Homeworld Franchise

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If it was anyone other than the guys who just released Aliens: Colonial Marines...

Troll_sl

shitlord
Yeah. I'm just hoping that that was a one-time piece of shit and that they know they'll be under the microscope for any future projects...

Dom_sl

shitlord
The way I'm looking at it is that even if they release a complete turd of a Homeworld game; I can always revisit Homeworld 1/2 at any time and enjoy them for what they are: Two of the best games ever made. The series was in complete limbo with no signs whatsoever that THQ gave a shit about it. While I would of course prefer this had gone to a studio with a better track record, or the small indie team that was trying to get the rights of the IP to turn their Homeworld inspired game into a real one, I'm at least happy that there is some hope to be had for a new game.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
At last Colonial Marines wasnt acutally made by gearbox (Borderlands games that they made were great), question is will they outsource this with the same results the Aliens game had, or do it themselves?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. I'm just hoping that that was a one-time piece of shit and that they know they'll be under the microscope for any future projects...
one time, yes

DukeNukemForever.jpg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Er... that turd's forgettable?

That's my excuse.

Still have hope. Because they CAN make good games.
No. They won't. They killed BiA, showed the world they couldn't care less about final product within Duke Nukem and AC:M (And worse, Pitchford took ZERO accountability for it knowing he just duped a ton of gamers) and the only spin off of success they have had was Borderlands.

They are going to subsidize this IP and create a low budget cash cow based off it's cult following just like they did with the above.

And by subsidize, probably outsource the work. That is if they can get a publisher to work with them after what they did to Sega.

Sean_sl

shitlord
No. They won't. They killed BiA, showed the world they couldn't care less about final product within Duke Nukem and AC:M (And worse, Pitchford took ZERO accountability for it knowing he just duped a ton of gamers) and the only spin off of success they have had was Borderlands.

They are going to subsidize this IP and create a low budget cash cow based off it's cult following just like they did with the above.

And by subsidize, probably outsource the work. That is if they can get a publisher to work with them after what they did to Sega.
I sincerely hope that Sega has some sort of legal recourse against them. Pitchford basically stole money from them to fund Borderlands 2 while constantly lying to the world about what was happening with A:CM. The guy is a scumbag thief who should be in jail.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Homeworld is a fucking amazing old game. I'm glad to see it getting raped over by a shit dev.

Wait, no im not.

Dom_sl

shitlord
How the fuck can a franchise that's been dead for a decade be ruined? Squandered is the word you're looking for.