Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
realtor looked at my house, we decided to leave the w&d and our relo package is great so i'm just gonna take advantage of the moving company(they move everything) and temporary housing, sell first and find something there.

she said the best investment i could do is a coat a new paint on the walls that i spackled (i fixed some holes from previous owners and she could see the color mis match, even from the left over paint the previous owners left behind)

she estimated a good 1500-2k for the rooms or i could do a good job myself.

actually never really painted a room, while i do have paint rollers and brushes (even got purdy and wooster), i wouldn't say i'm confident, so again i'm hoping technology can make up for my inexperience and short comings

this is supposed to be the best semi-pro/home diy spray painter, it even has a tube that just straight on connects to the paint can!

9c1f17b82f6f49bc1a10072c0b2b2fc4.png

my garage looks like trash so i got a big bucket of white paint for the ceilings and walls, i can put an extension on this so i won't have to try to paint with rollers over my head.

it was between this and the wagner, and that looked like a childs toy

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I used a Wagner airless sprayer in my house. It's a lot of setup and cleanup, but you can paint incredibly fast in between. I used it on the ceiling and for primer on the walls and floor when the house was gutted. I don't know that I'd use it indoors on a finished house just because it takes too much masking and probably there's going to be some over spray somewhere. It would be perfect for the garage though. Just be sure you clean it really well when you're done because when that paint dries it's there forever.

If you're going to paint some with rollers take the time to watch some videos on how to do it. Mainly how to load your roller and keep it loaded and then how to get the paint on the wall first and then "lay it out". It's not really hard, but I helped paint my brother's house without learning that and I feel bad when I'm there because we did a pretty poor job. I did the research before painting my house and it came out much better and even my Mom did some of it and got good results once I showed her what to do.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
realtor looked at my house, we decided to leave the w&d and our relo package is great so i'm just gonna take advantage of the moving company(they move everything) and temporary housing, sell first and find something there.

she said the best investment i could do is a coat a new paint on the walls that i spackled (i fixed some holes from previous owners and she could see the color mis match, even from the left over paint the previous owners left behind)

she estimated a good 1500-2k for the rooms or i could do a good job myself.

actually never really painted a room, while i do have paint rollers and brushes (even got purdy and wooster), i wouldn't say i'm confident, so again i'm hoping technology can make up for my inexperience and short comings

this is supposed to be the best semi-pro/home diy spray painter, it even has a tube that just straight on connects to the paint can!

9c1f17b82f6f49bc1a10072c0b2b2fc4.png

my garage looks like trash so i got a big bucket of white paint for the ceilings and walls, i can put an extension on this so i won't have to try to paint with rollers over my head.

it was between this and the wagner, and that looked like a childs toy
We painted with one of these powered rollers once and it was ridiculously fast. The paint would come to the roller so fast it wore you out trying to keep up. We had a different brand but looks like it works the same.

Wagner Spraytech 0530010 Wagner Multi-Room Powered Roller Cover and One Adapter, 3/8 in Nap, SMART SideKick

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I attempted to use a similar sprayer when we redid my guest room quite a few years back. It was way too much for a finished room and my level of experience. Rollers ended up being easier to set up, clean up, and keep paint off where it was supposed to be. Still have that sprayer though, found it while packing up the house. Need to use it for something.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I attempted to use a similar sprayer when we redid my guest room quite a few years back. It was way too much for a finished room and my level of experience. Rollers ended up being easier to set up, clean up, and keep paint off where it was supposed to be. Still have that sprayer though, found it while packing up the house. Need to use it for something.
It’s great for things like spraying cabinets or bookshelves or trim. Something you can do outside then bring in.

My cousin borrowed mine and painted his bedroom walls and ceiling with it, with furniture in there and everything and it turned out awesome but he’s done finish work for a living. I haven’t so wouldn’t attempt that beyond my garage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I used a Wagner airless sprayer in my house. It's a lot of setup and cleanup, but you can paint incredibly fast in between. I used it on the ceiling and for primer on the walls and floor when the house was gutted. I don't know that I'd use it indoors on a finished house just because it takes too much masking and probably there's going to be some over spray somewhere. It would be perfect for the garage though. Just be sure you clean it really well when you're done because when that paint dries it's there forever.

