Homeland

Showtime needs more good shows so that they can end shows when they should. This would have been a perfect "two and done" show with the story arc it had until the funeral bombing.

Welp season finale finally brought something back the show has been missing for the past 6-7 EPs, they really need to up their game S3, if they go another half the season without moving the story forward again they are gonna lose folks.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think Quinn is in on the bombings and is a terrorist, I also think his head honcho (the guy eating the chicken and waffles, can't remember his name now) is the one pulling the strings. I think he let Brody live, not because he had a bout of conscience, but because he would be the perfect scapegoat.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Quinn is in on the bombings and is a terrorist, I also think his head honcho (the guy eating the chicken and waffles, can't remember his name now) is the one pulling the strings. I think he let Brody live, not because he had a bout of conscience, but because he would be the perfect scapegoat.
That is about as good a theory as any. They might go that direction.

It could even go a step further and I think it could even be spun, that this wasn't an Al Qaeda or Hamas attack. It is just being staged that way and Brody is a perfect scapegoat. Instead, it was the big evil government committing a terrorist attack in order to keep tensions heightened.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I don't know about you guys but I fucking cringe at the whole Brody/Carrie romance and every scene involving it. It just seems so unbelievable after all the crazy shit each of them has pulled and been through. That's leaving aside a lot of the S2 plot details since those require some serious suspension of disbelief to begin with.
i feel the same way but then i factor in that carrie has mental problems and that makes it sort of ok.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Don't forget the story line with Quinn's wife and child. I think that was in there to show that he is not just a mindless killing puppet, but that he still retains some humanity. That's why I felt his decision not to follow through with the kill was plausible for me (plus, I think he felt for Carrie and didn't think Brody was a threat).

The romance between Brody and Carrie did turn unbelievable this season, which was unfortunate. The final episode cabin scenes felt very unnatural. I half hope it was intentional -- showing how they don't quite work together without being surrounded by intensity and danger.

As for the mole, whoever it is, I can't help but think it will be disappointing because it will almost certainly be either a bit player or someone we've never met. There's no investment there as a viewer (not to mention I felt the whole mole possibility was handled fairly carelessly by the writers).

One thing I initially liked about this show is that they didn't hold their cards for long. Things happened at a much quicker pace than I would have expected (like that confession video being found in the third episode or Nazir already being killed). However, I think this has forced the writers to constantly one-up what they've done and thus forced the show into implausible plot twists and a de-emphasis on character. It would be nice if the third season was a bit more low key, focusing on a wide ranging, character driven mole hunt.

I kind of wish the show would have ended this season or perhaps taken on different characters/storylines in each season, like Damages, so that they don't have to keep trying to make Brody a part of the show.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I kind of wish the show would have ended this season or perhaps taken on different characters/storylines in each season, like Damages, so that they don't have to keep trying to make Brody a part of the show.
i feel the same way. i was kinda disappointed when the bomb vest malfunctioned in the bunker. i guess i was hoping it would of went off and that would lead into a season 2 with the brodie family picking up the pieces of what he had done, no pun intended, and trying to make sense of it all as well as carrie and the agency dealing with her being right about him from the start.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just finished watching both seasons over the last few weeks. So I haven't read the whole thread, any chance Saul is responsible?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The more I think about it the more plausible it is. They said Saul couldn't and wouldn't play hard ball, that is basically why he was passed over for Estes. Maybe Saul took that to heart and knew that all those guys were War Criminals and had the perfect scapegoat with the Brody confession tape. The biggest flaw in this theory is that a lot of innocent people died BUT keep in mind this is Showtime (home of Dexter). Anything is possible with Showtime writers.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
The biggest flaw in this theory is that a lot of innocent people died BUT keep in mind this is Showtime (home of Dexter). Anything is possible with Showtime writers.
I think the bigger flaw would be that Carrie was suppose to be one of those innocent people.

My guess is we are gonna find out the 'untouchable' black ops handler dude (guy Saul talked to in the diner) is playing some geopolitical chess game manipulating both sides for a 'greater good at the cost of a few lives - unbeknownst to his patrons'. Carrie will aggregate the intel, so Saul can do battle with him. he is the only new antagonist they can insert that makes sense at this point.

Fyro

Golden Squire
Anyway for me to legally download / watch via computer the second season? I have seen up through episode 8 and I would like to watch the last four episodes.

I tried Hulu / Amazon live / itunes / showtime's website and none of them yet have a way to buy it for online viewing.

+Int for any help tonight. My wife and I want to finish our Homeland binge tonight if possible!

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Would someone link the interview where Gansa clearly states that Saul is not a mole/double agent? I just powered through both seasons this past week, and for me it seems that Saul had some sort of part in the memorial bombing.
First we have him as the the head interrogator for Brody's former guard, who slits his own wrist while in custody. Then while questioning Alieen in season two, this motherfucker just happens to have a spare pair of reading glasses on him which we have never seen him use before.
Saul even tries to move mountains so Quinn doesn't off Brody. To top it off, why the fuck does he specifically have to go to the burial at sea? I mean this guy just got out of a 3 day hold. Being present on that carrier gives him reason to not be at the memorial...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't believe how many fucking Golden Globes this show won. It's a good show, but this season was pretty crap.

The only one it didn't win that it was nominated for was Mandy Patinkin. Go figure.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't even know who was nominated, but that is pretty sad if no other tv show managed to outshine this mediocre season of 24... er I mean Homeland.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Claire Daines has now won back to back Globes, and Damian Lewis won for the first time.

Even as a fan of this show, this second season was way too uneven for me to say it was deserving of awards. Damian Lewis had some truly great performances (ep 1-4) and some of the most awful I have seen on TV, later in the season. Claire's performance the second season really gave me the feeling she is a 'one-trick-pony'.

2013 Golden Globes Winners and Nominees:
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
WINNER
Damian Lewis for "Homeland" (2011)

Other Nominees:
Steve Buscemi for "Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
Bryan Cranston for "Breaking Bad" (2008)
Jeff Daniels for "The Newsroom" (2012)
Jon Hamm for "Mad Men" (2007)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
WINNER
Claire Danes for "Homeland" (2011)

Other Nominees:
Connie Britton for "Nashville" (2012)
Glenn Close for "Damages" (2007)
Michelle Dockery for "Downton Abbey" (2010)
Julianna Margulies for "The Good Wife" (2009)