Honkai Star Rail

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
When you do simulated Universe, I added a 5th character but did not see it in battle? What does it do really?
Puts the char on your bench. Can swap them in if someone dies or if you just want to change your team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finished the story (for now), Seele is just evaporating everything now since I've maxed her out for lv50, going to try Simulated World 5 now.

I was really dilligent on the third zone and got just enough currency for c4 Fire Starblazer which is pretty good.

Edit: Got World 5 boss down to 30% health on final health bar, but mind control kicked my ass...

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Saw a screenshot earlier of someone soloing W6 with Clara, stacking abundance and destruction perks.

Also, Forgotten Realms level 11 requires two teams.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Saw a screenshot earlier of someone soloing W6 with Clara, stacking abundance and destruction perks.

Also, Forgotten Realms level 11 requires two teams.
I wonder if the game is hinting to use Nihilism for W4 and Abundance for W5 by introducing those Aeons there. Can't remember what the first few worlds have, Destruction and maybe Preservation are introduced at some point?

W5 final boss doesn't have respawning adds, the DPS is managable until she mind controls you, so perhaps slow and stready with more healing is appropriate.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I like the gameplay but holy shit that is a lot of currencies and consumables… is there a cheat sheet of what not to use until certain level or the like? I know something is gonna fuck me if I use it wrong.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I like the gameplay but holy shit that is a lot of currencies and consumables… is there a cheat sheet of what not to use until certain level or the like? I know something is gonna fuck me if I use it wrong.

Upgrade levels and traces always. Not sure when you will see a lot of 5 star lightcones or relics so might want to hold off upgrading those too much until you have a 5 star, but not sure about that.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Everyone do yourself a favor do and tap that LB (not sure what the default keyboard command is) in battle to speed things up.

Makes the turn based aspect of it a lot faster and manageable once you know what you plan on using each round.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really wish they'd fucking add controller support for mobile. Trying to play this on a touch-screen is ass.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
No idea how the fuck anyone stays sane with the little screen dpad shit. And half the time when moving and trying to move the camera, it thinks I’m trying to zoom. Combat’s fun as hell though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The earlier you decide on your first 4 characters and light cones (weapons), the less resources you'll waste.

The costs are so low up to character lv30 that it's pretty safe to experiment and switch. After lv40 you have to be sure because you have limited energy to farm with.

You'll have 1 5* character by lv20 and 2 5* characters by lv40 so build around those and you will switch characters once you get them. No 5* healer use Natasha, no 5* tank use the main character.

You get 1 5* light cone around lv50 you can farm copies of and there's 1 4* you can farm copies of. You'll get a wide variety of 4* light cones from pulls.

All the crazy currency items are for breaking level caps and levelling talents, you do dungeones to farm them and you'll not get enough without farming so don't worry too much but don't waste the few they do give you.

Character and Light Cone exp items are pretty easy to get. Relic exp items are much harder to find but you can feed relics to relics to reuse already spent exp.

Relics are the only RNG grind but the game gives you several 4* sets for free, I only had to farm the quantum set, so don't use energy on relics until everything else is done. Do level your 4* relic sets up though.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
CaughtCross CaughtCross Chris Chris Appreciate it. Last question, any guild type stuff? It is wanting me to add friends right now and rather not add randos.

My UID 602879269

There are no guilds or much in game social stuff for Mihoyo games. This is nice as it makes whaling in the games pointless. They do have a sorta social media thing hoyolab. You can do daily check ins and it gives you in game items.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
W5 final boss doesn't have respawning adds, the DPS is managable until she mind controls you, so perhaps slow and stready with more healing is appropriate.

I beat the W5 boss easily the first time I went full abundance and got the double ult upgrade that pops it every round and removes a debuff with each cast. No one got mind controlled and just chipped the boss down no problem. I do think the worlds are designed around abusing some of these upgrades.

I beat W6 yesterday and unfortunately there's no W7 yet.

I am basically in maintenance mode already as I am hard-locked on ascensions for another 3 trailblazer levels and I can't get trailblazer exp without burning through daily stamina.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I beat the W5 boss easily the first time I went full abundance and got the double ult upgrade that pops it every round and removes a debuff with each cast. No one got mind controlled and just chipped the boss down no problem. I do think the worlds are designed around abusing some of these upgrades.

I beat W6 yesterday and unfortunately there's no W7 yet.

I am basically in maintenance mode already as I am hard-locked on ascensions for another 3 trailblazer levels and I can't get trailblazer exp without burning through daily stamina.
Yeah just went for that but didn't get enough abundance, I did notice that Natasha can cure the mind control buff before it goes off, but was taking too much damage this time.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I have an E6 Natasha and a E0 Bailu. Should I be using the E6 Natasha even they they are only a 4 star?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Don't fall into the Gacha trap. Every character is viable to get through content if leveled and geared appropriately.

Also E6 Natasha is insanely good.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have an E6 Natasha and a E0 Bailu. Should I be using the E6 Natasha even they they are only a 4 star?

You're probably going to need both of them because higher level content requires two teams.

I've gotten through all the free content available with my E2 Natasha, don't have Bailu (but I will probably pick her if I don't have her by the time I hit the 300 pity).

• 1Like

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Natasha is a beast and can keep your party healed until you get a 5 star like Bailu ascended a bit more which would probably take her place. My Natasha is maxed as well and she even does decent damage against Physical.

• 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Natasha is a beast and can keep your party healed until you get a 5 star like Bailu ascended a bit more which would probably take her place. My Natasha is maxed as well and she even does decent damage against Physical.
E6 Natasha doubles her basic attack damage output, which makes her a great skill point generator since her ultimate is usually enough to cover all your healing needs.

I have her with two pieces from the relic set you get in Boulder town for the extra physical damage.