If you're going to paint some with rollers take the time to watch some videos on how to do it. Mainly how to load your roller and keep it loaded and then how to get the paint on the wall first and then "lay it out". It's not really hard, but I helped paint my brother's house without learning that and I feel bad when I'm there because we did a pretty poor job. I did the research before painting my house and it came out much better and even my Mom did some of it and got good results once I showed her what to do.
yea the cleanup was the part where i decided on the graco, it just seems i need two and just pump it with water and spray until clean, it also has a reverse anti clog nozzle which means something heh,

for masking i'm gonna try this product

it'll come with the masking tape and plastic, what i like about the plastic is thatit looks like it'll "cling" once you roll it out. i know theres the device where it combines masking tape and rolling out paper too tho.

yea i'm gonna try to skip rollers entirely, i tried painting the inside cabs with a roller and i sucked.

Question, for the garage i have some miscolored shelving on there. can i just leave the shelving on and just spray the whole wall, shelves included?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yea the cleanup was the part where i decided on the graco, it just seems i need two and just pump it with water and spray until clean, it also has a reverse anti clog nozzle which means something heh,

for masking i'm gonna try this product

it'll come with the masking tape and plastic, what i like about the plastic is thatit looks like it'll "cling" once you roll it out. i know theres the device where it combines masking tape and rolling out paper too tho.

yea i'm gonna try to skip rollers entirely, i tried painting the inside cabs with a roller and i sucked.

Question, for the garage i have some miscolored shelving on there. can i just leave the shelving on and just spray the whole wall, shelves included?
Don’t mask for brushing and rolling, it gives a false sense of security. Just don’t skimp on brushes and cut in. Good brushes are key.

Unless you’re talking about when spraying, then yeah mask~

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don’t mask for brushing and rolling, it gives a false sense of security. Just don’t skimp on brushes and cut in. Good brushes are key.

Unless you’re talking about when spraying, then yeah mask~
yea, i'll be doing masking for spraying, i suck at cutting in

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ryobi days is live now

they say the promo is good "up to" $79 tool, but ppl have bought more expensive tools online as a "free gift" and you just have to pay the difference, seems online only.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
yea, i'll be doing masking for spraying, i suck at cutting in
You might not. That’s what everyone that uses shitty brushes say. Stiff cheap brushes are impossible to cut in well with. Need the nice ones so the paint flows off smoother, soft bristles don’t gouge lines in the paint, they bend better so it’s easier to make a parallel line.

Or maybe you suck idk, I’d try better brushes if you haven’t yet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You might not. That’s what everyone that uses shitty brushes say. Stiff cheap brushes are impossible to cut in well with. Need the nice ones so the paint flows off smoother, soft bristles don’t gouge lines in the paint, they bend better so it’s easier to make a parallel line.

Or maybe you suck idk, I’d try better brushes if you haven’t yet.
i have wooster and purdy brushes, it's not the tool it's the man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my relo company won't transfer liquids, i also have them moving one of my cars there, so i guess i could just sneak in the liquids in the trunk?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
my relo company won't transfer liquids, i also have them moving one of my cars there, so i guess i could just sneak in the liquids in the trunk?
I'd prep a plan b just in case but this seems likely to work.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Where is the best place to typically go and buy firewood in bulk?

Also with lumber prices soaring, is that affecting firewood prices or not?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Whos your relo company?

Mine made me take everything out of the car and checked

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Where is the best place to typically go and buy firewood in bulk?

Also with lumber prices soaring, is that affecting firewood prices or not?
In Kentucky? Take a long car ride through country roads and find someone out there who sells it by the rick. It’s generally by far the cheapest way to get it, cause it’s just some rural neighbor.

Other than that, gas stations. There may be some big box store or local mulch place that sells it but I don’t know who. Going that way you’re going to pay 3-4x as much per rick than buying from a local guy. If your fairly rural you could ask around, someone may know a guy kind of thing.