Homeland

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread, due to potential spoilers.

If I loved season one and HATED season two, should I be watching season three?
Thanks.
So far season 3 is even more of what made Season 2 shitty. Show is really starting to suck, not sure I'll make it thru this season.

spronk

FPS noob
If I loved season one and HATED season two, should I be watching season three? Thanks.
imo wait until season 3 is over then marathon through it. I marathoned through season 2 and thought it was good, but the Dana (brodys kid) parts were excruciatingly bad but all the Al Nazir stuff was awesome and watching each episode back to back made you forget about the stupid car crash stuff.

I assume this season is gonna be similar, with a lot of shitty stuff with the family but some pretty awesome stuff going on with the CIA, Saul, and crazy lady. Also I expect at least one more episode of great tits.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why do ppl like this?

season 3 is the same as season 2, no difference, just that instead of brody we get his stupid daughter (dana) storyline. Holy shit i couldn't stand this tween bullshit, everytime she was on screen fast forward, fast forward. The last time i fast forwarded this much was dexter.

season 2, oh no carrie is crazy, oh no carrie is off her meds, oh no carrie is a genius tho! what the hell is the difference in season 3?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I would say is, Homeland s1 is awesome because both Brody and Carrie character development are (IMO) solid. It's in a way likeRubicon TV showwould have been, we've been extendly shown what theNCSis for ; action. It's everyday's life of most Langley's CIA analysts. Granted, being high profile in the most known spy agency in the world since Cold War has its perks, but it's fedgov's administration, not Zimbabwean Intelligence Service. They'll be frowned upon victories, and they'll be despised upon anything else. That's how things go. Secrecy is anything, deception is everything.

But as soon as we're fully aware of Carrie's disease (bipolar disorder with manic-depressive episodes) there is no way, I mean NO WAY this show would have been coherent in any way (thank you Chip Johanssen, 24 showrunner) because there is no way some high-clearance CIA analyst would be let on the loose with that knowledge. It's not Tom Clancy's Hollywood, it's about keeping secret clearances. If you happen to know some shit, and become a liability, you're deffo gonna be taken care of : remember, you're in some CLANDESTINE service where even your identity is questionable. It's not 1962 anymore, we're not gonna summon you at midnight on some dark ghetto alley, clip you and make you *disappear* for the sake of it. Haha, it would still happen tho, but we would never hear of it (clandestine, etc). NCS clearance makes you sign weeks long discharges where ever your whole existence is questionable. You would NEVER go to some random journalist and spill your bullshit with only your word backing it. That's not how things work, even onmostBP disorder attacks.

Nowadays, highsec (there is no levels really, it's all about clearances and NTK-Need To Know basis) clearance people have secure lives (families, wives, husbands, children, etc). Why ? Because some fuck in 1947 said "secrecy is about family" because it's easier to threaten / control people when they have things they care about. Yeah this quote could or couldn't be made byAngleton. LOL, it happened 60 years ago ? Who cares ? CIA is the most important spy agency in the world nowadays. Efficient, competitive ? No, I'm talking about powership, knowledge, craftship, deception and failures. Yeah CIA is IMO all about that, a giant clusterfucker of true values choked upon ideals (I'm living in Europe). You'd really think they'd get official clearance fucks on the loose with mental diseases post 9-11 ? No, just no. Remember, we're living in bureaucracy states, where your opinion only matters when there's a trail. How about when there's no trail ?

You're being a secret spy manager, and you're gonna promote someunstable-rogue-assetright after some department wise fuckup because she was right all along ? Either you're the worst whiteknight manager all along, or you have a Jesus personal agenda. Either way, you'd have to build a search team for sense, because none of it has yet to be found.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the love affair with this either. Season 1 was excellent, but should have ended with Brody blowing up. Last season, and the first 2 episodes of this season were really poor. We get it, Carrie is crazy as fuck and Dana is a whore.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the 16 year old having sex? Not only is her storyline uninteresting and irrelevant, it just felt wrong. Especially when she rolled on top of him for round two.

