking. Just not sure what Brands are good.
i've used that brand, it's pneumatic arm is better than my ergotrons costing 5x more

what i like is you can really tighten and lock the position w/ the hex nut, couldn't really do that w/ the ergotron,

i mean what size and how heavy is your tv? most tvs now are light as shit anyway.

Vinen

God is dead
i've used that brand, it's pneumatic arm is better than my ergotrons costing 5x more

what i like is you can really tighten and lock the position w/ the hex nut, couldn't really do that w/ the ergotron,

i mean what size and how heavy is your tv? most tvs now are light as shit anyway.

TV needs to be purchased. We are going to do a full refresh. Ours are all 5+ years old so I figure we can get something super light.
I figured you were just linking a type before. Will look into that brand. Seems to have good rating.

Probably get 3x 42inch TVs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
TV needs to be purchased. We are going to do a full refresh. Ours are all 5+ years old so I figure we can get something super light.
I figured you were just linking a type before. Will look into that brand. Seems to have good rating.

Probably get 3x 42inch TVs.
thats the brand i have for my monitors and tvs atm, i have like 6 of em and really want to replace my old ergotrons, ha.

i also have one that i used to mount a 19x15 make up mirror for the wife, she loves that you can position it w/ mm accuracy. I had to reinforce the back w/ a few blocks of wood to give it "heft" so the pneumatic arm could react to it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
faucet doesn't want to spew out water, weird, come back later, faucet now doesn't turn off, whelp i'm guessing some o-ring is busted will goto menards tomorrow, lets see what amazons got.

holy shit.
AmazonBasics Waterfall Bathroom Faucet, Satin Nickel
62169cdba41ded103ef22ace4caf7804.png

27 bucks and it arrives tomorrow, wth amazon, saves me a trip to menards.

i already have plumbers putty (i made sure to get no glazing for marble type) for my kitchen sink a few weeks ago, but jeez, it was working just fine and now fucking gremlins.
forgot to mention it comes w/ a popup drain, these types of drains already cost 15bucks alone. (i installed the drain and testing for leaks, waiting on the new, new drills to come tonite, the last set went from 30mm to 40mm and it seems i need the goldilocks 35mm, and i'm not gonna drill a hole that is larger for no reason)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I need to clean my Mitsubishi heat pump/ac heads. Any HVAC guys? The one upstairs is spewing black shit which I guess is just wet dust. But it looks awful.

I saw some YouTube videos of someone getting a kit to clean them but should I hire an HVAC guy?

iannis

Musty Nester
I'd go with "hire a guy".

Mine used to spew black dust sometimes, it was a part that needed to be replaced. So said the dude, i'm almost positive he was fibbing. But...

It's not great and it'll cost more than it should but he'll take the opportunity to service the thing and do any niggling repair that he can get away with. Which at least you know it's been serviced recently and if it fucks up again within a few months you can call him and bitch at him.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'd go with "hire a guy".

Mine used to spew black dust sometimes, it was a part that needed to be replaced. So said the dude, i'm almost positive he was fibbing. But...

It's not great and it'll cost more than it should but he'll take the opportunity to service the thing and do any niggling repair that he can get away with. Which at least you know it's been serviced recently and if it fucks up again within a few months you can call him and bitch at him.

This could be a post about your AC or your dating life.

However, I'm a do everything myself kind of guy, but when my AC does shit like you're describing, I'd probably get a pro to come deal with it.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I need to clean my Mitsubishi heat pump/ac heads. Any HVAC guys? The one upstairs is spewing black shit which I guess is just wet dust. But it looks awful.

I saw some YouTube videos of someone getting a kit to clean them but should I hire an HVAC guy?

Frost king coil cleaner to get you started

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Does it really have "amazon basics" stamped on the base there?
yes, and unless you're 7-12, you won't see it

or a midget

note, as i was installing, i was kneeling and look at it eye level and turned on the water..., kinda full water pressure, i feel violated.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My brother in law is our AC guy but because he doesn't properly bill us I feel he cuts corners. But how to do this without offending him

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

black shit like... in the room? or is it being spewed on the outside unit?

either way sounds like machines AIDS do not want.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My brother in law is our AC guy but because he doesn't properly bill us I feel he cuts corners. But how to do this without offending him
give him half a steak and when he asks why he gets such a petite steak, tell him he gets the other half when his help stops being half assed

i mean you already have father steak problems, go spread the joy

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Google mr slim filter cleaning. Needing to clean the inside coil shouldn't happen unless you run it without a filter. Your filter is prob so clogged your coil is freezing/condensing thus moisture problems.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Google mr slim filter cleaning. Needing to clean the inside coil shouldn't happen unless you run it without a filter. Your filter is prob so clogged your coil is freezing/condensing thus moisture problems.
Negative, I clean the filters every month. I don't know how so much dust got into it. I had a clogged filter downstairs (BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT) and I saw the effects of that. And I got yelled at for that one...

Picasso3

I started out with the makita sp6000j1 kit and haven't really been impressed, wouldn't hesitate to give one of those a try if you don't need to plunge a lot. Kreg is good stuff in my experience.

Picasso3

Negative, I clean the filters every month. I don't know how so much dust got into it. I had a clogged filter downstairs (BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT) and I saw the effects of that. And I got yelled at for that one...

Damn

Hmmm, could be drain? The mini split systems usually have a small tube that goes through the wall to the to drain condensation from the inside unit. Maybe your wife covered the outlet with mail?

Regarding calling hvac guy i look at it in two tiers on whether it involves refrigerant work or not. Anything with refrigerant, i'm out. If you're getting good airflow and you can see the coil frosting still it's an indicator of low refrigerant.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user