Home Improvement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ants crawl up my window, these worked well last year, gonna try them again
5e91e91ccabe9064f3607a3513445844.png

yes... i know i bought 6bait, lulz

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
ants crawl up my window, these worked well last year, gonna try them again
5e91e91ccabe9064f3607a3513445844.png

yes... i know i bought 6bait, lulz
I just get the liquid squeeze bottle, track them where they are coming in and squeeze it into that hole. Stops them quick, but put the bottle in a plastic zip lock or it will attract more to wherever you store it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I just get the liquid squeeze bottle, track them where they are coming in and squeeze it into that hole. Stops them quick, but put the bottle in a plastic zip lock or it will attract more to wherever you store it.
i'll actually put it outside my window sil, cuz i see em coming in from outside, i was just doing touch up trim paint, my windows have the removable screen you put over the whole frame, so i don't think it'll fall out, and i guess putting a strip of painters tape won't hurt.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. I get this “for professional use only” shit, squeeze a little where they’re coming from and they’re fucked. I think this one kills the entire nest, they take it back home and it genocides them.

Syngenta Advion Ant Gel 4 tubes 30 grams each

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah. I get this “for professional use only” shit, squeeze a little where they’re coming from and they’re fucked. I think this one kills the entire nest, they take it back home and it genocides them.

Syngenta Advion Ant Gel 4 tubes 30 grams each
cool, do i just squirt it on the window sill or i have to hunt them down? i guess if other ant killer doesn't work well in a week, i'll just squirt some in that container.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
cool, do i just squirt it on the window sill or i have to hunt them down? i guess if other ant killer doesn't work well in a week, i'll just squirt some in that container.
Just squirt it where you see them coming in from or walking. It’s clear so window sill is fine. Once ants have a scent path they follow it, so if that shit is nearby they’ll take some home. The tube I have is old because all it takes is one small squirt and the next day they’re nowhere to be seen, forever. They usually start over in the spring, new colonies I guess, then they get genocided until next year. It only takes a little bit, like what you’d put on your toothbrush.

I gifted away the other tubes in the box cause I figure the one tube will last so long it will expire, I just use so little each year.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I had two massive ant nests in my back yard last year, and found out the easy way to kill them. I have a five gallon stock pot. Boiling water with a bit of dish soap in it. Poured it three times over each nest, totally gone forever.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I had two massive ant nests in my back yard last year, and found out the easy way to kill them. I have a five gallon stock pot. Boiling water with a bit of dish soap in it. Poured it three times over each nest, totally gone forever.
I’m about to try something similar but with orange oil for fire ant mounds. Fire ants have a waxy coating on their carapace that protects them from standard ant/pesticide treatments. The d-limonene found in concentrated cold pressed orange oil can dissolve that coating and causes them to asphyxiate. With fire ants if you don’t get the queen or if there are enough ants left to move the eggs, they’ll just relocate nearby. The orange oil coats everything so it’s effective for at least a little while post-application. Supposedly it won’t alter the soil chemistry or harm plants (unlike 5 gallons of boiling water!).

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Here I was feeling bad about my painless and tasty chemical genocide for ants in the house and you guys are boiling outdoor ants alive. I can sleep better tonight knowing I’m not the worst genocider out there.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Here I was feeling bad about my painless and tasty chemical genocide for ants in the house and you guys are boiling outdoor ants alive. I can sleep better tonight knowing I’m not the worst genocider out there.
wtf, i just bought that poison you recommended, you say it's gentle on them ants? i want them to suffer the pain of a thousand suns!!!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I imagine you’d have a different sentiment if you were dealing with fire ants.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I’m about to try something similar but with orange oil for fire ant mounds. Fire ants have a waxy coating on their carapace that protects them from standard ant/pesticide treatments. The d-limonene found in concentrated cold pressed orange oil can dissolve that coating and causes them to asphyxiate. With fire ants if you don’t get the queen or if there are enough ants left to move the eggs, they’ll just relocate nearby. The orange oil coats everything so it’s effective for at least a little while post-application. Supposedly it won’t alter the soil chemistry or harm plants (unlike 5 gallons of boiling water!).

Yeah, I had dead spots in the grass all around it for most of last year, but the ants were 100% gone, and no chemicals. The grass is coming in nicely this year. I did do it every day for four days because I saw evidence of them moving eggs out. Eventually that stops, though.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just boiled up 50 gallons of hot bleach and drano to kill some ants. Wish me luck.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've found that 25 lbs of high explosive followed up by daily napalming for a week does the trick.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna have to try this, the new property has a few big fire ant nests that need to be dealt with , they got me the other day and I don't want the kids stepping unto one and getting swarmed

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Gonna have to try this, the new property has a few big fire ant nests that need to be dealt with , they got me the other day and I don't want the kids stepping unto one and getting swarmed
This was the video I first saw. There are others out there that demonstrate why it works, but you get the important details from this:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users