Szlia

The only thing that felt wrong is that the boyfriend is played by the same actor than the wannabe serial killer in the last season of Dexter!

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
This show has become un-watchable for me. I just can't believe the writers decided this would be a good direction to take the show. Can it be saved at this point?

Bane_sl

shitlord
Carrie getting committed isn't a very good storyline in my opinion. It's getting to House status where it's almost just too unbelievable to continue along with. Top that off with the fucking daughters annoying voice and whining is going to make for a shitty season. Where the hell is Brody for fucks sake.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you think the show sucks, please, by all means, stop watching it, or at least posting about it.

Szlia

The daughter is the second best character in the show.

The best character, as we all know, is soon to star in a spin-off:

rrr_img_46100.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't get the love affair with this either. Season 1 was excellent, but should have ended with Brody blowing up. Last season, and the first 2 episodes of this season were really poor. We get it, Carrie is crazy as fuck and Dana is a whore.
Yeah, season 1 was amazing. But these writers have fallen into the classic Network TV trap--rather than the story coming first, the need to produce more episodes with star-driven marketing is coming first. This is the only reason Brody is still alive and/or relevant. His story has become so obtuse and unrealistic (In the shows setting--I could give a shit about realism vs the real world.) that it makes it difficult to watch. All because they are trying to one-up every dramatic scene with the next. But that creates this situation where it just becomes unbelievable that these characters are still functioning, given the parameters the world has drawn for us. (The guy in the video talks about it--some of the scenes are just so ridiculous it's almost comical, and it's all in the name of "more dramaz!")

If they wanted to make these drama bombs keep coming, then they have to let go of the need to keep their Emmy stars in their advertising and learn to write in the consequences for these scenes. Otherwise they need to let go of that need for every scene to be a one up of the last big dramatic scene. You can't have both--otherwise you get Sons of Anarchy, Dexter or 24-- and it just becomes something to roll your eyes at, week in and week out.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, season 1 was amazing. But these writers have fallen into the classic Network TV trap--rather than the story coming first, the need to produce more episodes with star-driven marketing coming first. This is the only reason Brody is still alive and/or relevant. His story has become so obtuse and unrealistic (In the shows setting--I could give a shit about realism vs the real world.) that it makes it difficult to watch. All because they are trying to one-up every dramatic scene with the next. But that creates this situation where it just becomes unbelievable that these characters are still functioning, given the parameters the world has drawn for us. (The guy in the video talks about it--some of the scenes are just so ridiculous it's almost comical, and it's all in the name of "more dramaz!")

If they wanted to make these drama bombs keep coming, then they have to let go of the need to keep their Emmy stars in their advertising and learn to write in the consequences for these scenes. Otherwise they need to let go of that need for every scene to be a one up of the last big dramatic scene. You can't have both--otherwise you get Sons of Anarchy, Dexter or 24-- and it just becomes something to roll your eyes at, week in and week out.
Perfectly sums up my feelings towards this show now. Eloquent.

Lusiphur

Peasant
They really need to can the Carrie is crazy shit. It's a crutch they're heavily relying on anytime they need to impede progress on her development or plot. Think of a new arc to put her in, please, for the love of god
This. The crazy Carrie shit is just annoying now. It was fine to use it at the end of Season 1 but to use it again is just pissing me off now. It sets the character back and as someone said earlier is just really being used to give her screen time.
The CIA assassin guy is developing quite nicely tho
wink.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the only reason to have more crazy carrie shit is so that claire danes can get another emmy/golden globe. I mean yea she's talented, and i heard that her portrayal of crazy/multiple personalities is so spot on lots of ppl with the disorder write and congratulate them on getting it spot on. However, this isn't ER, i'm sick of the crazy which is like ppl said a plot device to have carrie go, 2 steps forward 3 steps back.