Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cancel everything, you gotta de popcorn that ceiling.

Looks good. What kinda hood you putting in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I was tempted to remove the popcorn prior to this project, but my living room has really high vaulted ceiling and I said fuck it. It's on the list of things I want to do though. I hate it. Hood will just be a microwave/hood. I don't have a true exhaust above the kitchen.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think I am going to opt to not do sprinklers. Driving up and down the neighborhood I bet only a half dozen have them out of 50+. Nobodies grass is super green but it's not dead either.

I am used to being in CA where if you don't water 3 times a week your front yard looks like the Sahara in June.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'll likely mud over the smaller soffit and repaint. Here's a pic of the upper cabinets finished. The soffit above it is not even remotely level(the cabinets are), so I have some molding I'm going to run above the cabinets to cover that slanted gap. Working on lower cabinets this week and then flooring on the weekend.

View attachment 67246

Too late now, but i would have had the electrician pull wire for under cab lights. I did when I re-did my kitchen I use them way more than I thought i would. They are great for early morning coffee making without blowing your sleepy eyes out of your skull.

Picasso3

sealed about 400 sq ft of deck. I will never stain, fuck would that be awful to get it all covered and consistent, this took about 2 hours.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Too late now, but i would have had the electrician pull wire for under cab lights. I did when I re-did my kitchen I use them way more than I thought i would. They are great for early morning coffee making without blowing your sleepy eyes out of your skull.
Can't I still install under cabinet lights and just plug them into the outlet the microwave is in, or does the MW need to be on its own circuit?

I finished the base cabinet frames yesterday and did the flooring today. Will finish up the base cabinets tomorrow. Have the appliances in place, but not fully installed yet. I have the quartz counter measurement on Tuesday and will likely be in a holding pattern for a week or two while the countertop gets cut.

kTNsxWp.jpg

YStWlFP.jpg

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Can't I still install under cabinet lights and just plug them into the outlet the microwave is in, or does the MW need to be on its own circuit?

certainly, its just less convenient to fumble for the hidden switch under the cab instead of pawing the one on the wall. see if you can find ones that chain together so you can single switch. I had to open each one of mine and hardwire them together., twas a bit of a hassle. Microwave should probably be on a larger breaker than the rest. Atleast mine is , but its a monster. All outlets above the splash should be on a GFI as well, that can chain from a single box.

What kind of counter top ya gonna get?

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Made some progress on the Tree House (err more like a fort I guess) this weekend. Up next is the railing for the stairs & then the Turbo Tube Slide will get attached. Not sure if I still want to put a roof on, just leaving the up rights long until I decide.
Will post more pics when the railing and slide are done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Made some progress on the Tree House (err more like a fort I guess) this weekend. Up next is the railing for the stairs & then the Turbo Tube Slide will get attached. Not sure if I still want to put a roof on, just leaving the up rights long until I decide.
Will post more pics when the railing and slide are done.
Fort/treehouse/chickencoop/MMA ring. Whichever.

Picasso3

3 month rest break nearing end. Need to get floors in so they can start acclimating. About 800 sq ft. Thinking I'll get some low grade prefinished solid oak so if the dogs fuck it up I'll just refinish it when we sell.

Give me your votes, rest of the house is builders beige with gunstock oak. Regular boring oak or spice it up?

2016-10-05 20.07.50.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Oblio - your kids going to do cage matches in that thing?

Soy - kitchen looks great! I like your flooring. What're you doing for back splash?

Piccaso - You could do engineered laminate and get extra. That way you can only replace the messed up parts when you decide to sell and not have to refinish the entire floor.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
My sister-in-law has oak floors and 2 bloody great greyhounds chasing all over it, 4 years later it still looks good as she bought the slightly textured stuff so any marks blend right in, as opposed to the planed and shiny stuff that shows any mark. So that would be my 2-cents: don't get the shiny stuff.