Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
GuardianX GuardianX this is old Florida. It ain't that bad man. View from the deck. Down the hill there's a river, hard to see in this pic due to brush.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Vintage ge oven mostly still works I think. Got some more testing to do. Debating on replacing it. I think it may be from around 1959?

I love these mid-century ovens and ranges. The place we came from had a Frigidaire Flair (showcased on the show Bewitched) when we moved in.
flair.jpg

Those are gull-wing oven doors!

I tried to find parts for it, but it was an expensive PITA. Heavier than a piano to get out.

The place we're in now has a GE P7:
p7.jpg

The oven is somehow still perfect for baking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Keep it.

It's rarity is worth it imo
Yeah I think it fits the cabin vibe too. Not sure it's fully functional. Turns on but the timer function doesn't seem to work. May crack it open and take a look at it myself. I'm more of an electrical guy though so not sure that'd be much help with an oven this old.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Think I'm gonna just hire a contractor. Ain't nobody got time for this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Contractor coming out Fri to take a look. Home inspector was worth it. Found a bunch of little things to fix.

I think there's an animal living in the barn attic..

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I got rid of my in wall 1977 GE ovens as soon as I could. Top one was 30 degrees hotter than it was set at, bottom was 30 degrees cooler. Also, only 24 inches wide. Was happy when I threw that sucker in a dumpster.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I got rid of my in wall 1977 GE ovens as soon as I could. Top one was 30 degrees hotter than it was set at, bottom was 30 degrees cooler. Also, only 24 inches wide. Was happy when I threw that sucker in a dumpster.
It is freaking tiny.. I'd hate to have to cut up the cabinets to fit something bigger. Well see

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Out here this morning get a quote from the electrician. She was just grazing not too far from us. Saw a HUGE female yesterday with a baby. Sorry pic qual sucks.

Siliconemelons

I think I will rent a weekend at 'ol Folers Florida retreat - but I may shoot his dear.

I need to buy some random land somewhere that's not stupid $$... almost everywhere now is stupid. Objective would be to get a place that is currently hick ville and cheap, but by the time my kids have kids sprawl would have turned it into a viable asset to sell, or to develop and enjoy... yeah I know...

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I think I will rent a weekend at 'ol Folers Florida retreat - but I may shoot his dear.

I need to buy some random land somewhere that's not stupid $$... almost everywhere now is stupid. Objective would be to get a place that is currently hick ville and cheap, but by the time my kids have kids sprawl would have turned it into a viable asset to sell, or to develop and enjoy... yeah I know...

How much are you wanting to spend for dirt?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Hah. It's an odd property because it's about 17 acres but there's a subdivision around it so you'd have to use a bow and arrow. The development has driven all the animals to this property and the wildlife corridor it connects to. I think I'm gonna grab some bulk corn to feed the animals.

Yeah this property is one of a kind. I mean you won't find anything like it so close to a central city where I live. I come from a real estate family which is the only reason we have it. I imagine to the right seller this property could be sold for a ton, you could put a horse barn on it, dirt bike track, and a mansion. It's zoned for only 3 houses due to wetlands so it's really most valuable to the person who wants the sickest house in nature that's actually in civilization.. Like Starbucks is down the street, highway is nearby, high school it's zoned for is amazing, etc.

We grew up with some awesome properties.. We had a few thousand acres in central Florida all undeveloped. It was AWESOME. So big you could get lost on it. Tons of wildlife etc. Unfortunately it was co-owned with another family member so it was sold to be mowed down for a subdivision and golf course. I remember they had to excavate dead Indians on the property prior to selling. I remember watching them dig them up. (You thought that digging up dead Indians thread was random huh?). What a shame though, would have been a beautiful place to have kept at least some acreage to hunt/camp.

So hard to find something like this these days. Would be so much $.

Also, anyone recommend a good product for cleaning roof stains? I see a bunch on Amazon, spray, let sit, then spray off.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Hah. It's an odd property because it's about 17 acres but there's a subdivision around it so you'd have to use a bow and arrow. The development has driven all the animals to this property and the wildlife corridor it connects to. I think I'm gonna grab some bulk corn to feed the animals.

Also, anyone recommend a good product for cleaning roof stains? I see a bunch on Amazon, spray, let sit, then spray off.

Hurm do you have a solid entery/exit to your property with a subdivision around it? fully? Floridans are not good at accepting egress laws as its not really much of a "thing" in Florida historically as there is either A: out in BFE and plenty of land and no one cares and or alternative routes or B: its a planned development city/town/whatever and there are not lots/plots with egress right of ways... its not like the mountians where plots are all scattered and egresses are whatever nature dictates- and people are used to it and understand "Yes bob that owns the lot up the mountain is going to drive through your front lawn"

Siliconemelons

How much are you wanting to spend for dirt?

I mean, if that's how you want to look at it... I guess I am paying quite a bit for dirt!

Eh, I dunno 10k mark I think is reasonable for a decent chunk of land out in current nowhereville USA.

Trying to get the parents to go half in on the 12+ ache lot on the top of the mountain my brother lives on in NC.... its more than 10k, but oh well.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Hurm do you have a solid entery/exit to your property with a subdivision around it? fully? Floridans are not good at accepting egress laws as its not really much of a "thing" in Florida historically as there is either A: out in BFE and plenty of land and no one cares and or alternative routes or B: its a planned development city/town/whatever and there are not lots/plots with egress right of ways... its not like the mountians where plots are all scattered and egresses are whatever nature dictates- and people are used to it and understand "Yes bob that owns the lot up the mountain is going to drive through your front lawn"
You have to go through the subdivision and it's in the back of the subdivision.

My grandfather used to own all the property the subdivision is on + lots more. He sold around it and kept this piece. We don't even have to pay HOA 🤣.

See my edited post above for more history/context

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Shit you not just had a turkey walk by the window. Couldn't get a good pic, was on the phone.

Turkeys out here seem pretty scrawny. Maybe that's just wild turkeys? Always pictured them fatter.

Vinen

God is dead
Shit you not just had a turkey walk by the window. Couldn't get a good pic, was on the phone.

Turkeys out here seem pretty scrawny. Maybe that's just wild turkeys? Always pictured them fatter.

Wild Turkeys are much leaner then what you see at Thanksgiving.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I mean, if that's how you want to look at it... I guess I am paying quite a bit for dirt!

Eh, I dunno 10k mark I think is reasonable for a decent chunk of land out in current nowhereville USA.

Trying to get the parents to go half in on the 12+ ache lot on the top of the mountain my brother lives on in NC.... its more than 10k, but oh well.

So... 1200/acre?