Home Improvement

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I texture my toilet seats. Ever shit while sitting on sandpaper?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whelp, was putting the "Final" nail in some moulding in my guest bath, I textured it pretty well myself, brought in the flooring and did everything pretty good!

Sent this to my wife today as an update pic:

View attachment 217191

Her response?

View attachment 217195

Far cry from a week ago:

View attachment 217192

Sunday:

View attachment 217193

Then about 2 hours ago, putting in some decent looking moulding, checked ahead of time where studs were, final nail before I am done with that part and I can then mask off, putty the finishing nails and prime and paint it tomorrow...

I am hammering the last nail in, to a stud. I checked it...used the stud finder and everything!

grab the peen for the dimple nails and give it one last hit to get the nail slightly below the wood so I can do the above...then I hear, "TSSHHHHHHHHHHH"

No...no fucking way, I just laughed, I didn't graze shit, I full on center-massed a fucking 3/4th's hot water line that goes into foundation. How far up? oh 5/8ths an inch above slab.

View attachment 217194

to say I'm done with this bathroom is an understatement...

EDIT:

Yes, I know my pipes are shit, it's been discussed.
I have been in some projects that just broke me. The kind of shit you describe, where you feel like you are in a fight. You finally got the mother fucker on the ropes, and he throws a wild hay-maker that you that catches you right in the temple. Hole in a waterline 5/8 inch above the concrete is a real bitch.

Good job regardless bro. Keep fighting the good fight.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I texture my toilet seats. Ever shit while sitting on sandpaper?

Sandpaper toilet seats are for pussies.

5fe34a88533724d574b51bc5a96713cd.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What are you talking about? That shaves, exfoliates AND wipes at once. Triple action TP.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I've got to ask, why the hell would you choose to texture your walls and/or ceiling? That shit is going to age badly, is not possible to patch and make look right if ever anything happens, and it's a pain in the ass to paint?

I have never understood why anyone would do this. Can you tell me your thought process?

I would like to meet the person who decided textured walls are a good idea. Then I'd like to slap that person.

My reason? Because I have never done drywall before and I wanted to hide all the imperfections that I made.

I guess I will be getting first hand experience in patching texture since I have to fix my water fuckup.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My reason? Because I have never done drywall before and I wanted to hide all the imperfections that I made.

I guess I will be getting first hand experience in patching texture since I have to fix my water fuckup.

I wish you lots of luck, patching textured walls/ceilings sucks the balls of a goat.

• 1Truth!