Home Improvement

Siliconemelons

So... 1200/acre?

I mean, I saw a for sale sign while I drove through alligator alley getting my car in Miami - so I know literally where to go to buy "Natural Land" in Florida... I am sure I can get some "actually" useless land for cheap.

The idea is to build sometime on it within 10 years, even if its a little 2/1 or mobile. I like mountains... I would love one with a natural spring or other water source... so I know that keeps upping the cost.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Wild Turkeys are much leaner then what you see at Thanksgiving.
Yeah. Kinda disappointing. I hear they taste like piss too. Saw another one before I left. Tons of them. Wonder if I can fatten them up with corn....

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I mean, I saw a for sale sign while I drove through alligator alley getting my car in Miami - so I know literally where to go to buy "Natural Land" in Florida... I am sure I can get some "actually" useless land for cheap.

The idea is to build sometime on it within 10 years, even if its a little 2/1 or mobile. I like mountains... I would love one with a natural spring or other water source... so I know that keeps upping the cost.

Those are the two things I really wish our land had.

Natural running water, and mountains.

My brother and I plan on compensating, and the land we buy will have both

Yeah. Kinda disappointing. I hear they taste like piss too. Saw another one before I left. Tons of them. Wonder if I can fatten them up with corn....

So, you can catch turkeys on a trout line with corn...

Or so I heard.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

Are you in Florida? Man, there's longs strips of land between Central Florida area and the east coast that I've driven by for 10 years. Tons of huge acreage for sale. Always felt like it was a good buy as expansion from the beaches would push more inland.. Sure enough, over the past 5 years a Walmart goes up, abc liquor, several car dealers, and it keeps going. There's still quite a few huge ass prices for sale along this maybe 20 mile stretch. Probably too late to get in now but I'd bet getting and holding it for 10 years would pay off. Plus you can hunt hog on it till then.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So, you can catch turkeys on a trout line with corn...

Or so I heard.

Lol what. How? I don't think I want to catch these guys. They're pretty damn lean. I may throw some corn around to fatten them up and see if I can bring them out more. I have access to a dog that would probably enjoy chasing them... Haven't seen any bears recently but if I stay the night I usually will 90% of the time see them in the late afternoon. Usually they just walk on by. It is creepy when they get high up in the trees though, especially at night..

Never seen a gator in the river oddly enough. Thought I saw a bobcat a few months back but was hard to tell. I think that may be all the wildlife there is other than tortoises and some huge ass softshell turtles I stumble on occasionally.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
So we have an oldass well that looks like it used to pump water to an elaborate sprinkler system across the entire property.. You guys think I should get it looked into? Not sure how good Florida well water will be other than irrigation. Could end up being pricey if the well is broken or the tank. Gotta get the pump running first..

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Corn is all sugar.

Find some decent grain / seed, put it in a 50 gallon deer feeder, put up a hang man's post, set it to run 5-10 seconds a day a hour or so before they usually roam around

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Corn is all sugar.

Find some decent grain / seed, put it in a 50 gallon deer feeder, put up a hang man's post, set it to run 5-10 seconds a day a hour or so before they usually roam around
Great idea! Lots of options on deer feeder and shit, Purina makes deer feed. What's a hang man's post? The deer feeders I see are freestanding. You think the bears would fuck with it? They seem to fuck with anything that looks like it has food..

Also looks like there's turkey feeders and turkey feed.

Siliconemelons

Are you in Florida? Man, there's longs strips of land between Central Florida area and the east coast that I've driven by for 10 years. Tons of huge acreage for sale. Always felt like it was a good buy as expansion from the beaches would push more inland.. Sure enough, over the past 5 years a Walmart goes up, abc liquor, several car dealers, and it keeps going. There's still quite a few huge ass prices for sale along this maybe 20 mile stretch. Probably too late to get in now but I'd bet getting and holding it for 10 years would pay off. Plus you can hunt hog on it till then.

Yes I live in FL.

I remember driving I4 from Tampa side to Orlando side for various reasons as a kid and seeing the giant for sale signs 10, 20, 100, 200 acres for sale along the highway.

I told my dad "we should buy some land" he was like "who would want this land by the highway?" - umm Lakeland would like to talk to you.

