Home Improvement

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
When I bought my house in 2016 it had a satellite dish from the previous owner. I didn't fuck with it as it's small and I didn't really care. Today the HOA sent me hatemail. I can pay the "architectural committee" of Karens $1000 to get a permit allowing it or I can be fined $50 a month until I remove it.

This pissed me off. Now I have to go fund a 16 foot ladder to get rid of the stupid thing.
Unless you live in a historical district, you should check your local laws. It's on the onus of the association to show that there's an issue.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Unless you live in a historical district, you should check your local laws. It's on the onus of the association to show that there's an issue.

Where I live was only developed 10 years ago or so. I don't want the dumbass satellite. I just didn't care about removing it when I bought the house.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Where I live was only developed 10 years ago or so. I don't want the dumbass satellite. I just didn't care about removing it when I bought the house.

Sounds like you should cite that and tell them to shove it up their ass. Then remove it on your own time.

Might rustle the Karens in to finding other shit to harass you with though. If I ever own a home I'm damn sure never buying one with a HOA.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Sounds like you should cite that and tell them to shove it up their ass. Then remove it on your own time.

Might rustle the Karens in to finding other shit to harass you with though. If I ever own a home I'm damn sure never buying one with a HOA.
when i went to house find in 2017 for my home in topeka, everyone had a HOA. well at least the ones i was interested in, the cheaper houses w/ not good neighborhoods had no HOA

of course if you own "land" vs living in a neighborhood, whats it matter

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
when i went to house find in 2017 for my home in topeka, everyone had a HOA. well at least the ones i was interested in, the cheaper houses w/ not good neighborhoods had no HOA

of course if you own "land" vs living in a neighborhood, whats it matter

HOAs are uncommon where I am, it's mostly restricted to new developments.

All I know is that should I ever buy a home I want to be able to do whatever the hell I want with it, Karens be damned.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
HOAs are uncommon where I am, it's mostly restricted to new developments.

All I know is that should I ever buy a home I want to be able to do whatever the hell I want with it, Karens be damned.
Yeah but in most cities you need to be pretty far out in the sticks before that's an option. I am deep and moving deeper into the Austin burbs.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah but in most cities you need to be pretty far out in the sticks before that's an option. I am deep and moving deeper into the Austin burbs.

I get that being the price to pay to live where you want. Where I am in northern NY is all small suburban and rural towns.

I've lived within about a 25 mile radius of here for my entire life, so I've never lived where there's a HOA. It's all old neighborhoods going back 100-200 years.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
All things considered the HOA I have is pretty benign and very cheap. It's $300 a year compared to other places where its like $2000 a year or more. On that note I think I am fairly lucky.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
All things considered the HOA I have is pretty benign and very cheap. It's $300 a year compared to other places where its like $2000 a year or more. On that note I think I am fairly lucky.
yea same, fees are a laughable 125$ a year and they have a community pool that everyone goes to (you get a keycard)

i've never gotten a notice but my property is kept and my neighbors haven't either, but their property is kept too

Nija

<Silver Donator>
When I bought my house in 2016 it had a satellite dish from the previous owner. I didn't fuck with it as it's small and I didn't really care. Today the HOA sent me hatemail. I can pay the "architectural committee" of Karens $1000 to get a permit allowing it or I can be fined $50 a month until I remove it.

This pissed me off. Now I have to go fund a 16 foot ladder to get rid of the stupid thing.

Now you have an excuse to get an awesome ladder. Gorilla Ladders 23 ft. Reach MPXT Aluminum Multi-Position Ladder with Project Top, 375 lbs. Load Capacity Type IAA Duty Rating-GLMPXT-23 - The Home Depot

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
water didn't work, it's cold and this faucet is the further away so i thought it was just frozen like always (it's a double sink, so we just use the other one), after applying minute of heat there must be something wrong. disconnected the hose to the faucet and that gushes, but faucet doesn't do anything still. took appart faucet (just the handle really) turns out theres a huge chunk of calcium just there.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Fogel Fogel where is our update?

2CW.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fogel Fogel where is our update?

2CW.gif
The family left on Friday so obviously I had no issues over the weekend. Electrician comes in this morning, I give him the deets. He pops the panel and checks it out, the incoming line, etc. He says he's not sure what the issue is and can't trouble shoot if it isn't happening. I literally turn on every light, fan, and appliance I can. He checks the amps with the amp clamp and highest reading was 5 amps at the breaker level. I told him I'd leave everything on and call him if it started tripping again. I left everything on from 9 am to 4 pm, not a damn breaker tripped. He did point out that they were arc breakers and all the trips were arc faults, no ground faults at all.

His only explanation was that there was an issue on the city level and that arc breakers are really sensitive sometimes. Back to the drawing board I guess

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The family left on Friday so obviously I had no issues over the weekend. Electrician comes in this morning, I give him the deets. He pops the panel and checks it out, the incoming line, etc. He says he's not sure what the issue is and can't trouble shoot if it isn't happening. I literally turn on every light, fan, and appliance I can. He checks the amps with the amp clamp and highest reading was 5 amps at the breaker level. I told him I'd leave everything on and call him if it started tripping again. I left everything on from 9 am to 4 pm, not a damn breaker tripped. He did point out that they were arc breakers and all the trips were arc faults, no ground faults at all.

His only explanation was that there was an issue on the city level and that arc breakers are really sensitive sometimes. Back to the drawing board I guess
great... now you made me google

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He did point out that they were arc breakers and all the trips were arc faults, no ground faults at all.

I still wonder about something being loose in your panel. If something is arcing it seems like it would have to be on one of the buses since it's effecting multiple breakers or possibly the neutral although there really shouldn't be any arcing on the neutral. It might be interesting to see if the blown breakers are all on the same leg. It's kind of hard to tell because it's every other breaker that are on the same bus but you could figure it out.

• 1Solidarity