Homeland

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like this season since it's more about the actual intelligence ground spy stuff, not the usualhack-the-remote-mainframe-passwordbullshit boogaloo.

Yeah, Dar Adal chilling in wannabe Osama car was a genuine "WTF" moment. Season finale is today, let's see how they deal with that.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If this was the season finale then...well it was a bit weak. Too much family drama and this was more like a mid season or early season plot advancing bullshit episode.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, not a great finale after an otherwise excellent season. Pretty easy to see where this was going the whole time as well - Just hope Quinn survives, but that doesn't look likely now.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Aside from watching Saul backdoor Haqqani and Dar Adal next season looks pretty weak. Does anyone care about Carrie/Quinn? Mommy issues? Carrie's adventures in aquatic parenting? Ugh.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I do not see Quinn dying, however upon his return something will have happened, more than likely not to him but to his team that makes him stay in. Carrie as usual will have her own shit going on, and trouble will ensue.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Aside from watching Saul backdoor Haqqani and Dar Adal next season looks pretty weak. Does anyone care about Carrie/Quinn? Mommy issues? Carrie's adventures in aquatic parenting? Ugh.
Please don't watch next season. Or if you do, please don't post about it. I'm asking nicely.

I guess last week was the climax of the season. This episode was more like resolution and setting up next season but it was kind of a letdown for a season finale.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Please don't watch next season. Or if you do, please don't post about it. I'm asking nicely.

I guess last week was the climax of the season. This episode was more like resolution and setting up next season but it was kind of a letdown for a season finale.
Sorry you can't handle a non-circlejerk. If I decide to watch next season, which is very much in doubt, I may post or I may not depending on if it's good or bad enough for me to want to. Dunno why people get so butthurt when someone dislikes something they like. It's a fucking discussion thread, you discuss the show, which means good and bad. You think this season was a major improvement, I think it was a minor one and the show is still way less than it could/should be after the way it started. If you can't accept that then I don't give a fuck. Thanks. It's not like I'm shitting up the thread of every TV show that sucks like some people. I just believe this was a great show once and would like for it to be great again, and after spending like 25 hours catching up because I was told how much better this season was I feel like things were pretty drastically overstated on that end.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The story from season 1 is based on another show. What we've gotten since then is this group's original writing. So no, I don't think they're capable of reaching that quality again.

Szlia

It was without a doubt a strange season final, but I found it pretty ballsy and it had one of the best scene of the season: The four weary agents drinking together at a funeral.

PS: God this baby is fugly.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow I am so disappointed at the finale.

After the hype and the ending of the previous episode this shit just went nowhere. Probably the top 2 worst episode of this show.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know what you guys are talking about. Did you watch a different episode than me? That had to be the most exciting episode of Homeland since that one episode where Dana cried. I mean, did you see Carrie back out of her driveway? It was so tense! Would she make it or would she back into the mailbox? I really breathed a sign of relief when she made it. Then she meets her mom who conveniently shows up to tell Carrie she can bone Quinn right when Quinn decides he wants to bone Carrie! And Carrie's mom wasn't a bitch because she abandoned Carrie because the dad was a basksetcase; she abandoned the family because she's a whore? What a twist! Not to mention, Carrie has a brother now!? Whew! I've been having a really hard time getting over the hole left by Chris. I can't wait until next season where she pawns the Brodling off on him! And I haven't even talked about the part yet where Lockhart brings lasagna that his wife made and that dramatic moment where he had to decide whether to drink whiskey or go to the kitchen to get a beer. I was on the edge of my seat!

This episode was so much better than all that boring crap in Islamabad like Haqqani storming the embassy to get a list of assets or the diplomat's husband confessing to treason. Who cares that the writers just seemingly forgot about those storylines? We finally get to the good stuff, like seeing Carrie in a hotel trying to call Quinn repeatedly! And then a text!? Be still my heart! And speaking of Quinn, thank god they skipped over all that stupid stuff about him hunting down Haqqani! I mean, how can you not be satisfied that that plot was summed up in a single line at the funeral of a character that's barely been in the show? There were certainly more important things to show, like Carrie deciding whether or not to bring her baby on a roadtrip. Turns out babies and roadtrips don't mix. Who knew?

This finale was definitely a turning point for the show. Homeland just really hasn't been the same without the family drama that the Brodys brought to the show. I'm so glad the writers realized that in time to save the finale over such a lackluster season. It really leaves me wondering how I'm going to be able to handle the next 10 months without it, especially after that cliffhanger. Carrie driving somewhere angrily? Where could she be going? The possibilities are endless! Is she going to go yell at her mom more? Is she going to discuss parenting tips with her sister? Is she going to go to a McDonald's drive-thru and, if so, will she get her daughter a Happy Meal? Maybe she'll get Mrs. Lockhart's lasagna recipe! I just can't wait!