Horizon 2: Forbidden West

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok game is fucking awesome. As expected. Jesus. Performance mode and HDR top notch. Audio even though Sony sucks and won’t license Atmos, rocks. Thinking about turning on the pulse and saying fuck it let’s hear it. I mean holy shit. I love these developers. Hope to fuck they do not disband.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying the game but it hasn't blown me away yet like the first one did. Probably to be expected. Yes, it looks amazing in parts but there is also a lot of texture pop-in and odd lighting effects. Buggy in some cut scenes. I'm playing it on an LGOLED65C. Resolution mode seems hard to play to me. Maybe I'm just too jaded coming from my PC (3090) since it has been a while since I've played a console game whose graphics I'm supposed to care about. Was expecting more from the PS5 really although the load times are astonishingly fast. I do think the narrative is going to be engaging and the combat is solid so far. For me it is like an 8/10 so far: really solid but not particularly generational. It certainly starts by feeling a lot like a DLC although I expect the true expanse will come later. Can't imagine anyone who didn't play the first game getting on from a story perspective.

And whoever that guy in the training portion was: bro, you're help ain't needed. Stop simping.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Meh, my game is bugged.

Checked and others are having the issue as well.

Copy pasted from reddit

-------------------

Description - Fighting pits result in black screen. Upon entering Chainscrape trying to do melee pit quest for the first time. There is a glimpse and the screen goes black upon choosing activity. Sound is fine. The options menu appears.
Video -
Steps to reproduce - talk to the pit master and try to enter a challenge.
Expected result - start the training/challenge/tutorial in the pit as expected.
Observed result - see video
Reproduction steps - 10/10, never worked.

----------------

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Jesus fucking Christ. And we talk about certification. There is no way this wasn’t caught in QA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Do I buy this for my PS5 that I never play, or do I find someone to freeze me in a stasis chamber until it comes out on PC?

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This game is the only reason I was eager to find a PS5. The game is very pretty and just as immersive as the previous one. I feel like the part I'm in now is sort of an extended tutorial that sets things up game mechanic wise until you actually go to the Forbidden West.

Combat is just so damn smooth, they didn't break anything from the first and that's a good thing.

• 1Faggotry

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm definitely going to get it, just wanted to wait until Elden Ring was done so I didnt feel rushed to finish it. (I took Friday off for release but I don't usually have much time to play in general.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After playing for 2 hours before going and now playing another 4 or so. I love the game, although that was to be expected since the first is probably my favorite game of all time. I haven’t reached the Forbidden West yet, but have done pretty much everything in available so far. All quest and POI in the area before the Forbidden West. I’m level 9 right now.

The game is pretty much the same as the first one but everything seems to have been tweaked a bit to be better.

Can’t wait to continue my adventures tomorrow.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
"Oh wow I really dig this new NPC! I can tell they put some thought into the char.... annnnnd he's dead :("

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So as developers go they were not pants on head, and actually kept shit that worked in the first one, if not all of it, and just made small tweaks to make it better. This is a good thing, and not every game needs some new try-hard thing that actually just sucks to be great. Good on them!

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Game is gorgeous.

Not enough black folks in it tho, disappointed by the lack of representation. Do better.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I see they shrunk her head down for the cover so you could tell what the name is in the background.

• 2Double Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Does this game only have one background music track, or is my game bugged? The first 30 minutes of it was cool, but the latter 10 hours of it are wearing on me.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Still not done playing Fenyx. Moving boxes for puzzles is getting to me though. And friggen lazer beams in vaults. How are the puzzles in HFW so far? Can you still jump shoot cheese?

• 1Like