Homeland

Terial

Trakanon Raider
yea, amazing how fast he vanished one Brody's whole family life went public and country traitor lol

Cybsled

Reasonable, although you'd figure it would be worth a mention at least to explain why he left, since he was essentially a surrogate father to those kids.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I fear we'll have to suffer with the suicidal daughter side story. DO NOT CARE about her barely-a-6 self.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was pleasantly surprised with the first episode. With the way Season 2 ended I was just really unsure where they were going to take it, and I was afraid it was going to be a bunch of silliness between Brody and Carrie.

And yeah, I can already see the huge focus that Dana is going to take with this whole suicide angle. I really hope they don't make that a major point of the show, and squash it quick.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Considering his storyline really hasn't started yet for this season, don't know how you can say that.

Anyway, while Dana gets a lot of hate, I like her storyline. It is interesting to see the collateral damage on a family from something like what happened. I also have a feeling that Dana will figure out that her father had nothing to do with it.

Enjoying everything with Saul and Carrie. On the televisionwithoutpity, I saw some posters get all bent out of shape at Saul's "racism". I think him making a comment about someone wearing a headscarf, while not PC, also totally fit a normal persons reaction to having 300 of their coworkers killed by a member of that religion. If someone shot up my school while proclaiming he was doing it for Jesus, I would probably be a bit irritated if someone new came to work the next day wearing a huge cross.

spronk

FPS noob
Just marathoned through all the episodes the past week, dayum this is an amazing show. Haven't had such big holy shit moments in a show, like Brody praying in arabic at the end of episode 1 or the end of season 2 when all the shit went down. Saul is such a goddamn fantastic character, his interactions with Carrie are so subliminally amazing especially at the end of season 2 when the two get into it over career vs love. I have watched way too much 24 though, I was totally expecting Carrie to pull out a gun and shoot Brody at the end of season 2, and turn out to be the terrorist mole or something (which would make no sense, I know).

A bipolar insane, workaholic fuck happy female main character is something I would never, ever, ever expect to work in a million years but it works so well and Carrie is someone you love and hate all at the same time. Love all the Islamic insights too, the little speech Abu Nazir gave Carrie was fascinating. I hope they can continue making the bad guys interesting and smart.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
They really need to can the Carrie is crazy shit. It's a crutch they're heavily relying on anytime they need to impede progress on her development or plot. Think of a new arc to put her in, please, for the love of god

Fazana_sl

shitlord
HLBC bank hahahaha, not very subtle show writing staff!

I liked where the Dana emo took the storyline, I blatantly admit to fast forwarding the stuff where she was with her BF but the scene with her mother in the bathroom was worth it. Hopefully they tone that shit down now though.

Brody back next week or is it later in the season?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Love all the Islamic insights too, the little speech Abu Nazir gave Carrie was fascinating. I hope they can continue making the bad guys interesting and smart.
This was actually one of my favorite scenes of the entire show to date. My wife caught up on the show after I had already watched the first 2 seasons, and I would half pay attention when she was watching it. When that scene came up I stopped what I was doing just to watch it again. Good stuff.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I liked where the Dana emo took the storyline, I blatantly admit to fast forwarding the stuff where she was with her BF but the scene with her mother in the bathroom was worth it. Hopefully they tone that shit down now though.
When she told her mom that she wants to live now because of douchebag,
I immediately thought that sometime this season she's going to catch him cheating on her with some other crazy, hence taking away her raison d'etre. Mom will do something cool and she'll realize they're both really the same...or something.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In case of plothole, please break the crazy woman glass to get out of the psych ward. Showtime is proud to announce the entire writing staff of Dexter is now working on Homeland !

Cybsled

Er, being crazy is keeping her in there. I would have to say that is fairly realistic lol.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread, due to potential spoilers.

If I loved season one and HATED season two, should I be watching season three?
Thanks.