Homeland

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Crazy awesome episode, especially now that we know Yakushin owned Daybreak.

Carrie: Yakushin has $300 million in US banks. We freeze it, we squeeze his balls and he'll help us.

Saul: I dunno Carrie, $300 million might not hurt these corrupt Ruskies that much.

Carrie: Saul, he owns Daybreak. If we seize Daybreak, we shut down EQ, his balls will really be in a vice.

Saul: EQ... we got him. Lets do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Season is meh. While I think it was stupid they did the dur russians messing with murica thing, they did it pretty decently up until last week. As tyen tyen said, ep 11 completely jumped the shark. That's not even strong enough, it's like it went off the rails, on a bridge over ocean water, and there were sharks underneath it was jumping. Just pants on head. Pretty much unforgivable. I'll watch episode 12 but next season can eat my asshole.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I liked the finale. I've always been curious about the politics of the writers on this show, particularly when people on this thread were trying so damn hard to make the president character into Hillary Clinton last season even though it made no sense. I think the president's speech and the VP's treatment of the opportunistic congressman showed a very reasonable, centrist viewpoint that it would be nice to see more of. Maybe they are total optimists to think that politicians could show integrity or people of opposite parties could work together for the good of the country, but it's a nice thought.

Also, I really hope tyen tyen keeps telling us what is technically correct or incorrect about the show. It's super interesting and it's great to know that he's very knowledgeable and we should all be impressed by him. After all, technical details are the most important part of a good story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Season finale was ok, not great. I am calling it now: final season will start with Carrie getting better from her ordeal and then the rest of it will be spy vs. spy as she tries to get revenge on the Russian agent. That could be a real winner of a way to go out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It was rather annoying that they used Oleg from the americans as the russian captain here, like theres only one fucking young russian actor to choose from?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
That caused me a little cognitive dissonance too, but all these cable dramas share actors. Oleg is a much better guy than Yevgeny.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So that Keane speech at the end was a direct address to the audience, right? I was half asleep by that point but vaguely remember stuff about politics being very polarised

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It was supposed to be a speech to the nation on television but yes, she was sitting at her desk looking into the camera. I'm not sure what you mean by "polarized" though.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't love the finale, but thought it was a decent season.

I just hope Carrie isn't Quinn levels of retard the first 3-4 episode. Let her "heal" off camera, and go into the ultimate spy vs. spy against that Russian dude they released at the end. The one everyone gasped about when it was confirmed he was being released.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Like how they made carrie the showrunner after brody died, they should have killed her off after a season or two and made quinn the showrunner to finish off the series running all sorts of crazy black ops for saul and dal

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Season is meh. While I think it was stupid they did the dur russians messing with murica thing, they did it pretty decently up until last week. As tyen tyen said, ep 11 completely jumped the shark. That's not even strong enough, it's like it went off the rails, on a bridge over ocean water, and there were sharks underneath it was jumping. Just pants on head. Pretty much unforgivable. I'll watch episode 12 but next season can eat my asshole.

I didn't watch it but what did they do? Go to Russia, have the show declare that the Russian KGB knew who they were and where they were staying. Then our heroes gear up and depart from the hotel to run covert clandestine operations in the middle of Moscow with the KGB being none the wiser?

Cuz lol.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't watch it but what did they do? Go to Russia, have the show declare that the Russian KGB knew who they were and where they were staying. Then our heroes gear up and depart from the hotel to run covert clandestine operations in the middle of Moscow with the KGB being none the wiser?

Cuz lol.

Ya exactly. The folks under cover of diplomatic immunity ran a special operations mission like it was fricken Afghanistan. They completely ignored the fact that they've had been under 24/7 surveillance. Everything else sort of reeee's out from there.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
its like they have one really good head writer and then everyone else sucks dicks

• 2Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
February 9th, 2020 for the finale.
"The final season of Homeland finds Carrie Mathison (Danes) recovering from months of brutal confinement in a Russian gulag. Her body is healing, but her memory remains fractured — which is a problem for Saul (Mandy Patinkin), now National Security Advisor to the newly ascendant President Warner (Emmy and Golden Globe winner Beau Bridges). The top priority of Warner’s young administration is an end to the “forever war” in Afghanistan, and Saul has been dispatched to engage the Taliban in peace negotiations. But Kabul teems with warlords and mercenaries, zealots and spies — and Saul needs the relationships and expertise that only his protégé can provide. Against medical advice, Saul asks Carrie to walk with him into the lion’s den — one last time. "