Home Improvement

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to test this bear proof trash can I spent $300 for and $200 in shipping 😑. Will put it right under a cam.

Also what the fuck is wrong with my wild turkeys? I put cracked corn out, go out yesterday and there's a turkey walking around and he just walked right past the corn to peck where there is none.

Are my turkeys retarded?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Can't wait to test this bear proof trash can I spent $300 for and $200 in shipping 😑. Will put it right under a cam.

Also what the fuck is wrong with my wild turkeys? I put cracked corn out, go out yesterday and there's a turkey walking around and he just walked right past the corn to peck where there is none.

Are my turkeys retarded?
All turkeys are retarded, friend.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
All turkeys are retarded, friend.
Found this awesome chain store that's niche is like ranching/farm stuff. Went and literally bought cracked corn specific for turkey, infused with protein, and my gobblers are too dumb to eat it. 😑

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Found this awesome chain store that's niche is like ranching/farm stuff. Went and literally bought cracked corn specific for turkey, infused with protein, and my gobblers are too dumb to eat it. 😑

Corn is shit quality food for wildlife

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Corn is shit quality food for wildlife
Even for turkey? I know it is in general but I thought it would be decent for turkey? I mean it was marketed specifically for turkey with infused nutrients

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Anyone here done french drains? I have gutters on a portion of the front of the house however where the roof does the inverted V part on the front there's no gutters, so, it ends up dumping to the front right here and pooling.

House is on an incline so if I can get it to the side of the house I could drain it down. Wondering if I can trench at an incline for a french drain along this front wall where it pools to the side of the house. For the front I'd prefer french drain with no rock (like just under the dirt if possible?) because I either have to cross the brick pavers to get to one side or cross the drain line/cable line/eventually electrical line to get to other side. On the sides I can do rock french drain.

Any ideas would be helpful. Wish I could post pic of house/situation more but concerned about privacy. If you have experience and don't want to ruin my life PM me and ill send pic, would greatly appreciate it and welcome you to come hang whenever!

View attachment 293118

What about starting with a french drain there, and then having underground O-pipe down the hill to another area where you could either have an additional french drain or release it to the surface if it's a good place to do that? Essentially the first french drain, where your water comes off the roof, just gets the water underground so it can then get into the buried pipe and the water is then relocated to the second area. Because you already have a hill, you know the water would flow downhill in the pipe.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What about starting with a french drain there, and then having underground O-pipe down the hill to another area where you could either have an additional french drain or release it to the surface if it's a good place to do that? Essentially the first french drain, where your water comes off the roof, just gets the water underground so it can then get into the buried pipe and the water is then relocated to the second area. Because you already have a hill, you know the water would flow downhill in the pipe.
Well the front of the house is level so I'd just need to get it to the sides which go downhill.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There's a guy on YouTube called french drain man. I watched a bunch of his videos last fall. Haven't actually put one in but he seems pretty legit.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Well the front of the house is level so I'd just need to get it to the sides which go downhill.

Easy enough to do, you can start the pipe high in your french drain and slope it to the side of the house. You can go as deep as you need to. It's just digging. Good exerciser and cheap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Best air compressor under $500? High enough SCFM to run air tools for car work (impact wrench etc), house work (nailer, sander, etc). Needs to be portable, wheels etc

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Best air compressor under $500? High enough SCFM to run air tools for car work (impact wrench etc), house work (nailer, sander, etc). Needs to be portable, wheels etc
I’m not an air tool expert, but my understanding is that capacity plays the biggest role for continuous usage. For example, a big beefy pump won’t do you any good if you’ve only got a 6 gal tank. I only have a couple of pneumatic tools, but their packaging was labeled with minimum recommended tank size.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i asked here, and online and basically unless youre running a garage shop, good brand name cordless is the way to go. and honestly that was good advice.

my biggest worry was if cordless was powerful for lugnuts, i'm stuck w/ ryobi so i checked out their impact wrench, and yup it tore through those lugnuts like nothing.

i have a torch wrench and i torqued my lugnuts all the way to 120ft/lb and it still had no issue. (i didn't feel comfortable testing beyond that)

heck i hate wires so much, i have a care tire inflator, you know the kind you plug into the cigarette lighter and pump a few psi to top off your tires.

i got so annoyed at the wire being connected to the 12v that i just went and bought
s-l640.jpg

so i'd gladly say cordless

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I do quite a lot with my compressor, and if you're planning to use rotary tools you should get a decent sized tank. I also blow out my irrigation with it, so I got this one:

846212006221.jpg

I like Porter Cable. I have miles of air hose, so I can use it all over the place. It certainly isn't convenient like a cordless one, but if you need any volume, the portable one won't cut it. If you don't, then I'd go that way, too. Actually thinking about getting one for convenience when I don't need the big one.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not really a fan of pneumatic tools. I haven't had very many of them but I don't really see the upside. I have both corded and cordless electric impact wrenches and such and they work fine and you don't have a noisy ass air compressor running all the time or deal with hoses being too short or getting wrapped around everything. Maybe I'm missing something but I plumbed air all over my shop and I have a few air tools but I hardly ever use them. Get a small pancake compressor or something similar to run your nail gun and maybe air up a tire now and then and just go electric for the impact wrenches IMO.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The only pneumatic tools I use anymore are the nail guns.

Re: productivity from a page or two back. I find that in my case its all about being organized. Im not though and when I tackle any sort of home work I find myself taking more time trying to find tools, supplies than I do actually working on it. 1/2 the time I end up buying new tools, supplies because I cannot remember where I put the old shit I had.