Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fixing some odds and ends for home sale

finally figured out my "broken" garbage disposal.

breaker not tripped
garbage disposal bottom red button not tripped
took a 1/4 hex at the bottom to manually turn, works
took an extension cord to it, works on other outlet

tested the outlet with light, no turn on, plugged in with wall tester nothing.

changed the outlet, nope.

finally decided, lemme just change out the switch... holy shit it was the motherfucking switch that failed.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

breaker not tripped

finally decided, lemme just change out the switch... holy shit it was the motherfucking switch that failed.

Go ahead and install your molex restraint on the electrical if you don’t have it. Two inspectors dinged me on that and it was a $0.38 fix from Lowe’s.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

breaker not tripped

Can save you from part swapping troubleshooting next time.

Limited-time deal: AstroAI 33D Digital Multimeter, DC AC Voltmeter, Ohm Volt Amp and Diode Voltage Tester Ohmmeter Continuity Detector with Backlight LCD Display

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes the multi tool only is on sale

Wow real subtle man. You two should just fuck and get it over with.

904570A0-8BDB-4B3B-9D1C-61192F48E11C.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Can save you from part swapping troubleshooting next time.

Limited-time deal: AstroAI 33D Digital Multimeter, DC AC Voltmeter, Ohm Volt Amp and Diode Voltage Tester Ohmmeter Continuity Detector with Backlight LCD Display
yea i got this thing Erronius Erronius said we should buy
ff2b4f9b0e2ee71613e79028b96ad603.png

i don't even know wtf it does, i guess it clamps on wires and makes sure current is flowing through

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The CAT ratings are relatively low so it's definitely aimed at homeowners.

But it's probably good for a homeowner, especially at that price.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Debating replacing my back door. Currently, its a mostly glass door, with blinds that look like shit cause my dogs are always watching for rabits and their tails could hit home runs.

I want to get a door that has the blinds built in, between 2 panes of glass

Also thinking of getting a storm door with a doggie door I can't let them use during the day and keep the main door open

The debate is buying a door and seeing if I can just pop the hinges and replace it myself or if I should pay for installation. I dunno how likely it will need someone more handy than I to get it right.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Debating replacing my back door. Currently, its a mostly glass door, with blinds that look like shit cause my dogs are always watching for rabits and their tails could hit home runs.

Also thinking of getting a storm door with a doggie door I can't let them use during the day and keep the main door open

The debate is buying a door and seeing if I can just pop the hinges and replace it myself or if I should pay for installation. I dunno how likely it will need someone more handy than I to get it right.
if those are the exact measurements, it should be as easy as popping it off and popping on new door.

at most you'll probably have to find a way to do the bottom weather stripping

• 1Like

whoo

<Silver Donator>

You need to make sure the hinges and door knob catch and dead bolt (if there is one) are in the exact same spot. The door may fit in the opening, but if the above bits do not match up, its useless.

Also, I have found that full length glass panel doors tend to have the glass seal break and leak because of the constant opening and closing. If the seal breaks and the insulating gas leaks out, you'll get mildew grow inside. In my personal experience, they have a lifespan of 5-7 years if it's a heavily used door.

If the door is steel or solid fiberglass, you may get better results. They do look nice though!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Araysar Araysar could probably use scissors for that yard this year, that’s pretty damn sparse. Need to do an aerate and seed this fall to get it going. Could probably do one right now too if you want to get it going sooner.

Its a lot greener now in mid May - do i still need to aerate and seed?

1621254186454.png

1621254210013.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

They also make a version of this that clips on to the existing window in the door that is a little cheaper. It isn't as "clean" per se, but with the edging painted the same color as the door it looks built in. From the other side of the room or the couch I can't even notice. Plus I've had an issue where the magnet/track inside got off a bit and it was as easy as pulling the two tabs on the bottom and then sitting it back on the window. Took about 10 minutes.

This isn't the exact version I have but the first example I found on HD.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My wife said the same thing. But I genuinely dont understand the problem with non-grass.

Its green, soft and looks fine -- whats the problem?
They're weeds. Just like the residents of the inner-city, if you dont address it they will spread and contaminate in every direction.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
They're weeds. Just like the residents of the inner-city, if you dont address it they will spread and contaminate in every direction.

I'm still not getting it.

Sounds like more green, soft, fine looking non-grass

Why is that bad?

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its a lot greener now in mid May - do i still need to aerate and seed?

View attachment 354310
View attachment 354311
whoa, you got a lot of weeds, time to buy a sprayer

28ee6ac45af36710dc046532ebd1441b.png

might not be a bad idea to get an electric sprayer, and since youre on ryobi now

183b8b121b06a20ecc8e061f7fc33180.png

that pumping gets annoying when you really want to cover a large area... and you have a LARGE area

weeds are bad b/c they are first to everything

they are first to spread their seed

they are first to take all the nutrients from the soil

they are first to take all the space

it's also unsightly, it's like going to a party and wowraider01 comes walking in, he doesn't care how he looks but everyone else knows how he looks.

do you have a hoa? it might be a hoa issue too