Home Improvement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
At the new house I may look at the Ego 56V line or the Greenworks for outdoor stuff. That depends on the yard and everything though.

I don’t see any issue being split between platforms on indoor vs outdoor stuff since I won’t be sharing batteries. The alternative being Dewalt FlexVolt or 2x20V stuff they have.

That would have been strange for a friend to give up all their 18v Kobalt stuff bc they switched to 20v. As I understand it those batteries were interchangeable. And anyway 18v And 20v are the same damn thing. 20v is just a marketing gimmick.

Prior to Lowe’s launching the U.S. based Flex line Den of Tools food a few videos on cordless platforms. That’s where most of my new info comes from. My Lowe’s is significantly better than the HD here in friendliness, cleanliness, the ProService Card is better, and their selection seems better. High on Lowe’s right now.

There was a video about the ex HD guy that they ran out and how he’s now CEO of Lowe’s and on some mission to completely destroy HD. Sounded pretty funny and he’s got a huge grudge I guess.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
At the new house I may look at the Ego 56V line or the Greenworks for outdoor stuff. That depends on the yard and everything though.

I don’t see any issue being split between platforms on indoor vs outdoor stuff since I won’t be sharing batteries. The alternative being Dewalt FlexVolt or 2x20V stuff they have.

That would have been strange for a friend to give up all their 18v Kobalt stuff bc they switched to 20v. As I understand it those batteries were interchangeable. And anyway 18v And 20v are the same damn thing. 20v is just a marketing gimmick.

Prior to Lowe’s launching the U.S. based Flex line Den of Tools food a few videos on cordless platforms. That’s where most of my new info comes from. My Lowe’s is significantly better than the HD here in friendliness, cleanliness, the ProService Card is better, and their selection seems better. High on Lowe’s right now.

There was a video about the ex HD guy that they ran out and how he’s now CEO of Lowe’s and on some mission to completely destroy HD. Sounded pretty funny and he’s got a huge grudge I guess.
You’re right I checked. It was when they changed to 24v. Those were not interchangeable, it was a new line of tools.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
We installed a fence about a month ago. Our house is in a new neighborhood. Pretty sure my neighbor is going to use part of my fence for their fence. My wife does not like this at all. I don't really give a fuck. Am I missing something here? Everything is on my property.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We installed a fence about a month ago. Our house is in a new neighborhood. Pretty sure my neighbor is going to use part of my fence for their fence. My wife does not like this at all. I don't really give a fuck. Am I missing something here? Everything is on my property.
I know in my city and HOA you can’t do that. Fences have to be into your property line 6 inches. So someone tying into yours would be going onto your property. The problem comes in to when you go to sell it or want to take the fence down...you now have to rip a shared fence down. Other neighbor will be butthurt/disputes or he’d have to move it back into his property line.

Now that may be an HOA thing only, idk. My last neighborhood both neighbors asked to tie into mine and I said go for it but if city comes knocking you have to move yours.

The only thing I can think of is easements. All those fences tied together left the city no easy way to walk between them when needing to walk behind our fences for power lines or sewage because we made up one huge wall tying them all together.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is a story as old as the suburbs. The delay of building a fence in a new housing sub-division hoping your neighbors give in first and build their fence so you don't have to build as much.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

yea from what i saw last, when it's 20v or 24v that just means that it has a peak CHARGE of 24v, but theyre all still 18v tools, thats why all the batteries that are 20v or 24v have MAX on em

c7c987a8b91019fcd5a2ae689eba14a6.png

c697e84a6ca26a0d265a4e39e596568e.png

tools are no different, you just fall for their marketing and make you buy an entire new line of tools cuz of the batteries.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I know in my city and HOA you can’t do that. Fences have to be into your property line 6 inches. So someone tying into yours would be going onto your property. The problem comes in to when you go to sell it or want to take the fence down...you now have to rip a shared fence down. Other neighbor will be butthurt/disputes or he’d have to move it back into his property line.

