Home Improvement

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
It's not good news for all the OSB. When it gets wet it tends to turn into cornflakes. Get the contractor's business card, register a complaint with Lowes, and if there are any issues within a year go after them because they left it like this. Honestly, they could have put the roofing clad on in such a short amount of time and had no issues. Fucking lazy. I don't care if it's raining, get that shit done.

So it may be just fine, depending on how much water was absorbed and the quality of the OSB. It might start to deteriorate in a few weeks. My guess is the former. But call the contractor roughly every 45 minutes during business hours asking when they will be back. I'm not kidding.

Nice enough shed, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
plywood can take the rain. It's that insulation board that you'd really prefer doesn't get rained on. That shit turns to mush. Even cheap ass plywood weathers pretty well.

But yes, it's lazy and he honestly shouldn't have left it like that. He really really could have just tossed a tarp on it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't care when he shows up. Lowe's will be replacing it or otherwise making it right when. I'm done.

I just want to make sure I know what the issues here are

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a double lot, so my yard is adjacent to two neighbors on that side. Each has a shed. Yes that's poison ivy rock

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Getting rained on once isn't going to hurt your OSB. It's not good for it to be out in the weather long term, but one rain isn't going to hurt it. If it was MDF I might be worried but OSB will be fine. My neighbor has had exposed OSB on the end of his shed for like 10 years and it looks shitty but it's still intact. I'd say it's kind of unprofessional of them to leave it uncovered but I don't think it will cause any problems long term.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Play ignorant, and bitch up a storm. Ream their ass so hard they wish they were gay in prison!!!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wish we could just put up a shed like that, but we are required to have a rat wall 2 ft down in our city. Would of been a nice project to build our own with my kid, (hes in Voc Ed for construction right now) also I want to try out the 2 baller ass framing nailers I got from my wifes dad that passed away a few years ago.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
2x 4x4 posts laid down for support? The support them in the middle? Dig down any?
So that also confused me. The floor is actually a reinforced floor, not the standard couple pieces of plywood. But when I was planning on building the shed myself I was going to put down 12 levelling blocks for the base. Lowe's TOLD US to our FACES that's what this guy would do. I confirmed because if he was t, I was going to. It's literally 2 2x4s holding the shed up. If there's something in the middle I can't see it.

It's not what we wanted or what we were told we were getting.

I'm just going to contact Lowe's when this is up. Nothing looks good.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There may even be mandated foundation requirements in your area, sometimes municipalities will have their ordinance etc online. That's the best way to embarrass them, there's no defense.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So that also confused me. The floor is actually a reinforced floor, not the standard couple pieces of plywood. But when I was planning on building the shed myself I was going to put down 12 levelling blocks for the base. Lowe's TOLD US to our FACES that's what this guy would do. I confirmed because if he was t, I was going to. It's literally 2 2x4s holding the shed up. If there's something in the middle I can't see it.

It's not what we wanted or what we were told we were getting.

I'm just going to contact Lowe's when this is up. Nothing looks good.
did you have an illegal alien contractor?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There may even be mandated foundation requirements in your area, sometimes municipalities will have their ordinance etc online. That's the best way to embarrass them, there's no defense.
No foundation requirements here. In fact, very little requirements for sheds at all. Had I known he was gonna toss the shed on two 4x4's I would've done something different for the foundation. Right now it's raw dirt underneath. I shouldve got crushed rocks for it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Been building a 125 foot retaining wall with rocks that we've been collecting from various places. Every time someone posts they want to get rid of a pond or similar, I tell them I'll come and take all their rocks away. As a result, today I'm making this retaining wall, which will enable me to make a level seating area right next to a small pond we're also putting there. It's costing virtually nothing, as I can get the fill dirt from other places on my property. The only cost is going to be the pond liner and paving stones for the seating area. It's going to be massive and it's going to have a fire pit. This is the third seating area we will now have near the house. It's awesome.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe he meant 12.5 or 1.25 ft? Because even 12 ft tall wall is pretty fucking tall, lol

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
or he lives in TX, and he's keeping up w/ the jones

border-wall-construction-santa-teresa-2.jpg

• 1Like