Homeland

Malkav

French Madman
Reading you guys I'm glad I stopped after they killed Brody (marathoned the first 3 seasons recently).

I couldn't take 4 more seasons of Carrie being a retarded mess.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Reading you guys I'm glad I stopped after they killed Brody (marathoned the first 3 seasons recently).

I couldn't take 4 more seasons of Carrie being a retarded mess.

Later seasons are worth watching, this one included. Apart from Better Call Saul and Westworld, what else is there to watch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It still hits that spy genre void for me. All things considered it has solid production and nothing else on TV really "does it" for me like this show, in terms of the genre.

Like I said, the VP shit is retarded, but aside from a couple of episodes, this season has been solid so far.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Later seasons are worth watching, this one included. Apart from Better Call Saul and Westworld, what else is there to watch.
The final episode of The Magicians was last night. I suggest watching the 5 seasons of that one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
lol, fuck the haters. This show may not be top tier but it's damn good when it comes to the spycraft/intelligence genre.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
If carrie could just the keep it the fuck together and not turn into a crying slut every episode, the political/spycraft stuff is actually ok. But she fucking ruins it with her dumbass choices and fucking or crying her way out of and into every situation

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man the whole dumb "Vice" President thing is so fucking annoying.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If carrie could just the keep it the fuck together and not turn into a crying slut every episode, the political/spycraft stuff is actually ok. But she fucking ruins it with her dumbass choices and fucking or crying her way out of and into every situation

It was a great episode (hence my prev post) right up until she tried to seduce Yevgeny.

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol, fuck the haters. This show may not be top tier but it's damn good when it comes to the spycraft/intelligence genre.
If you're heavily into that I'd like to suggest Rubicon, it's a cancelled TV show but the fist and only season is standalone enough. It has a 3 Days Of The Condor vibe with perfect casting, intriguing plot, top notch production and it scratches the spycraft / intelligence itch very good.

• 2Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Suprisingly good and satysfying series finale but overall glad I dont have to watch anymore.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I was skeptical that they could pull off a good ending halfway through the finale. They proved me wrong.

Only the Americans beats this out for best spy show.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man, Homeland jumped the gun a bit during some of these seasons... But they fucking stuck that landing. Props to them! Loved the show overall.

Massive "spy" void now that this and The Americans are gone.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was very skeptical that they were going to be able to wrap this up when I started the episode and halfway through I thought it was going to suck, but they actually did a pretty decent job. The Americans was a much better show than this IMO but this one wasn't bad.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I tried to watch the Americans but didn't get hooked on it right away. Sounds like maybe I should give it another shot.

I think part of what I didn't like is it was network TV, so it was a bit tame. Or am I misremembering?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's a character driven show. It's as much a family drama as a spy thriller so it may not be for everyone. I thought it was a great show with really deep characters and really complex moral issues. On top of that they did a really great job of portraying life in America in the 80's. I really liked it but if you want a lot of spy action that's only one part of the show and I know some people on this board were impatient with the slower stuff which I thought was the best part of the show.

FX is a step above network TV but below HBO/Showtime as far as what they show but it's not that tame. Also it has Annet Mahendru which doesn't hurt anything.

Annet-Mahendru.jpg

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The Americans is absolutely worth getting invested into. A few seasons in, there is a point when it becomes more about the complications of "family" than the spycraft. I mean the show always has the family side of things, but it got pretty heavy into it. Didn't love it as much when it progressed to that. Still, it's one of my favorite shows I've watched.