Now that may be an HOA thing only, idk. My last neighborhood both neighbors asked to tie into mine and I said go for it but if city comes knocking you have to move yours.

The only thing I can think of is easements. All those fences tied together left the city no easy way to walk between them when needing to walk behind our fences for power lines or sewage because we made up one huge wall tying them all together.

I think it will be fine. My wife is the one being crazy about it. Pretty sure the town will be cool with it, as well as HOA. The neighbor is going to put his own post in to separate mine fence section from his. My wife thinks that if they color the other side or some shit we'll have a shitty fence. Maybe I just needed to type it out. We ain't reselling it or anything lol.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need to figure out a lawn mover situation for my new house. Its a 1/3 acre lot. The house occupies about a third of it, so the yard is about 0.2 to 0.25 of an acre. Should I get a riding mower for this, or can I get away with a push mower? I dont want to spend $1700 on a riding mower and then have to buy/build a huge shed on the property to store it in. The area circled in red is my lot.

Wife insists I need a riding mower but I think thats bullshit.

View attachment 353223

How could you possibly justify a riding mower for a lawn that size? Unless you have a mobility problem or are disabled, get a push mower. It'll take no time and you'll burn some calories.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How could you possibly justify a riding mower for a lawn that size? Unless you have a mobility problem or are disabled, get a push mower. It'll take no time and you'll burn some calories.

thats what i said

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I think it will be fine. My wife is the one being crazy about it. Pretty sure the town will be cool with it, as well as HOA. The neighbor is going to put his own post in to separate mine fence section from his. My wife thinks that if they color the other side or some shit we'll have a shitty fence. Maybe I just needed to type it out. We ain't reselling it or anything lol.
with lumber prices, you practically have surrounded your house in gold

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
thats what i said
have you figured out your sprinkler situation?

get a few of these flags and mark em out, imo
3b0d4eae44fb879dfb558a6b801d99e7.png

when i had my electric mower my first year, i'd sometimes but up against a sprinkler, cuz it was "stuck", no big deal, but then i forgot this when i switched to gas and that thing tore it up, heh.

doesn't look like you have sprinklers in the back, kinda no use it'll just run off and with those 2 trees, so much shade too, you probably only have to mow the backyard once a month.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Araysar Araysar could probably use scissors for that yard this year, that’s pretty damn sparse. Need to do an aerate and seed this fall to get it going. Could probably do one right now too if you want to get it going sooner.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
have you figured out your sprinkler situation?

get a few of these flags and mark em out, imo
3b0d4eae44fb879dfb558a6b801d99e7.png

when i had my electric mower my first year, i'd sometimes but up against a sprinkler, cuz it was "stuck", no big deal, but then i forgot this when i switched to gas and that thing tore it up, heh.

doesn't look like you have sprinklers in the back, kinda no use it'll just run off and with those 2 trees, so much shade too, you probably only have to mow the backyard once a month.

I dont have sprinklers. It rains once a week here

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Araysar Araysar could probably use scissors for that yard this year, that’s pretty damn sparse. Need to do an aerate and seed this fall to get it going. Could probably do one right now too if you want to get it going sooner.

I think that photo was taken in dec/jan when it was 20 degrees outside. The trees are nothing but sticks

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

You got an aerator and seed youd recommend? Ive never done this before.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My first house was on about a 1/3rd acre lot. I was really surprised how many people around me with same size or smaller yards had a riding mower.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You got an aerator and seed youd recommend? Ive never done this before.
I just hired someone to do it. I was like $75 or something versus renting an aerator and buying seed myself which would’ve cost more. He had a big riding aerator so it only took him 10-15 minutes and used a grass blend that our area uses. Not sure what it was but your blend would probably be different anyways.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I just hired someone to do it. I was like $75 or something versus renting an aerator and buying seed myself which would’ve cost more. He had a big riding aerator so it only took him 10-15 minutes and used a grass blend that our area uses. Not sure what it was but your blend would probably be different anyways.

Thats smart, I'll just call around and get someone to do it when I move in.