Home Improvement

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Y'all are retards. We removed the carpet inside and replaced it with vinyl.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Y'all are retards. We removed the carpet inside and replaced it with vinyl.
You just made it sound that way, bro. lol

Ive got quite a few houses under my belt and my business manages even more. Carpet isnt normal, but it wouldnt surprise me in the least.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Carpet in a garage would seriously piss me off lol. The fuck?

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dude, you merged talking about ALL home improvements, when focus was on your garage and the epoxy, you could have just said "we removed the carpeting in the house"

but you sorta left it like it was an entire todo list of fixing up the garage

• 1Like

Daidraco

Heres some shit for you :

There is this Boarding house we manage thats changed hands probably half a dozen times since we picked it up. The current owners live in southern California and the property is here in Virginia. The house has 5 different tenants in what should be a single family home. Its 1950's in age and in the ghetto, worth in total about 90k. Each tenant is paying ~700 bucks, my company gets 15% and I pay the guy that works for me 10% to handle all the cash app and BS that goes along with it. ANYWAYS - the entire basement of that property has that Green Outdoor Carpet in it and people live down there.

If there is anything Ive learned from that property - those poor folks know the housing landlord - tenant rights better than fucking lawyers.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While that is a pretty nice margin I don't think I'd want to deal with being a slumlord. A guy I know bought a 4plex in the Austin hood in like 2012 and does all that cashapp garbage personally still. Sounds like a nightmare.

I'm renting out my old house to a friend of mine who recently got divorced for $2k a month until he finds another place to buy. Dude is a pretty successful attorney but down in the dumps due to the divorce right now and just wants to chill for awhile. We'll see who I find after that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think you guys are being too dismissive of the carpeted garage idea. Imagine on your day off you could go to your car, hit a drive thru or two, and come back home without even having to put on shoes. If you work from home you barely need to own shoes at all. Luxury.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
bro, if i owned a rolls royce i would only park it in a carpeted garage and then rip out and replace with new carpet every month.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
My next home improvement project is putting in a backyard sauna hopefully before winter. I was looking at these off the rack models, but they only go up to 160F in temp. The Russian banyas Ive been to are normally 200F+ (but come to think of it, I think they were all built with stone and tile so the wood probably cant withstand this much heat). Might just do the Finnish one that goes up to 160F, I dont know yet. The hardest part is picking a good one because its not like I can just return this thing after spending $6K and assembling it and I dont trust any of the customer reviews

1663087493022.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
also all my land is 5-20% degree slope so i have to build a super strong retaining wall, otherwise if this thing starts rolling down the hill.... it will probably take out the next house

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
also all my land is 5-20% degree slope so i have to build a super strong retaining wall, otherwise if this thing starts rolling down the hill.... it will probably take out the next house
dude i saw the pics of your house, your backyard is practically chinese

• 1Worf

Daidraco

I think in general, most of us that post in this thread have nice places. Guess thats why its called the "Home Improvement" thread. :p

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
my backyard is a shit show, i wont lie. land erosion, trees, varying slope of 5-20 degrees, mostly weed grass

i think i said before i dont want to end up spending a lot of money and time on maintaining the grass so i'm happy to finish building my firepit patio and sauna first, and then figure out if i want to bother with the landscaping (I probably wont)

Daidraco

So I just got back from the house that Im working on. Im going to flip it immediately instead of waiting out the taxes. The foreman I work with is talking about putting down in the main level a "Ceramic Wood Flooring" instead of actual wood flooring, or similar. I was thinking a waterproof Bamboo, personally. After just a couple minutes of goodling, it looks like its just tiles that are stained / pre-stained to look like wood flooring? Does anyone have any experience with this? Even if laid professionally, does it look cheap? Google just doesnt seem to give me a good idea about it. But according to this guy, he says its gorgeous.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So I just got back from the house that Im working on. Im going to flip it immediately instead of waiting out the taxes. The foreman I work with is talking about putting down in the main level a "Ceramic Wood Flooring" instead of actual wood flooring, or similar. I was thinking a waterproof Bamboo, personally. After just a couple minutes of goodling, it looks like its just tiles that are stained / pre-stained to look like wood flooring? Does anyone have any experience with this? Even if laid professionally, does it look cheap? Google just doesnt seem to give me a good idea about it. But according to this guy, he says its gorgeous.
I’ve seen it in a few bathrooms that looked really nice. I personally wouldn’t want tile throughout the majority of my home. Guess I would worry about chipping/cracking it all the time. *shrug*

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My brother has tile throughout his house with a wood pattern on it but no one would actually confuse it with wood. It looks nice. I always find tile hard and cold though.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I’ve seen it in a few bathrooms that looked really nice. I personally wouldn’t want tile throughout the majority of my home. Guess I would worry about chipping/cracking it all the time. *shrug*
My dad has porcelain tile in his house. Properly installed it's goddamn near indestructible, unless you start dropping bowling balls on it.

Fucker

Log Wizard
House I sold last year had tile all over the place. No chips, easy to clean.

• 1Like