Homeland

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
sounds like the TL;DR is that I should just not watch this new season. Awesome.
You have to deduct the "I hate all the women in this show they are so annoying" contingent that is present in nearly every thread here.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Well I fall into the this show sucks now crowd as well. Season 1 great stuff. Season 2 started pushing the wtf envelope a bit to far. I had the first few episodes of season 3 ready to watch and after hearing its more of season 2 I just said fuck it.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Dana is hot and I don't mind her storyline, but the spiel about suicide was pretty stupid. People who really want to die don't make unsuccessful suicide attempts. They also need to kill off Brody.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
From the preview we got at the end of the last episode it seems like Brody will be turned, AGAIN. This guy basically has some kind of agenda radio built inside of him by now, you turn a few buttons so he catches your frequency and voila; you got your own 'terrorist to go'.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
/sigh

They could have made this episode 10 minutes long, and that's being generous. Nothing happened.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Were there subtitles for this episode? What I watched didn't have any, but I feel like it should have. Not sure if they would have redeemed the episode at all, but I spent most of it wondering what the fuck was being said.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
There were no subtitles. I did not understand exactly where he was or why those dudes were so determined to keep him in their ghetto.

Szlia

For me, it was one of the best episode of the show, but also totally different than what we got in the previous two seasons. Homeland always has been a very dynamic show with zero pussyfooting. Suddenly this season is very static and deals with the consequences of the previous two seasons: Carrie in the psych ward, Brody's family broken, Saul sudden capitain of a damaged ship and Brody stuck in the fringe of society. It's very different than the previous two seasons, but not less interesting and potentially a lot less shark-jumpy than season 2.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the first 3 episodes this season have been very slow and character based as opposed to the mile a minute, save the world pace in the first two seasons. I'm assuming that there will be some terrorist plot to thwart by the end of the season, but they are taking their time getting into it.

spronk

FPS noob
this documentary on the real live abandoned tower is far, far more interesting than this entire season. posted by the author on somethingawful

Szlia

You could feel during the episode it was based on something real. It's even closer to reality than one could expect: check that picture of a guy weight lifting in the tower (we saw a similar bench in the episode) with a mosque in the background.

rrr_img_46492.jpg

In the FSR a few weeks back someone posted about a similar place in Hong Kong that is now destroyed:Kowloon Walled City - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
another re-hash, 30minutes of fcking brody getting fixed up and slowly turned by non english speaking ppl. wtf is this stupid shit of no sub-titles? are we supposed to feel as foreign as brody without subtitles? well fck 1/3 of high school americans took spanish, just give us the fcking subtitles.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Another episode of shit. These 3 could have been combined into one catch-up episode, just like Walking Dead dropped on us. This Tower makes no sense. The ghetto kingpins will kill someone for taking a passport, but won't fink on a guy for a $10 Million reward? Right. They've wasted a quarter of the season on this garbage and we still have no idea where the storyline is going. WTF is Saul working on? Why is Carrie continuously coming in and out of the psych ward and back into a super secret position with the CIA?

Fucking get on with it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I have to be honest, while I didn't think the first two episodes were very good, I thought it wasmaybecool that Brody just wasn't going to be part of the show for a little while.

Anyway, I marathoned through this whole thing over the past few days and I agree with everyone else here. Season 1 was great. Season 2 was silly. I thought a Season 3 without Brody, even with how much I like Damian Lewis, would be an interesting way to take the show. Honestly, every second he's still alive just detracts from how meticulous Season 1 was.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, damian lewis used up his "captain winters" cred, a long time ago, he really should have died in some explosion, but homeland needs superstars to keep going.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
Gave up on this season, can't bring myself to spend the 50 minutes watching it
frown.png
Post in the thread if the season actually gets good again.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually enjoyed the Brody episode and what the Doctor told him at the end

Anyway, the first season was so incredible because it went balls out and felt like it wasn't holding back and didn't care about how it would impact later seasons. Now it seems everything that's done is to play into the next season or making sure they get 5-6. The villains aren't particularly interesting anymore and there's barely even a good guy to root for. The Carrie vs Brody stuff in season 1 was great, but they had to make her a typical woman who fell for a dude because he's handsome

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
yea, damian lewis used up his "captain winters" cred, a long time ago, he really should have died in some explosion, but homeland needs superstars to keep going.
That wasn't even as good as his show Life. It has the chick that is now on Person of Interest, the badass one who shoots everyone.