Home Improvement

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Or he meant the length

tenor.gif

I'm so fucking tired right now, and I have a whole day more to do tomorrow.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Here's a $900 shed. Nothing fancy. I've gotta paint it. Can tell the kit comes with warped wood (common complaint)

I'm still gonna complain because I felt the process of dealing with this company was horse shit

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
august lock 3rd gen is no go, shit is stupid, installation instructions are app based, sure you need app to use, but i like paper, and not to wake my phone up for next step.

anyway, BT doesn't connect, amazon sending me another, i don't mind cuz i'm dealing with amazon.

i've had two fucked up smart thermos before i got the sensi that works nice now.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Here's a $900 shed. Nothing fancy. I've gotta paint it. Can tell the kit comes with warped wood (common complaint)

I'm still gonna complain because I felt the process of dealing with this company was horse shit

View attachment 215839
from my lockpicked adhd watching it seems ABUS 75/50 All Weather Chrome Plated Brass Keyed Different Padlock - Stainless Steel Shackle would be a good enough lock that 99% of the population would either take a sledge hammer to your door or go through that teeny tiny window

Siliconemelons

Because I talked about it...my demon hole to hell from my stupid toilet drain situation... I re-post this from FSR because it is similar to my situation.

You can see where the toilet sat and was caulked so in this case, they could not really "get out" from under the toilet - in my case they could.. I always wondered why there would be a roach or two every night/morning - and considering how "bad" it was, I was surprised there were not more of them that escaped...

But thinking about it, they did not need to escape... they were constantly watered and fed every flush - they had a big hole to live in and propagate.. guess only the adventurous ones came out once the lights where off.

At least this guy has the screws to attach to- mine did not - it just had the abscess of doom below it.

I filled mine with good stuff, bet it made a cool cockroach fossil imprints.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Because I talked about it...my demon hole to hell from my stupid toilet drain situation... I re-post this from FSR because it is similar to my situation.

You can see where the toilet sat and was caulked so in this case, they could not really "get out" from under the toilet - in my case they could.. I always wondered why there would be a roach or two every night/morning - and considering how "bad" it was, I was surprised there were not more of them that escaped...

But thinking about it, they did not need to escape... they were constantly watered and fed every flush - they had a big hole to live in and propagate.. guess only the adventurous ones came out once the lights where off.

At least this guy has the screws to attach to- mine did not - it just had the abscess of doom below it.

I filled mine with good stuff, bet it made a cool cockroach fossil imprints.
jesus fuck dude, say nsfl, need listerine to wash out mouth now

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Never opened a man hole (SORRY PERSON HOLE TO THOSE IN CA) have you eh? lol those are fun! At least in Florida.

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Other than a normal bit of smelly open sewer pipe/drain smell it should not be like this - and usually you shove a wad of paper towel in the opening while you do what you need to do- just don't let it fall in and remember to take it out :)

There should not be a gap or abscess / hole under the toilet drain - if there is, then problem can occure... kinda glad...i was not alone in this situation lol

dont know why I am but I am

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Whelp, was putting the "Final" nail in some moulding in my guest bath, I textured it pretty well myself, brought in the flooring and did everything pretty good!

Sent this to my wife today as an update pic:

1564551936598.png

Her response?

1564552388963.png

Far cry from a week ago:

1564551990375.png

Sunday:

1564552040796.png

Then about 2 hours ago, putting in some decent looking moulding, checked ahead of time where studs were, final nail before I am done with that part and I can then mask off, putty the finishing nails and prime and paint it tomorrow...

I am hammering the last nail in, to a stud. I checked it...used the stud finder and everything!

grab the peen for the dimple nails and give it one last hit to get the nail slightly below the wood so I can do the above...then I hear, "TSSHHHHHHHHHHH"

No...no fucking way, I just laughed, I didn't graze shit, I full on center-massed a fucking 3/4th's hot water line that goes into foundation. How far up? oh 5/8ths an inch above slab.

1564552328724.png

to say I'm done with this bathroom is an understatement...

EDIT:

Yes, I know my pipes are shit, it's been discussed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it typical for a sump pump to sit in water permanently? I want to say yes almost to the point of "duh". But, and this is my first sump pump, there is a fair amount of rust both in the pit and on the pump itself.

Are they designed this way, kinda like cell phone towers as an alternative to painting them? Cayuga Lake has high iron and some of the water it deals with is ground water. Could this be the iron precipitating out?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they sit in water and yeah it eventually ruins them. Luckily they're not super expensive.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is it typical for a sump pump to sit in water permanently? I want to say yes almost to the point of "duh". But, and this is my first sump pump, there is a fair amount of rust both in the pit and on the pump itself.

Are they designed this way, kinda like cell phone towers as an alternative to painting them? Cayuga Lake has high iron and some of the water it deals with is ground water. Could this be the iron precipitating out?
a few months ago the stainless steel clamp on my sump pump rusted out, like i do 1month checks on my house and i noticed my sump pump was like angled funny, cuz the clamp rusted out and the hose separated.

i'm pretty certain this is the original sump pump that came with the house so it's 25yrs old, it's a wonder it still works, and i can't really fault a clamp rusting out after 25yrs

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If yours is that old you must have a good one. Seems like mine rarely last more than 5 years or so.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've got to ask, why the hell would you choose to texture your walls and/or ceiling? That shit is going to age badly, is not possible to patch and make look right if ever anything happens, and it's a pain in the ass to paint?

I have never understood why anyone would do this. Can you tell me your thought process?

I would like to meet the person who decided textured walls are a good idea. Then I'd like to slap that person.

• 1Worf