I am thinking the place to buy now would be the ft Myers - Naples - South West side- it's going inward and upward fast.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Yes I live in FL.

I remember driving I4 from Tampa side to Orlando side for various reasons as a kid and seeing the giant for sale signs 10, 20, 100, 200 acres for sale along the highway.

I told my dad "we should buy some land" he was like "who would want this land by the highway?" - umm Lakeland would like to talk to you.

I am thinking the place to buy now would be the ft Myers - Naples - South West side- it's going inward and upward fast.
Sr44 from new Smyrna to i4 is where I was talking about. It's just slowly making its way towards i4 with development. Having Venetian bay there helps too I'm sure. 44 is busy as fuck. A lot of potential for something like a chik fil a there or even a Starbucks (they may have just put one in).

But yeah same idea with what you're saying, these places are moving inward from the coast it seems.

Siliconemelons

Sr44 from new Smyrna to i4 is where I was talking about. It's just slowly making its way towards i4 with development. Having Venetian bay there helps too I'm sure. 44 is busy as fuck. A lot of potential for something like a chik fil a there or even a Starbucks (they may have just put one in).

But yeah same idea with what you're saying, these places are moving inward from the coast it seems.

I have a friend that is a real estate agent in New Smyrna - it is growing...but it's infested with liberals. Dude married a liberal feminatzi and turned cuck - so sad.

But yes what's happening in the NE coasts between Jacksonville and Orlando is happening in the SW Venice to Tampa

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I have a friend that is a real estate agent in New Smyrna - it is growing...but it's infested with liberals. Dude married a liberal feminatzi and turned cuck - so sad.

But yes what's happening in the NE coasts between Jacksonville and Orlando is happening in the SW Venice to Tampa
Hmm. Nsb is a small ass beach town. Maybe people who live there are liberal, the surfer crowds, doubt the fishermen are.

Yeah man. It's just gonna move further in. Buy buy buy. Unfortunately gone are the days where you could buy land for pennies on the dollar.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Foler Foler

Screw a 4x4, or two 2x4s horizontally to a tree about 8-10 ft high. Maybe 4 ft long? 5ft?

Then about 3 or 4 ft out, put a 10-12ft 4x4 or two 2x4s vertically to support it. Both it together and in the hole full with cement.

Mine have been standing for 8 years. Easy as fuck, quick, hog proof (as close as you can get), cheap, holds a50 gallon feeder easily.

Just go to a farmer's co-op and get feed. Sunflowers are like 8$ per 50lbs etc.

Mix corn, beans, sunflower seeds, etc

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Foler Foler

Screw a 4x4, or two 2x4s horizontally to a tree about 8-10 ft high. Maybe 4 ft long? 5ft?

Then about 3 or 4 ft out, put a 10-12ft 4x4 or two 2x4s vertically to support it. Both it together and in the hole full with cement.

Mine have been standing for 8 years. Easy as fuck, quick, hog proof (as close as you can get), cheap, holds a50 gallon feeder easily.

Just go to a farmer's co-op and get feed. Sunflowers are like 8$ per 50lbs etc.

Mix corn, beans, sunflower seeds, etc
Think I see what you're saying. You're using the pole instead of running it to another tree? You just hang it from a chain? I need it suspended far from the tree.. Florida bears.....

LongLakeBear.jpg

LongLakeBear2.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Wild turkeys are way more lean, and taste so much better. It's a different beast than the butterballs. I get a couple every year, and while they don't feed as many, it's so much tastier.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 273251

Hang from divot. Maybe half inch deep. Wrap the tree in sheet metal if bears are really am issue
Bears are a huge issue and they're hella good climbers.. Why not just suspend is 14 ft up between two trees with a chain? Seems like it would look better and maybe work better than sheet metal. I got plenty of trees.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Bears are a huge issue and they're hella good climbers.. Why not just suspend is 14 ft up between two trees with a chain? Seems like it would look better and maybe work better than sheet metal. I got plenty of trees.

I use it for deer hunting, and put it at the edge of clearings. So usually no second tree

And I don't use sheet metal, that was in response to your bear problem. Lol